Country
United-States
Johnny Weir SP
Daisuke Takahashi LP
Akiko Suzuki LP
Virtue/Moir FD

N

n_halifax

But.... this means Jeremy and Nobunari are 2 (internationally) most popular male skaters on this board, does it not? Would have never guessed!

What I can't help but notice is just how disinterested people seem to be in Plushenko... there doesn't seem to be a lot of bigtime Evgeni fans here...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
What I can't help but notice is just how disinterested people seem to be in Plushenko... there doesn't seem to be a lot of bigtime Evgeni fans here...

It's not quantity, it's quality that matters. The amount of devotion expressed by Zhenya's fans on this board easily compensates for the modest number of them.;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The thing is that we're measuring the skates themselves (aka, the programs), not the skaters.

Plushenko has a lot of fans here. His technical prowess on the jumps, his speed, his command of the ice and his confidence have their fans (and how could they not? How can he rip off those 4-3s as if they were nothing? You'd think physics would defy him if not biology). But the construction of his programs means that while he might be memorable, they themselves aren't. The same is true for someone like Lysacek, who had seven mentions total (this is up to my tallied post, so after that doesn't count. I'll update it after Euros).

Yu-Na Kim, who has boatloads of fans thanks to her superb quality, owns the list because the team of Orser and Wilson know how to create memorable programs for her.

LoveFS4ever

Spectator
Johnny Weir SP
Oda LP - Chaplin
Rochette - LP : this is my best pick:thumbsup:
Yuna SP
Mao LP
Savchenko/Szolkowy - LP
Virtue/Moir - FD

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Both of Kozuka's programs are favorites of mine this year as well.

That guy is so underrated.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
V/M- FD is spectacular
Patrick's SP. It's the same one as last year, but it's still one of the best men's SP I've ever seen
Joannie's SP
Shen/Zhao- LP&SP. I'm so glad they're back.
S/S-LP
Jeremy Abbott- SP. I absolutely adore this program.
Takahashi- SP&LP. Especially the Short
Jeremy Ten's SP. He needs to work on getting comfortable with it, but the program itself is very good.
Adam Rippon- SP

Buttercup

Record Breaker
With the caveat that there are quite a few programs I've yet to see (esp. LPs), and in no particular order:

• Jeremy Abbott - SP. CoP done right, he should be getting much higher PCS than he has been.
  • Adam Rippon - SP. It's very good.
  • Brian Joubert - LP. DenStavs look to have been a smart choice, and I just hope Brian gets it right when it matters.
  • Tomas Verner - SP. Very entertaining.
  • Yu-Na Kim - SP. It's such a great program and really stands out.
  • Elene Gedevanishvilli - SP. She won't win any medals, but this program really suits her.
  • Shen/Zhao - SP. I strongly dislike their LP, though. They deserve better.
  • Savchenko/Szolkowy - LP. Hopefully Aliona will be feeling better soon and we'll see a great performance from them at Olys.
  • Mukhortova/Trankov - SP; as was the case last season, it's much better than the LP.
  • Volosozhar/Morozov - LP. But the focus has to be on Tatiana, because she's the one who makes it work.
  • The Kerrs' OD - what can I say, it's a glorified EX number but sooooo fun.
  • Virtue/Moir - OD & FD. I know the consensus is that the OD is their weakness this season, but I like it. And the FD is stunning.
Two lower ranked teams who have good programs IMO are Canac/Coia (SP) and Blanc/Bouquet with their voidy FD.

Can I do worst programs, too? Because what's been done to Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates is just a travesty :no:.

Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones (FRA)
OD: Irish Dance
Are you serious? It's one of the most generic ODs I've seen this season.

berrycute

On the Ice
Are you serious? It's one of the most generic ODs I've seen this season.

Well look what the strive to be non-generic did for Domnina and Shabalin! One hot mess of a OD!

My favorite OD for this season is def. Virtue and Moir (muy picante!), although I am very much looking forward to a can-can from Delobel and Schoenfelder!

babyalligator

On the Ice
adam rippon's SP
jeremy abbott's LP
daisuke takahashi's LP
yuna kim's LP
joannie rochette's LP
xue shen and hongbo zhao's LP
tessa virtue and scott moir's FD

futureidol

On the Ice
MEN
Johnny Weir's SP (hopefully when his FS improves I can include it as well)
Daisuke Takahashi's SP & FS
Nobunari Oda's FS
Adam Rippon's SP
Florent Amodio's FS
Ryan Bradley's FS (only when done clean)

LADIES
Alissa Czisny SP
Mirai Nagasu SP
Mao Asada SP & excellent EX
Ashley Wagner FS
Miki Ando FS

ICE DANCE
Davis & White OD & FD
Kerr & Kerr FD

PAIRS
Savchenko & Szolkowy FS

I only chose the ones that really impressed me emotionally and were the most memorable to me. Although I have been awed by some technical achievements from skaters and teams I didn't name, i.e. Shen & Zhao (I'd put their EX up there for sure!).

Last edited:

reynycpr

On the Ice
Ladies:

Czisny SP
Wagner SP
Nagasu SP
Zhang SP
Leonova SP
---
Czisny LP (even though it is also from last season, but still love compared to others)
Asada LP
Nakano LP

hongligl

Final Flight
S/Z's SP! and LP
P/T LP and SP if the costume not so busy
S/S new LP
D/D's LP

Yu-Na's SP and LP
Joannie's LP and SP
Mao's EX!

Jemery Abbot's LP

D/W's OD and FD
V/M's OD and FD, but the skirts are too long and too boring

champs

Final Flight
In terms of junior ladies, I really love Anna Ovcharova's SP. She has such great musicality and presence for a 13 year old and her jumps are really strong too :love:. What a cutie! I can't wait until she's on the senior grand prix circuit. Plus I worry about her losing her jumps less than Polina Shelepen, who has weird technique and shaky landings and is extremely thin. I bet Polina will end up getting really tall in the next few years and struggle with her triples.

I agree with the first part, I really enjoyed her SP at JGPF!

Bennett

Record Breaker
Ladies

Akiko's LP (by far the most favorite!)

Yuna's SP! It's fab.
Re: her LP, I liked her last season's LP and 2006 LP better. Miss Saigon and this one are a bit boring to me.

Mao's SP and LP are not a cup of my tea. Chopin Nocturne is still my most favorite program of hers. I don't understand why she barely chooses to skate to the Major tone. But this season, she has such a slump that I'd be happy as long as she lands jumps.

Miki's SP is nice although I find her expressions a bit too dramatic for Mozart. I liked her Sheherazade and Geisha SPs the best. Her LP is nice in the beginning and then gets a bit boring towards the end. Perhaps it is too slow and repetitious?

Joannnie's programs. They seem great programs, but I haven't really had a chance to see her showcase them yet. Hope she does that at the Oly.

Laura's SP and LP. They are fab. Great performer, too!

Men

Dai's both programs. I like him skating to those programs. I think that he has more delicate, sophisticated choreos than his Morosov era. I appreciate his artistry even more after not seeing him for a season.

Nobu's LP. I think that his LP has a great potential in that it matches his character so much. It has great choreos. But I feel that he is too stiff lately and doesn't really sell his program. His SP still needs some polish. I feel that he was a better performer when he skated to a jazzy SP made by David Wilson.

Joubert's LP. It was great!