2023-2024 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 South Korean Figure Skating

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Hi guys, I wanted to watch this morning but it seems like the stream cuts off all the top girls and goes straight to award ceremony? Is there anywhere else I can watch?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
NT reserve team women should be this: Hwang Jeongyul, Ko Nayeon, Lee Hyorin, Han Heesue, Choi Dabin, Kim Seoyoung, Park Eunbi, Jang Harin, Kim Jiyu

But the math might be off and KSU might give me a surprise so no guarantees here

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
A tiny thing that I wanted to mention: KSU is sending 4 skaters (Kim Yesung, Kim Jiyu, Jang Harin, Park Inkyong) to a short term training camp in Canada soon, I don't know to which team in Canada but hopefully someplace that'll do good for our skaters.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Some lovely bit of fluff: Minchae got a new FS choreographed by my darling squirtle Eunsoo!!! I am kinda sad because Brahms was great and I kinda wanted her to keep it but I hope my darling squirtle did a good job with Minchae and La terre vue du ciel (the music)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
My darling squirtle Eunsoo is being quite the prolific choreographer this season, skaters who have gotten choreo from her so far:

- Minchae, FS (La terre vue du ciel)
- Chaeyeon, EX (L'Amour, Les Baguettes, Paris) (song by Korean singer Stella Jang)
- Seoyeong (Wi), EX (Hallelujah)
- Eun, SP (Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha)

And a skater whose name I'm not familiar with (Ryu Hyorin), who I assume to be a novice coached by coach Choi, also got a FS from her. I will forever miss my darling squirtle on the ice but I am happy that she's still making use of her talents in figure skating

fehervari

On the Ice
actually, what about Min Yura, the "athlete role model" of the ISU? has she completely fallen out of favor with KSU?

brakes

On the Ice
Can you teach a skater arms like Jia's? :love:
I don't think so, either you possess that innate grace or you don't.

Reactions: ana

Daniel1998

Final Flight
After the results of these Junior Worlds (huge congrats to Minkyu and Jia), does Korea have 2 spots at all 7 JGP events next season?

I'm wondering if they even have the men to be filling these spots up, if Hyungyeom is turning senior.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
According to her blog, Yelim is keeping both programs for next season. She likes them both a lot and feels she wasn't able to perform them the way she wanted this season. She is working with David Wilson and Sandra Bezic on making refinements to the choreography.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to her blog, Yelim is keeping both programs for next season. She likes them both a lot and feels she wasn't able to perform them the way she wanted this season. She is working with David Wilson and Sandra Bezic on making refinements to the choreography.
I'm happy for this, I like both her programs.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm wondering if they even have the men to be filling these spots up, if Hyungyeom is turning senior.
Whether Hyungyeom goes full senior or not will depend on senior GP assignments, if he gets a GP (or two) he will move up, otherwise he's doing another mixed season. Even if he gets a senior GP there's still Juheon (last junior season), Minkyu, Jaekeun, and Habin, plus Donghan (who will almost certainly get his 7th level before JGP selections) so that's at least 5 junior eligible men. If some of the 6th level boys like Jaewook or Yesung or Taehwan (or with a miracle, Aaron) manages to get a 3-3 and their 7th level in time we will have enough men to use all 14 tickets.

zebobes

Final Flight
Whether Hyungyeom goes full senior or not will depend on senior GP assignments, if he gets a GP (or two) he will move up, otherwise he's doing another mixed season. Even if he gets a senior GP there's still Juheon (last junior season), Minkyu, Jaekeun, and Habin, plus Donghan (who will almost certainly get his 7th level before JGP selections) so that's at least 5 junior eligible men. If some of the 6th level boys like Jaewook or Yesung or Taehwan (or with a miracle, Aaron) manages to get a 3-3 and their 7th level in time we will have enough men to use all 14 tickets.

Last year, didn't the KSU return some of their junior men slots? I don't know if I am misremembering, but it felt like they wanted their men to compete for the slots, and they didn't use as many slots as were available to them.