Shen/Zhao head for Turin! | Golden Skate

Shen/Zhao head for Turin!

hongligl

Final Flight
Shen/Zhao will leave for Turin on Feb. 6 (that's tonight in NA!) with their two beautiful new programs that are packed with high difficulties. They finally made it!
Theire new LP( Madame Butterfly) will be equipped with 3T- 3T and two outside edge death spirals together with great lifts and pair combination spins and nice step and spiral sequences, and of course their spectaculars throws and twist.

Can't wait to see them giving performances of their life to end their remarkable career!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: Have they competed at all this year, or will their Torino performances be their season debut?

They are in the same position as Michelle this year. It is impossible to guess how it will all work out.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
hongligl said:
Shen/Zhao will leave for Turin on Feb. 6 (that's tonight in NA!) with their two beautiful new programs that are packed with high difficulties. They finally made it!
Theire new LP( Madame Butterfly) will be equipped with 3T- 3T and two outside edge death spirals together with great lifts and pair combination spins and nice step and spiral sequences, and of course their spectaculars throws and twist.

Can't wait to see them giving performances of their life to end their remarkable career!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What great news. I love this pairs team. In my opinion the best when
they are on. Finally, some real completion for the Russian pair, whom
I find very boring and stiff.

Like Kwan, news about S&Z is hard to come by. I'm hoping if they skate it means that his ankle problems are behind him.

Joe

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I meant to say "competition" not completion. I better use my spellcheck.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am thrilled..........my fav pair couple. I hope they have two solid performances.....:agree: 42

flowjo35

On the Ice
I think they are great. Their skate at Worlds in 2003 was one of my favorite programs and had me in tears. I hope they have two great skates and medal. Before this injury I would say they were co-favorites for the gold.

kareliz

Rinkside
This makes the Olympics even more exciting. What a story it would be if they took the gold. I do believe it could happen. I love them not only for their amazing technical skill, but for the artistry that they developed. They were willing to work and stretch themselves to become the wonderful pair that they are. I can't wait to see them skate, and will be happy if they medal, and thrilled inf they win.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I can't wait to see them. I agree flowjo ... that Worlds 2003 performance was out of this world. :love:

If they could medal at the Olympics, this would be extraordinary ... considering what Zhao has gone through.

I'm thrilled with this news!!!! :clap:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
WHAT INCREDIBLE GOOD NEWS!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not only does it make the competition for the gold much more exciting (well, actually I guess it means that now there WILL be a competition for the gold, at least in theory), it will make the overall competition so much more interesting to watch; because, quite frankly, IMHO, everyone else out there in Pairs right now is pretty much a bit of a yawner.....

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
What a way to psych out the competitors - be nowhere to be seen for the whole season, then show up at Olympics! (And no, I'm not suggesting, they planned it that way...)

merrywidow

Record Breaker
That's exciting news! I'd lost interest in the pairs this year because they were gone. Good luck to them!:clap:

Cal Girl

Rinkside
YAHOO! I love this team! I hope they skate their hearts out. If not at the Olympics at Worlds!!! :agree:

kyla2

Final Flight
Great News

This is great news AND THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!!!!!! I appreciate it very much. They are my favorite pairs skaters of all time. Kind of like Michelle, in a class all their own. I can't wait to see their programs. T&M have been wonderful this season as well, but S&Z will be a highlight of the Olympics for me. I wonder if they know how many fans they have in the U.S.?

Lanie

On the Ice
Oh my goodness this is so exciting! Sending ALL the best to S&Z, I hope they really rock the house in Torino - they're so exciting and such a joy to watch!

Peggy

On the Ice
That is wonderful news!!!!, They are so special and a joy to watch. I hope they go home with the Gold.:clap:

S

SkateFan4Life

I would love to see Shen/Zhao skate two perfect programs and win the Olympic gold medal. They are such a spectacular pair - athletic, artistic - and they have truly paid their dues in training in all sorts of adverse conditions. Nobody could label them as "spoiled" or "privileged". They would make truly deserving gold medalists.

mzheng

Record Breaker
My best wishes to them.
Hope they sakte two beautyfull programs at Turino.
Go S/Z.

I have to schedule more time off for pairs now. :chorus:

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes - pairs is the 1st Olympics skating event. Airing on Saturday, Feb 11th in the US on NBC.... Less than 7 days to go...