Rock Star INXS | Golden Skate

Rock Star INXS

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Took me a while to get into this one, but I'm really starting to like it. Anyone else watching? I must say, first off, that they really did start with 12 very talented people, unlike American Idol, which usually starts off with 2 or 3 really good ones, a couple that aren't bad, a couple that get better as it goes along, and about 3 or 4 Gong Show rejects who flat out can't sing.

Jordis is my favorite, tho I will admit that she has been losing steam lately; she was a true force of nature when this whole thing started. Still, I would buy her CD in a minute.

Suzie has really grown on me; didn't like her at first but she has really pulled it together the last couple of weeks.

Mig is just downright strange; something about him rather sets my teeth on edge. I can't believe he's still in and Ty is out.

J.D is rather up and down to me; he was good last night and I think his original song was probably the most INXS-like -- tho my favorite among those was Jordis'.

The blond dude -- can never remember his name -- he was just OK to me, too, but his Pink Floyd rendition last week was absolutely fantastic. I think either he or Mig is going to get it -- for some reason, I just can't see them going with a female lead singer.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
The blonde dude? My future husband? Marty? I came to this show late also, when I was channel surfing, saw him singing "Mr. Brightside" and haven't looked back since. I love him. But I don't know if I want him to win. Want him to stay with current band (Lovehammers) or go solo.

I liked Jordis, nice voice, but so wrong for the band. But I'll buy her CD. JD I like better each week, MiG.....I want to hear sing an INXS song before I make a judgment and while Suzie has a great voice, I just don't know....

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Marty. That's it. I don't know why I can never remember his name.

I have a feeling Mig is gonna win it. Actually, at one point he did sing an INXS song, fairly early on, but I can't remember what song or how well he did it. Obviously he must not have butchered it if he's still in the running. Two points in his favor, (A) he's Australian, and (B) he seems to have that same strange energy that Michael Hutchence had.

I agree that Jordis is wrong for the band; I'd much rather see her have a lucrative solo career, anyway. I wonder when the compilation CD is gonna come out?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
I wonder when the compilation CD is gonna come out?

September 20th. Not positive, but I think you can only get it from the website. Which would be really weird, but I only half pay attention to Brooke and that's what it sounded like she said. Hmm.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Love this show...........love David Navarro. My fav is Suzie but wouldn't mind if either Mig or Marty won.........do not see what others see in J.D......42

I happened on this show by accident and have been either watching or taping the shows every night it's on.

I really enjoyed Ty and was sad to see him go.

My favorite is Mig. When he played piano and sang "Baby I Love Your Ways" (by Peter Frampton)....I nearly melted. That was an important song during my husband and my dating years. :love:

Marty is growing on me, but my gosh does he have a big mouth!
I like Suzie. JD seems talented but so darned arrogant, a little too sure of himself for my taste. I wasn't fond of Jordis singing but she seemed like a great gal. I thought she should've gone before Ty.

Even tho I tape the show most the time (because I watch Phillies baseball when it's on, which is nearly every night from 7-10pm), I get on line and cast some votes.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
JD Rocks!

Ok, I have to say first that as a huge INXS fan, I was put off initially by the concept of the show. I used to worship Michael and was absolutely heartbroken when he departed so early, so young, so beatiful, with such bright future.

However, a while back, my co-worker finally convinced me to give show a chance. I tuned in when the show was down to the last 5 or 6. From the very begining, I felt that JD would be a best fit. He seemed to have the style and charisma of Michael. No, I wouldn't call him a clone. He just seemed as a great fit. I really liked Marty, but he just wasn't the best choice for the band. Can't explain it, but his voice and performance style is not very well suited for the INXS style. I am sure he has a great future ahead of him, and one of the Farris brothers mentioned that they may go on a tour together.

I own every single album that INXS ever sold in the States, even some old records. I went to see them live 2 times. I know most of their songs by heart. I really didn't think that I could see somebody else perform these songs. I didn't think I would want to buy the new CD or to go to their concert. But JD really captured and seized the moment. He is brilliant.

Not to put down others, but I really feel like they were all searching for the big break. JD has been a devout fan of INXS, so for him this a dream come true. As he said, he doesn't need to learn the songs. May the best fan win it all, and he certainly did.

Looking forward to November 29th,

Yana

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I am saying this as a HUGE Marty fan, and someone who has liked INXS since 1982, I am so glad they picked JD. I think this is best for both Marty and JD. While I liked hearing Marty sing INXS songs, I felt it wasn't really "him" and he had to change too much to get there. (and Lovehammers' Murder on My Mind is my current favorite album...)

JD is much better suited for INXS. I worry that he will be erratic in the way Michael was, but maybe they will look out for him.

I am looking forward to seeing Marty/Lovehammers either open for INXS or go on their own tour. That would be fab. :rock:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
While I am not at all a fan of JD, I guess of the 3 finallists he probably was the best for the band; i like INXS but am not a huge devotee, so as to that I will defer to people who are more familar with ALL their music; I will say he did the first song ("Easy Easy"??) quite well.

I really thought Mig was going to get it, tho.

At the very least, this show introduced us to some new talent -- Marty, Mig, Jordis, and Ty (I'm sure we all have our own personal lists in this context) all have some potentially great futures ahead of them and I'm glad that these people were given some exposure, which never hurts.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
JD was my least favorite, but he seems to be a talented songwriter. I'll buy their new CD all the same...........loved Suzie, Marty, and Mig, though.........42

I agree with those who say Mig was their favorite but that JD seemed most suited to front INXS, even tho he also was not a personal favorite of mine. Mig was definitely my favorite, but I had a gut feeling he would not be chosen. Marty grew on me over the weeks and I love his original song, Trees.

I don't know where I've been since INXS came to be, but I hadn't heard of them until maybe 10 years or so ago. I didn't even know the songs I'd heard in passing were INXS songs. Each time one of the bottom 3 sang a song that I recognized, I was saying to my husband "I didn't know that was INXS singing that" I didn't know anything about their lead singer committing suicide or anything! I am going to look into ordering an INXS greatest hits compilation album now that I know I like a lot of their songs!