Which areas is Evan Lysacek overscored in? | Golden Skate

Which areas is Evan Lysacek overscored in?

Areas Evan Lysacek is overscored in?

• jump value(not having cheated jumps downgraded)

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • jump GOE

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • spin levels(difficulty levels given to his spins)

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • spin GOE

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • footwork

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • skating skills

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • interpretation

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • performance

• transitions

• choreography

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Since there was a thread made about which PC areas Slutskaya is overscored in I thought it would be interesting to start a thread with areas Evan Lysacek, currently the most overscored mens skater in the World, especialy with Plushenko likely retired, is overscored in. You can pick multiple ones, this is a multiple option poll.

harmonie

Rinkside
:rofl:
Actually Evan is underscored, not overscored.
He should have won the Olympic free skate.
Try to get real, please.

Last edited:
This question presupposes that Evan is overscored, which is a double barrel question, I believe. A better title would have been 'Are Evan's Scores Overscored?'

The replies could be:

a) None of his scores were overscored. there is no reason for him to be overscored.

b) his _______was overscored. he needs work on that element.

c) all of his scores were overscored. there is a conspiracy.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Actually I inserted "no areas" and it did not go through. I think I forgot the final confirmation button after it or something. If a mod wants to add that they can.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm with Joe on this... I think he might possibly get over scored at certain events... MAYBE... but I think he's a great skater, interprets music very well, and deserves what he's won so far and so much more!:rock:

Vash01

Medalist
I have seen similar polls about Irina and Plushenko. I feel the same way about those too.

Vash

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I did not vote, because Lysacek is not being overscored in any area, in my opinion.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Vash01 said:
I have seen similar polls about Irina and Plushenko. I feel the same way about those too.

Vash

Irina is certainly not overscored one iota. :biggrin: She cant be compared to Plushenko though in that regard. Irina NEVER is given a 20-point cushion or more over her chief competitors to start with, before any mistakes are made.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Irina was being given a considerable lead margin in the SP early in the season. Certainly, she was the class of the field in many of those situations, but I personally don't agree with 8s in PCS for Irina. She has matured considerably over the years, but to me she is still sloppy and unfinished at times. The only instance where I felt 8s were warranted was her 05 Worlds LP. She put her heart into that performance and it came through so clearly.
As for Evan.....hmmmmm. At times I think he is slightly overscored, but honestly, if you look at the whole picture and take into account everyone's scores vs. performances at these particular competitions, I think you'll find that he ends up where he belongs and isn't gifted a position. In the Olympic LP, he skated a solid program and was 2nd in TES and 5th in PCS. I think that is exactly where he belonged. Plushenko, Buttle, Lambiel, and Weir all soundly out-scored him in terms of PCS. At Worlds, he once again skated a solid LP and was third in TES and 5th in PCS. Again, I feel that is exactly where he belonged. Lambiel, Joubert, Sandhu, and Weir all out-scored him in terms of PCS. I see nothing to be all that troubled about. Evan is placing where he should in my opinion and he is doing so without being grossly overscored. Now, if you want to talk about a team that consistently has received incredibly generous PCS scores.....I would have to say T&M. They are good....but they aren't 8.30 PCS skaters, IMO.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Evan should be getting about a 7.0 average on PCS scores. He should be nowhere near any of Buttle, Weir, or Lambiel. He is far too close to them IMO in his inflated PCS scores. Weir and Lambiel did not soundly outscore him in PCS in the Olympics as you say, Weir was only 1 point ahead, and Lambiel only 2, that is far too close for him to be. His spins are overscored clearly, there is no way he has better spins than Buttle or Lambiel for example, he actually gets the highest spin scores of any man at many events. Many of his jumps are cheated enough to be downgraded but arent, and none of his jumps deserve a +2 on GOE either.

I agree most of his PLACEMENTS are right, but that does not mean his marks are deserved.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Weir was only 1 point ahead

One point in PCS in the new judging system is actually quite substantial. Lets look at the top five PCS scores from Worlds and the Olympics:

OLYMPICS
SS TR PE CH IN TOTAL
Plushenko 8.46 7.75 8.39 8.18 8.43 82.42
Buttle 7.79 7.75 7.82 7.89 8.00 78.50
Lambiel 7.75 7.39 7.54 7.64 7.82 76.89
Weir 7.75 7.25 7.50 7.57 7.61 75.36
Lysacek 7.50 7.14 7.50 7.46 7.57 74.34

WORLDS
SS TR PE CH IN TOTAL
Lambiel 7.79 7.68 7.82 7.79 7.86 77.88
Joubert 7.68 7.46 7.71 7.64 7.75 76.48
Sandhu 7.46 7.43 7.64 7.68 7.64 75.70
Buttle 7.54 7.46 7.46 7.57 7.57 75.20
Lysacek 7.29 7.00 7.46 7.29 7.46 73.00

I really don't see where he is getting extremely generous scores. He is performing almost to his uptmost potential. Weir, Sandhu, Buttle, and Lambiel (to some degree....w/ the exception of Worlds) all made mistakes and didn't deliver their best performances. So, these scores tell me a stellar Evan still can't yet compete with a number of skaters in terms of PCS...even when they are no where near their best.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KerryFan - seriously? I always thought that was one of his strongest points... even when he skates really poorly he still emotes and sells the program... he's drawn me in for 2 years no matter how bad the skate... :)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I agree his performance level is very good, the areas of "performance" and "skating skills" were the only two I did not vote for him being overmarked in.
I believe he is overmarked in each of the other 8 areas, and grossly overmarked in spins, jump value, interpretation, transitions, and choreography. The ironic thing is "skating skills" was the area he got the most votes of being overmarked.