Very nice Sasha artical | Golden Skate

Very nice Sasha artical

R.D.

Record Breaker
I love the quote at the end..."Slide it in there between 92 commercials". Comic! :laugh: :laugh: So true!

kyla2

Final Flight
Ita

This article says it in a nutshell for me too. The Olympics were as boring as they could be, but for one performance, and that was Sasha's. Yes, Shizuka gave the OGM winning performance but Sasha's is the one I replayed more than twice. WHY? Because it was a COMPLETE and ARTISTIC performance. Shizuka's was more perfect, but less beautiful to watch. It's very much how I feel about Michelle. When she skates, her skating is so beautiful to watch, that even when it isn't perfect, it's the best.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
kyla2 said:
This article says it in a nutshell for me too. The Olympics were as boring as they could be, but for one performance, and that was Sasha's. Yes, Shizuka gave the OGM winning performance but Sasha's is the one I replayed more than twice. WHY? Because it was a COMPLETE and ARTISTIC performance. Shizuka's was more perfect, but less beautiful to watch. It's very much how I feel about Michelle. When she skates, her skating is so beautiful to watch, that even when it isn't perfect, it's the best.
Shizuka's was far more beautiful to watch. When I see Sasha I still see her "Look at me! Aren't I exquisite?" attitude, not real emotion or artistry. Shizuka was truly beautiful.

kyla2

Final Flight
DancinDiva

Well, Sandra Bezic and Dick Button compared Shizuka's program to Plushenko's winning program, as skating from one element to another with a minimum of choreography when compared to Sasha's. I think I will stand with them and their opinion (and many others by the way). A clean Sasha would have beat Shizuka hands down, no contest. By the way, I have seen other sports writers express the same opinion-that Shizuka won but her program was not comprable to Sasha's in terms of artistry.

Lanie

On the Ice
Shizuka's 2006 Olympic performance pales in comparison to the real beautiful performance of her career...2004 Worlds. Shizuka's LP in Torino made me go, "Okay, she's a good skater, but I'm not feeling anything." Shizuka's LP in Dortmund made me go "WOW!"

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
dancindiva03 said:
When I see Sasha I still see her "Look at me! Aren't I exquisite?" attitude, not real emotion or artistry.
Dancindiva03, do you need glasses??

Dee

This will be an eternal discussion. Elvis or Ilia? Tara or Michelle? Oksana or Nancy? Sarah or anyone else? Bottom Line is if you have a favorite, it should still be your favaorite even if the favorite came in dead last.

I haven't given up on Ilia Klimkin and I will argue with anyone that he skated better than most of the boys. The guy reeks with body language. Only Kwan compares and Stephane is losing it, unfortunately.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Dancindiva03, do you need glasses??

Dee

hey hey, remember it's a matter of opinion. It's these types of comments that got me ticked off with some Kwanfans in the first place. Now it's Sasha? If you don't find her "exquisite", you're somewhat stupid or "need glasses" or something? Please!

I normally don't feel anything from her but her Olympic FS was different. It's like she suddenly came alive after losing those two jumps. But whatever- I digress.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
hey hey, remember it's a matter of opinion. It's these types of comments that got me ticked off with some Kwanfans in the first place. Now it's Sasha? If you don't find her "exquisite", you're somewhat stupid or "need glasses" or something? Please!

I normally don't feel anything from her but her Olympic FS was different. It's like she suddenly came alive after losing those two jumps. But whatever- I digress.
:laugh: :laugh: Good one Red Dog. I was just asking a question???

Dee

cutiepatutie said:
Why does the link get me the top hed about Sasha but the subhed and article only about a basketball game?

I thought I was watching figure skating, but I guess there were 10 women, two hoops, and a ball I missed. I've already got glasses; guess it's time to get a new prescription, lol.

Rgirl

Joe--Ilia vs. Elvis? I don't think even Canadians argue Stojko over Kulik! J/K;) Now Kilimkin, he's an Ilia unto himself!

Rgirl said:
Why does the link get me the top hed about Sasha but the subhed and article only about a basketball game?
That's show biz. Hot today, forgot tomorrow. Click on it now -- it's golf! :laugh:

flying camel

Medalist
kyla2 said:

I have to agree with you. I have already watched Sasha's program a couple of times. I just forward past the falls. I have not watched Shizuka's program. Shizuka was technically precise but boring. I feel sad when I watch her skate. It seems like she has been through a lot of pain in life and it shows on her face. I almost want to cry watching her. The performance to her skating is just not there. But I was glad she won over Irinia.