Yuna Kim | Page 274 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

yyyskate

Record Breaker
OMG, OMG!!!:eeking::sad21:

Also, guys I realized this ATS show will perhaps be the retirement show of some of the figure skating all time greats, legends!!!

David Wilson, Looking at you!!!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
welp

TSL tweeted that Yuna is in Canada for choreography
https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/986804350340288512

:dance2:

Holy Mothballs!! Unbelievable!!! Tears... and big shock emoticons!!!

OMG, OMG!!!:eeking::sad21:

Also, guys I realized this ATS show will perhaps be the retirement figure skating all time greats, legends!!!

David Wilson, Looking at you!!!!

It will be quite nice to skate along with some of her all time favourite skaters - at least one last time!!! :)

stiffapples

Spectator
please help me..... im desperate.... do any of you know where i can watch yuna's another challenge documentary with english subs? i tried using the youtube link provided but it looks like IOC blocked it on copyright grounds.... please..... my crops are dying

Izabela

On the Ice
please help me..... im desperate.... do any of you know where i can watch yuna's another challenge documentary with english subs? i tried using the youtube link provided but it looks like IOC blocked it on copyright grounds.... please..... my crops are dying

As far as I know only The Lark Ascending documentary had an english subs. Also been trying to find one for the Thank you Yuna doc to no avail :cry:

stiffapples

Spectator
Yu-Na Kim

As far as I know only The Lark Ascending documentary had an english subs. Also been trying to find one for the Thank you Yuna doc to no avail :cry:

oh do you have a link to the thank you yuna doc? without eng subs? i havent seen that one before

axon

Rinkside
Because it was mentioned here, I went and re-watched A Lark Ascending and every time Yuna cried or struggled, I cried :sad46: So brave, so resilient, so talented, and yet so humble. She will always be the Queen. Forgive me, I'm feeling emotional...she is a giant of the sport. :luv17:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Given how they used to curb the GOEs by 30% after Vancouver to reign in Yuna's scoring. The fact they have increased the GOEs to +5 -5 this year made me lol because it gives GOE more scope to grow.

Vancouver
+3 GOE =3.0 Max

Post Vancouver
+ 3 GOE = 2.1 Max (30% reduction)

Post Sochi (After her retirement)
+5 GOE = 3.5 Max (0.5 higher than pre Vancouver x that by all the elements)
If she is to come back, she'd be pretty competitive even without the loop

I don't think she will return to competitive ice, but to say she'd be still pretty competitive today.

Izabela

On the Ice
LOL was it Kurt Browning who said that under whatever judging system, be it the 6.0 or CoP or any other, Yuna would still win?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
LOL was it Kurt Browning who said that under whatever judging system, be it the 6.0 or CoP or any other, Yuna would still win?

Need an astrix: Depends on who is in charge of the rule changes, how often they tweak the rules, and if the competition is in Russia.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
so, if you could build Yuna’s program for ATS what music would you choose? What elements would be part of your choreography? I think there has to be a Yuna spin, a spiral, a ina bauer or at least a spread eagle and a 2A if she can still do it, a triple is way too much to ask. Of course it could be a program a la 2013 All of Me, just Yuna dancing around with some spins, that’d be great too! Of course I think we can all agree David Wilson wouldn’t want to repeat himself so I’m hoping he will come up with an original choreography even if Yuna’s abilities are just basic(compared to before). What do you guys think?

PS.: I’m trying to pass the time while we wait for the actual performance, I’m so excited!!!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
i would think No jump pure dance choreo like Fever and All of me.

Yes! I think that is the best!
So she did jazzy, she did sexy, now she should do what?
I read somewhere she wants to perform on this show to thank the people who supported Peyonchang Olympics, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they chose some Korean music. I don’t think they’ll repeat Homage to Korea or do K-Pop though.

Izabela

On the Ice
I’ve been looking at Yuna’s legs since we got the info to see if she has the muscles to at least make jumps, but it turns out I’m not a good judge on that...:slink:

I wouldn’t mind if she skates without jumps. I don’t want her to skate to a K-Pop song tbh :laugh: but would be pleasantly surprised if she makes another Korean-centered program. I think it depends on what she is capable of at the moment. I think the fact we’re so used to her not repeating a program and having shown variety that we can’t really tell what she would do. Whatever it is, I’m pretty sure her musicality will save the day :biggrin:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I think the fact we’re so used to her not repeating a program and having shown variety that we can’t really tell what she would do. Whatever it is, I’m pretty sure her musicality will save the day :grin:

My thoughts exactly!!!

