Heat Molded (Riedell Horizon) | Golden Skate

Heat Molded (Riedell Horizon)

KristenK

Rinkside
Quick question. I know that the last time I posted a question about getting skates. I know that all if I was going to get Jacksons that there was not going to be any of them to fit my needs and I wasn't going to buy expensive boot that was going to be in the $400 dollar range just to go public skating maybe once a month for about 2 hours. So, just ended getting Riedel Horizon's. Now I was wondering if they can be heat molded?? It's been like 13 years since I bought new skates and when I bought them they were way too big to the point that I couldn't really skate in them and they were a size 10 wide. The Riedell Horizons that I got is a size 8 and fit me great just a little side pian a long the pinky toe. I wound think that will go away when breaking them in.

Reidell Horizon's Heat Molded????

silverlily1

On the Ice
I knew this would be what you would do after the response you got to your last post, but these are skates with a stiffness half that of the Jacksons they said weren't nearly stiff enough for you (the highest boot and blade combo). They might be less stiff than the old ones you started with. They appear to be one of the weakest boots Reidell offers.

I don't know if they can be heat moulded (it's very possible they can't be), but heating boots weakens them just a little bit every time. Do you really want to do that?

I *am* glad you got a better size.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The website doesn't list them as heat moldable, but This article gives instructions for all types of skates, including "recreational skates", which would be where the horzons fit.

KristenK

Rinkside
my ones were completely broken down to the point that i can easily squeezed at the top and i had to put tape around the holes cause the boot was shedding there. I wish i can share a picture to show.

KristenK

Rinkside
I just ended up returning them. They were hurting the side of my big toe anyway. I’ll just save up money to get the skates that would work for me. Til then i’ll try to use my old riedell’s