Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

PCS also has to do with overall presentation and performance, including musicality, flow, transitions, choreography, and the ability to interpret the character of the music. Perhaps the US Junior girls are just more outwardly expressive than the other skaters and pay more attention to the fine details.
PCS is a throwback to the 6.0 system, especially Skating Skills because it's total subjective and never discussed when fans get together. for me, it's anybody's opinion is as good as the judges.

btw. Did you notice that JudgeNo. 4 from link above gave every top skater in the 4's and others in the 3's. Most judges gave 5's. Is that our friend Yuri? And what makes him an expert on skating skills?

btw. Did you notice that JudgeNo. 4 from link above gave every top skater in the 4's and others in the 3's. Most judges gave 5's. Is that our friend Yuri? And what makes him an expert on skating skills?
Very interesting. At least she (judge number four) was consistent in her scores. Maybe she had uniformly higher standards than the rest of the panel.

No, it wasn't our friend. :laugh: Here is the list of judges.

http://www.isufs.org/results/jgprsa2008/SEG003OF.HTM

Medusa said:
Since when have Skating Skills something to do with jumps?
Well, I am never surprised to see a correlation between the program component scores and success in the technical elements. To me, it seems natural that a skater needs strong edges, effortless acceleration, etc., to do the hard tricks well.

Conversely, when a skater falls awkwardly, that detracts also from the choreography, interpretation and presentation.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judge #4 is from RSA - her name is Fiona Margaret Rivett.

The skaters she liked best were Rumi Suizu and Alexe Gilles--they got mostly 5s. The skater (of the top 12) she really didn't like was Evgenia Pochufarova. She got all 3s!

I think she's just a stingy marker, but she was quite consistent. Ms. Rivett gave some of the RSA girls 3s and 2s. OTOH, Russian and US judges tend to overmark. Maybe judges' frames of reference are colored by the caliber of the skaters in their home countries.