2014 Skate America FD 10/25 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America FD 10/25

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Definitely more people in the stands now than this afternoon. Way more. Lower Level maybe 3/4 full. Way more people now in corners and end.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I almost got teary eyed watching the Shibs in the Kiss and Cry area. They're polite smiles seem to almost say we know, we know the judges don't or won't put us as the top American team but we were hoping they would now that D and W are gone. S and B I do wonder if she was injured and I like them but they skate more for show and need to work on figuring out how to get tes..C and B - lose the facial hair Evan - please. I just don't get why the judges love them so much okay give them gold but not over100. I a bit disappointed. C and B seem appointed,anointed.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Shallow thoughts

All I really know for fact is if this were a best looking couple, king and queen thing, S/B win it for me. Talk about in shape. :love:

MalAssada

Medalist
I almost got teary eyed watching the Shibs in the Kiss and Cry area. They're polite smiles seem to almost say we know, we know the judges don't or won't put us as the top American team but we were hoping they would now that D and W are gone. S and B I do wonder if she was injured and I like them but they skate more for show and need to work on figuring out how to get tes..C and B - lose the facial hair Evan - please. I just don't get why the judges love them so much okay give them gold but not over100. I a bit disappointed. C and B seem appointed,anointed.

She was. She had a nasty fall/crash/can't remember yesterday during practice.

Scout

Final Flight
Not even close between the Shibs and C&B. Will be interesting to see the protocols, but C&B easily won both TES (+4 over the Shibs) and PCS (+2 over the Shibs) and an 11 point lead overall.

bramweld

Record Breaker

C/B skated for it the work shows. We might not like their point of view, but they have two innovative if not interesting programs. I wonder if Marina has put all her creative juices in C/L and S/K. The Shibs should have gone with Igor a long time ago. He is rebuilding his school, without Marina Zueva.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist

102...the judges are sending a clear message with that. It's so upsetting because Maia and Alex have the the skills and quality to be the top American team, better edges, twizzles, control of movement, etc etc...it's just a fear(?) of leaving Marina and well, probably a bit of politicking between the two coaches that is really holding them back. It's sad how they are continually lowballed and given half-attention by Marina yet they still manage to smile through it. I really hope maybe, maybe this season it will push them to make a bold change.

auser

Record Breaker
Not sure I heard/understood everything correctly, but the commentator I was listening to said that it had something to do with the entry edges to the twizzles and how they cannot enter all sets of twizzles on the same foot or something else about the number of steps in between the sets, and not the low position or the "spin" of it. Commentator said it was an easy choreographic change to make. I hope they can keep the low twizzles and not lose levels for it - it was unique and I loved them!
Thank you for the commentator info Scout:). Which broadcast/commentator are you watching/listening to?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The more Ice Dance I watch the more I see how obvious it is that my favorite ladies skater is trained by ice dancers.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Thank you for the commentator info Scout:). Which broadcast/commentator are you watching/listening to?

I heard the same thing from IN commentators. She said one of the twizzles has to either start on a different edge or you need to have 3 steps in between.

bramweld

Record Breaker
102...the judges are sending a clear message with that. It's so upsetting because Maia and Alex have the the skills and quality to be the top American team, better edges, twizzles, control of movement, etc etc...it's just a fear(?) of leaving Marina and well, probably a bit of politicking between the two coaches that is really holding them back. It's sad how they are continually lowballed and given half-attention by Marina yet they still manage to smile through it. I really hope maybe, maybe this season it will push them to make a bold change.

Agreed 100%. They deserve so much better than this empty choreography. They're practically in the same poses and postures for the entire dance. Really guys you can do much better than this.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
That was interesting...the Shibs were the clear favorites here in the arena after all the dances. I knew Madison and Evan would take it but was expecting the scores to be a lot closer. Off to the protocols!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Maybe one day c/b will do something as intersting as s/b. right now their number one priority is and it should be s/b's as well is to get the points in the fastest way possible. "What's most obvious? What's worked for vm and dw. Why should we risk our position doing anything risky at all?"

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hear you yen. Yes Madison is dramatic if not traumatic. Evan is a nice guy. But I don't know why c and b are so chosen. At least it should becloser. It is almost like Davis and White last year over Virtue and Moir even if you had D and W first it shouldn't by huge leaps and bounds. Saying their costumes were unique and innovative for An American in Paris is a nice way of saying we don't know what you were thinking but surely it was art or something like that. I know C and b is some people cup of tea. perhas the Shibs are a bit like mae- judges don't get them; I just think their score and smiles in the k and c area told a lot more - they know they can't win -look at the point differentiation - two falls and still C and B would probably win.

So happy for Chock and Bates!!! I really love their Free Dance. And I think this year they're finally starting to have their own style with programs that suit them really well.

I feel bad for the Shibs... That big of a point difference sort of says a lot.

So glad Paradis/Ouellette are getting pewter at their first senior GP!!!! I really like their free dance. That D/L choreo is so beautiful; and matches them so well.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why would so many judges give s/b plus 2 or 3 if they were blatantly violating all the rules of twizzles?!? Or not doing twizzles at all? How are they even getting a level and not b for basic?