Video: Shen Zhao training for Vancouver | Golden Skate

Video: Shen Zhao training for Vancouver

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh no, are you sure? I thought they retired.

LeCygne

Final Flight
They do look really good! She says that everything's gone pretty smoothly so far and that it hasn't been as hard as they initially thought it would be. Bin Yao says the same. Wow, but each night they have to do about two hours of therapy because old nagging injuries eventually find their way back.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well here is hoping they have the best of luck. IMO, I kind of want them to win the gold. I think that they are far superior than Savchenko and Szolkowy.

I like S/S but S/Z can cast a spell over you with there programs where at times with S/S there programs seem kind of bland although I did really like there "Lost In Space" SP

FYI, this was posted and discussed a couple days ago in another thread. S/Z already got lots of love for it! :clap:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
They look amazing. I can't wait to see thier new programs. I see Olympic Gold in thier future. :love:

gold12345

Medalist
You know it's the offseason when barely a minute's worth (not even) of training footage of S/Z already has people handing them the Olympic gold. :laugh:

S/S are going to outdo them technically, and they of course have more recent experience getting through competition seasons in one piece, so I think S/Z's road to Olympic gold will be a little tougher than we imagine. We'll see though as the season progresses. I'm not sure who I would rather see win yet.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
You know it's the offseason when barely a minute's worth (not even) of training footage of S/Z already has people handing them the Olympic gold. :laugh:

S/S are going to outdo them technically, and they of course have more recent experience getting through competition seasons in one piece, so I think S/Z's road to Olympic gold will be a little tougher than we imagine. We'll see though as the season progresses. I'm not sure who I would rather see win yet.

Right. But just the possibility to have these two pairs in the same competition :rock:

feraina

Record Breaker
I translated the video in another thread, and I'll repost here, since it's more on topic.

I cut out some of the cheesier fluff bits.

It has been two months since S/Z have announced their comeback, let's take a look at their current conditions...

Accompanied by the romantic Adagio music, they are enacting their own love story. Stroking, throw jumps, lifts, spinning, it is hard for non-professionals to discern that they haven't competed for more than two years. Even the element that had worried coach Yao Bin, namely Zhao's solo jump, has a very high success rate right now...

Shen: Mmm, we feel pretty good right now. We concentrated on jumps for a month, and now last month we have been putting together the music, so far everything is going pretty smoothly. Also, it (the comeback) didn't turn out to be as difficult as we had thought it would be. It's going okay.

Yao Bin: Not bad, not bad. It's going better than expected. Over the last two years, we haven't really had a chance to see their technical abilities. They were performing abroad, but performing and competing are like two parallel tracks, although the same technique... So far, we feel pretty positive. The main thing is that they have confidence, self-confidence. They are doing the very best with their physical conditions.

After years of training and injuries, Shen and Zhao's aching, aging bodies need almost two hours of physical therapy/massages every evening after training. One challenge they face is how to avoid injuries.

Zhao: Later on, we'll probably re-encountered some old little injuries and sicknesses, like ankle this, ankle that...

There are still seven months left, whether S/Z can fulfill their Olympic dream is still an unknown, but we will not forget or ignore their effort and hard work.