Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP

beep_beep

Medalist
Z/Z were better at CoC. Still they should be shooting into the lead...

67 ! Oh bit high....

Last edited:

outofafrica

Rinkside
I think the score's generally high for this competition... V/M with two big falls still has 58, and Z/Z with a so-so performance with a fall has 67..

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Morozov does their choreography, I believe.
I think Ingo did their choreo this year.

Not a single clean skate in the pairs! Yikes. Z/Z were good but not that good. I must say he seemed into the program while she looked to be going through the motions. Strange.

lmarie086

Medalist
I think Ingo did their choreo this year.

Not a single clean skate in the pairs! Yikes. Z/Z were good but not that good. I must say he seemed into the program while she looked to be going through the motions. Strange.

I'd say the same. He seems to be the more expressive one at times, but I thought she was livelier at CoC. Today she seemed on and off; sometimes attempting to be expressive and other times not. I do think their score was too high, as they were for many of the teams IMO.

gold12345

Medalist
I think the score's generally high for this competition... V/M with two big falls still has 58, and Z/Z with a so-so performance with a fall has 67..

Ugh. I don't think anyone should be scoring a 67 with a fall, or a 58 with two falls. Oh well.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
The scores of all these pairs at this competition were inflated. V/M had a near clean performance at CoC, their score was under 60, today with 2 falls, they were roughly the same. Z/Z had a 100% perfect performance at CoC, and they only got 67. Today they got a stepout on 3S, and a strange fall, they still got 67.

Dan Zhang said in K&C that she was caught in a rut, therefore the strange fall. The ice surface must have some glitches today.

beep_beep

Medalist
The scores of all these pairs at this competition were inflated. V/M had a near clean performance at CoC, their score was under 60, today with 2 falls, they were roughly the same. Z/Z had a 100% perfect performance at CoC, and they only got 67. Today they got a stepout on 3S, and a strange fall, they still got 67.

Dan Zhang said in K&C that she was caught in a rut, therefore the strange fall. The ice surface must have some glitches today.
Oh, she fell ? Stupid freezing daum... off to change my post

enlight78

Medalist
She didn't fall on an element. She fell during a transition. They only lost one pt.The step out on the 3s lost about 1pt. 67 is maybe a 1 point too high at most.The UKR and russians lost about 8pts do to their mistakes. The russians high of 65-8 is 57. All the score might be 1pt too high but that is not much.

At COC z/z got low level on their spiral sequence and their triple twist was a lot cleaner here that at COC

Last edited by a moderator:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
At COC z/z got low level on their spiral sequence and their triple twist was a lot cleaner here that at COC

That's why this point system sucks. A nicely clean program got penalized because of so-called low levels. A flawed program can score big points because of so-called high levels. The contrast between Kimmie & Kostner was another example of such atrocity.

Btw, I don't think Z/Z's triple twist at CoC was worse than today.

gold12345

Medalist
That's why this point system sucks. A nicely clean program got penalized because of so-called low levels. A flawed program can score big points because of so-called high levels. The contrast between Kimmie & Kostner was another example of such atrocity.

Btw, I don't think Z/Z's triple twist at CoC was worse than today.

I want them to get rid of the levels and the super slow mo and just judge the frickin skating.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I am going to ask all the skate people here...how do Zhang and Zhang's score compare to S/S scores? It looks like they are the top teams to beat. I am wondering if Zhang/Zhang can beat S/S?

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I am going to ask all the skate people here...how do Zhang and Zhang's score compare to S/S scores? It looks like they are the top teams to beat. I am wondering if Zhang/Zhang can beat S/S?

Zhangs can definitely beat S&S in SP. S&S scored a perfect program at TEB and they scored 68 pts, their PCS scores are also very close around 30. Remember Zhangs beat S&S at 08 worlds by almost 3 pts in SP.

I don't think Zhangs can beat S&S in LP if both skate clean. If both are flawed, all those CoP craziness will come into play.

missysays

On the Ice
It's a shame because up until then, it was perfect and absolutely gorgeous. That freak fall really unsettled them. They are the most unique and promising team that I've seen in ages (probably since Savchenko/Szolkowy made their debut). SKATE GODS, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Natalia Pavlova is doing an amazing job with her junior pairs teams!

Word. :thumbsup:

I completely agree with you. This team's choreography was pretty awesome- the intertwined spiral positions for once was something that got the levels and looked interesting. I also really liked the entrance into the pair spin where he used her sit spin momentum to propel himself into the spin. Just really creative and innovative-- ten times better then anything Moskvina could come up with. Even with the falls, I sat up and took notice- they were pretty awesome. I hope they continue to have opportunities to compete.

gold12345

Medalist
V/M's score was just ludicrous. I know they were scoring high here, but they shouldn't have. Not only were there two major crashes, but the second crash where she had some trouble getting up disrupted the flow of the program. This stuff should matter more.