Men's LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

jennylovskt

Medalist
Having been reading all the critics about Johnny Weir's LP, I actually think he did good job. Almost nothing new in his choreography, but he expressed well and held on his jumps until the last couple of them.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I'm at a loss, then. It didn't look like a Nichol program to me,......

I agree that Nobu's programs did not look like Nichol's programs. They looked more dramatic. It is interesting that he had a program from a previous choreographer and now working with another choreographer who has a very different style than hers to polish it up. I wonder if Morozov's input is making a difference in impression. If I were a chorepgraher, I would feel a bit difficult to work on someone else's programs.
I also heard someone commenting that Mao's SP did not look like Nichol's program. It indeed looks more dramatic, possibly because of TAT input???
Or it may be just that Nichol happens to have made more dramatic programs for them. I do not know.
I basically like Nobu's new programs here. Hope he skates to their potential.

^^^

I believe the difference between 2 respected choreographers really depends on the performer. Kwan worked very well with Lori but coudl she work well with Morozov. Of course,we will never know but she did do his footwork and it may have tipped the scales on her winning 2003 Worlds. Then again, she was special - a natural musical skater.

I think Oda working with Morozov would be a stretch, but he is a performer and he might rise to that macho approach. Hopefully we get to see something like that - not necessarily for competitive business but for variety. He did perform a wonderful Caravadossi (Tosca) by Morozov.

I reiterate: A choreographer gives a skater an outine. The skater should make something of it.