No starting orders? | Golden Skate

No starting orders?

antmanb

Record Breaker
The ISU site still lists the generic list of competitors (which still include Van Der Perren and Shultheiss in the men's and i'm sure they're out with injury).

Anyone have a link to the starting orders?

Ant

nadster

Final Flight
There are no more draws in senior GP events.

The starting order of all events for the first segment of all competitions is determined by ISU ranking. The one with the lowest ISU ranking skates first and the one with the highest ISU ranking skates last.

Skate order of later segments is the reverse order of the placement of the skaters in the earlier segment(s).

So if we get all the ISU rankings of all the skaters we will know the start order for the first part of the competition.

Any industrious souls willing to do this?

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Okay, here we go, men's start order

Ian Martinez
Igor Macypura
Shawn Sawyer
Alexander Uspenski
Adrian Schultheiss
Takahito Kozuka
Kevin Reynolds
Adam Rippon
Evan Lysacek
Johnny Weir

Oddly enough, due to his high amount of B competitions, had Kevin made the competition he would have skated last!

Other three will be done shortly.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
As of October 23rd ;)

Johnny Weir Ranked 6th 2836 pts.
Evan Lysacek Ranked 7th 2808 pts.
Adam Rippon Ranked 21st 1565 pts.
Kevin Reynolds Ranked 23rd 1456 pts.
Takahiko Kozuka Ranked 24th 1419 pts.
Adrian Schultheiss Ranked 25th 1397 pts.
Alexander Uspenski Ranked 37th 981 pts.
Shawn Sawyer Ranked 45th 913 pts.
Igor Macypura Ranked 49th 865 pts.
Ian Martinez Ranked 86th 444 pts.

Source :
http://www.isufs.org/ws/wsmen.htm

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Ladies starting order:

Yan Liu
Annette Dytrt
Tugba Karademir
Mira Leung
Racheal Flatt
Susanna Pokyio
Valentina Marchei
Mirai Nagasu
Kimmie Meissner
Yukari Nakano
Miki Ando
Yu-Na Kim

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Pairs starting order:

Caitlin Yankowskas-John Coughlin
Meagan Duhamel-Craig Buntin
Adeline Canac-Maximin Coia
Yue Zhang-Lei Wang
Rena Inoue-John Baldwin, jr
Keuna McLaughlin-Rockne Brubaker
Maria Mukhortova-Maxim Trankov
Aliona Savchenko-Robin Szolkowy

Sackie

Medalist
In some ways I can see why they are trying this but in other ways it doesn't seem right! D/B are seeded in the pairs yet they have to skate quite early because they are new and didn't compete much last year. Alot of the Euro skaters are ranked higher becuase they have more comps that they can go to this time of year and rack up points! Oh well time will tell if it works or not! I know that the COP is suppose to not make as big a difference as to when you skate mark wise but we know that the judges do sometimes give higher PCS marks to the later skaters.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Ice Dance starting order:

Jane Summersett-Todd Gilles
Ekaterina Rubleva-Ivan Shefer
Allie Hann-McCurdy-Micheal Coreno
Katherine Copely-Deividas Stagniunas
Pernelle Carron-Mathieu Jost
Emily Sameulson-Evan Bates
Sinead Kerr-John Kerr
Tanith Belbin-Benjamin Agosto
Isabelle Delobel-Olivier Scheonfelder

Buttercup

Record Breaker
D/B are seeded in the pairs yet they have to skate quite early because they are new and didn't compete much last year. A lot of the Euro skaters are ranked higher becuase they have more comps that they can go to this time of year and rack up points!
D/B are a new pair and will have the opportunity to move up this season. There are only three European pairs ahead of them in the event, one skating right after them and two that should be ahead.

Also, aren't senior B events open to all skaters? Whether it's D/B's choice or that of their federation, they could have skated in early season events (those that still include pairs), and if they didn't, the other skaters are not to blame. Now, if events that are only open to some skaters affect the standings and seeding (say, The Winter Universiade), that's a different matter.

Last edited:

nadster

Final Flight
Also, aren't senior B events open to all skaters? Whether it's D/B's choice or that of their federation, they could have skated in early season events (those that still include pairs), and if they didn't, the other skaters are not to blame. Now, if events that are only open to some skaters affect the standings and seeding (say, The Winter Universiade), that's a different matter.

Duhamel/Buntin did do Nebelhorn last year. Skate Canada always has used Nebelhorn for as a skateoff for the 3rd Skate Canada spot among those promising Canadian skaters who aren't high enough on any season best lists and/or lack a high enough ISU rankings for GP slots.

Okay, here we go, men's start order

Ian Martinez
Igor Macypura
Shawn Sawyer
Alexander Uspenski
Adrian Schultheiss
Takahito Kozuka
Kevin Reynolds
Adam Rippon
Evan Lysacek
Johnny Weir

Oddly enough, due to his high amount of B competitions, had Kevin made the competition he would have skated last!

Other three will be done shortly.
Thanks MsIzzy - I thinkSchultheiss has scratched too. BTW, Don't anyone pooh pooh Martinez. he's better than you think.

lcd

Match Penalty
Ugh... I can't stand this "ranked" starting order... it seems to only blatantly acknowledge that the judges should bear in mind the "importance" of skate order in placement. Just really rubs me the wrong way. I can see groups, but then a random draw. Is it better theater? maybe... but for a competitive sport, I'd rather see less overt "seeding"