2022 JGP Baltic Cup Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Baltic Cup Women's Free Skate

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now for my kid. With her trusty sidekick, SuperSimone the sloth 🦥 , providing support from the boards.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Stefania YAKOVLEVA (CYP)
Indian Medley

3F
3Lz+2A+2A+SEQ
3Lz Turn
3T<< Two-footed, step
FSSp3
ChSq1
3Lo+2T
LSp3
3S+2T
3Lo
CCoSp3V

Score: 91.86
Total score: 135.27

Sorry to say something against your kid, but I'd really like to see fewer programs themed like this 🙈 Technically, this was a pretty successful program, with only very few issues.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've always loved "Nagada Sang Dhol". So I was so excited when I saw that she would be skating to it.

That said, I thought one of the later pieces of music was a bit too frantic for skating to.

Pity about the landing on the Double Toe. But everything else was absolutely brilliant!!!

Was that a stumble just before her ending pose, or part of the choreography?

I know I'm biased because she's my kid, but I LOVE THIS PROGRAMME!!!!!!

Deserved new leader.

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Katerina HANUSOVA (CZE)
Paint It, Black by Ciara

3S Step-out
2F
3T+2T
FCCoSp4
3Lo+2A+SEQ Turn
3S+2T
3T Step-out
CCoSp4
ChSq1
2A
SSp

Score: 77.67
Total score: 121.32

Still waiting for a Paint It, Black program with a costume change. I mean, come on, it would be so fitting to the music. Her step-out was so springy, it looks more like an Euler than some other skater's planned Eulers.💀

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry to say something against your kid, but I'd really like to see fewer programs themed like this 🙈 Technically, this was a pretty successful program, with only very few issues.

Hey, no need to apologise. We all have different tastes. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

Personally, I like programmes that showcase different cultures. Provides a bit of variety.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, no need to apologise. We all have different tastes. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

Personally, I like programmes that showcase different cultures. Provides a bit of variety.

CaroLiza_fan
I like this competition because there has been a lot of different music and different costumes.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nice interview that Ted did with Anastasia and Hektor.

Awww. How cute is Anastasia?! I LOVE her accent!!! :love:

Right, time to go back and watch the last skater from Group 2.

No, wait. Yuka Sato is doing a masterclass. Have to watch her first.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan
I have nothing against programs showcasing different cultures, it's just that most of the time the choreography has quite little to do with the culture of the music and is more just "waving hands around in vaguely middle-Eastern gestures" - Despite the music being South Asian...

Stefania had some movements that were more accurate to the style of dance found in Bollywood movies, but that's rarely the case. (And Ice Dance choreographers are seemingly particularly prone to not doing their research properly based on the programs we've seen this season as well as in the past years... Sigh)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have nothing against programs showcasing different cultures, it's just that most of the time the choreography has quite little to do with the culture of the music and is more just "waving hands around in vaguely middle-Eastern gestures" - Despite the music being South Asian...

Stefania had some movements that were more accurate to the style of dance found in Bollywood movies, but that's rarely the case. (And Ice Dance choreographers are seemingly particularly prone to not doing their research properly based on the programs we've seen this season as well as in the past years... Sigh)

I definitely agree with you there. The hand movements in a lot of these type of programmes does tend to be cringe-worthy. But, on the few occasions when it is actually done correctly, it really does have an impact.

And I am glad that this example got your seal of approval. I know I have rose coloured glasses when it comes to the Cypriot skaters, so it's good to hear somebody else say that Stefania got it right.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've watched 24 skates with 24 more to go. :dbana:

Wow! It didn't dawn on me that we were only reaching the half-way mark now. :eek:

I might see 1 more skate, but that will be it for today.

Enjoy the rest! :)

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Sophie Joline von FELTEN (SUI)
My Life Is Going On, Bella Ciao

3Lz<
3F+3Lo<<
2A
FCCoSp4
3Lo Fall
3T Fall
LSp4
ChSq1
3S<+2A+2T+SEQ
3F<+2T
CCoSp3

Score: 84.21
Total score: 128.27

She did her Short well here, and struggled with the Free, while it was exactly the other way around in Riga. Shame she couldn't put it together today.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A few mistakes, but not as many as Sabina had earlier.

That was a surprise, her unveiling a hood and pulling it over head at the end. I didn't see that one coming!

Love what this young girl did yesterday and today.

Goes into second.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Marianne MUST (EST)
Oblivion, Yo Soy Maria by Astro Piazolla

2Lz Pop
3F<< Two-footed, Step
2A+2T
1Lz
CCoSp4
3S<< Two-footed, Step
3Lo+2Lo+2T<< Turn, Two-footed, Step
1A Pop
ChSq1
FCCoSp3
LSp3

Score: 64.47
Total score: 109.45

This music selection reads like the Rhythm Dance music selection of an Igor team. 😜Nightmare skate for Marianne 😭💔 Oh god, she's crying.