Revisiting her first ever worlds performances, because why not? :yes2:

(Current system. Spirals regarded as ChSq in LP)

El Tango de Roxanne, W07
3F-3T +2.5/+1.75 So this was the first ever glance into a perfect 3F-3T on a Worlds stage, I think? Settled down after completing all rotations in the air. 11.35
FSSp3 +1.5/+0.75 Could be a little more fine-tuned to the music, but nice positions, speed, centering. 3.35
3Lz +2/+1.4 Is there anything that needs to be said? Well, she landed it on beat, too. 8.00
StSq3 +2/+1 It's so annoying I can mark this only as level "3" when it's so much better than 90% of the level 4 ones we see today. So much fire, practically all the nuances captured (except for a few at the beginning, right before she did those twizzles). 4.30
LSp4 +2/+1 She accelerated in her sideways position, to emphasise the music. 3.70
2A +1.5/0.75 Not yet at the "I'll exit using a deep outside edge and hold it for 3 years" stage, but that's just nitpicking. 4.38
CCoSp4 +1.5/0.75 Could be more fine tuned, but mostly done to the music. 4.25

TES: 39.33

SS: 8.00 Can't go higher because she trips a little after her fan spiral (and her edging during the spirals isn't always secure), but what a show!
TR: 8.25 See how she does her flying back sit after her back-catchfoot spiral after practically no set-up? Yeah, don't tell me transitions can't be done un-annoyingly.
PE: 9.00 "What a feel she has!" -- BESP uncles.
CO: 9.25 The more I watch this, the more nuances I see. Practically everything made sense in its placement with the music. That 3Lz wasn't there just for the backloading bonus.
IN: 9.25 Practically all nuances captured. Just wish the spins were a little more fine-tuned as stated, and she had captured the music a little better through her skating in the time between her sit-spin and the 3Lz.

PCS: 35.0 (Permanent lol at this getting 30.46 from the judges, when they give out 38s for the stuff we see today)

TSS: 74.33

This is my favourite SP of hers. Only Mao surpassed it in W14.

The Lark Ascending, W07
3F-3T +3/+2.1 This just somehow looks better. That 3F looked higher, and the flowing edge out of that 3T is incredible. 11.7
2A-3T +1.5/1.05 Well done. 8.65
LSp3 +1/0.5 Not that amazing, but well done. 2.9
2A +1.5/+0.75 And she already improved upon my criticism in a single night. :p 4.05
CSp4: +1/0.5 Nice spin, inoffensive to the music, but nothing amazing, I'd say. 3.1
StSq3: +1.5/0.75 Wish she'd used her arms a little better towards the end, but well done. 4.05
3Lz(fall) -3/-2.1 4.5
FSp4 +1.5/+0.75 Nice interpretation. 3.75
3Lz+SEQ(fall) -3/-2.1 3.18
3S+2T -1/-0.7 5.57 :sad21:
ChSq1 +2/+1.4 Don't care about how non-stretched-out that spiral is. Beautiful, beautiful interpretation and performance. 3.40
2A +1.5/0.75 Nicely done. 4.38
CCoSp4 +2/+1 Beautiful. 4.50

TES: 63.83 - 2 = 61.83 (how was this in the mid 50s???)

SS: 8.00 No insecure edging here, as far as I could tell, but the falls take away from the general sense of fluidity, as she loses something after her falls and takes time to recover.
TR: 7.50 Still beautiful, program's full of them, but the falls take away from the general sense of fluidity, as falls take away from the way her program meshes. Sometimes the build into a few jumps is long, too.
PE: 8.00 Wish I could go higher because she never gave up, and that spiral after all her mishaps is the loveliest moment of all. But the falls do make her take time to recover. It's not too low, because she always slips right back in.
CO: 8.50 This is a beautiful program, with all the elements well arranged. It's maddening that David Wilson can choreograph this for her, and then also her Miss Saigon, Scheherezade, and Adios Nonino. :palmf:
IN: 9.00 Would be very close to 10 if not for the falls. This is an even stronger showcase of her musicality, where every single thing was in character, and to the music. The spiral after her mishaps to the swell of the music actually adds so much to the performance.

PCS: 65.6

TSS: 127.43

...Am I being biased? What is up with those judges' scores? I guess I could knock the CO/IN a little (more -- those might just be 10 worthy if clean, really), but that would still put this into the 120s.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
i would think No jump pure dance choreo like Fever and All of me.

YES ANOTHER FEVER... and ALL OF ME! We think alike :) Yuna's musicality is unsurpassed

Although I want a new program!!! She has never repeated a program (El Tango was for show to show her appreciation to the fans), which makes her a total treasure...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am going through a weird Jessie J phase since she just won Singer in China, that was watched by 1 billion people.

how about Bang Bang with Yuna, Tessa and Kaetlyn Osmond? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDdjwpPM3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRtr8if3I4 (Asia flavour with Coco Lee + KZ)

Domino or Flashlight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJtB55MaoD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzwkcbTQ7ZE

Complement with a contemporary Classical, or orchestral piece with no lyrics, showcase her musicality. lol... i am soo greedy!

In between shows...during intrim just for the lyrics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTOFEgJ9zzI

(For bonus, This is the best cover of purple rain out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4z2B6asBm8 I am hoping some day Hanyu get to skate in her show, as a Yuna son hahahkekeke....)

One more... Reflection from Mulan, Yuna's old exhibition.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMF0oX9SSNw