Who all is burried in ash? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who all is burried in ash?

skatingfantasy

Rinkside
So sorry to hear about everyone who lives so close to the fires having to deal with this problem. Those pictures were horrible. I was just wondering, if one has homeowners insurance and fire insurance and they lose their home to fire, are the insurance companies pretty good at paying the homeowners back?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It depends on the policy. Everyone I know who lost a home has had to shell out his/her own money up front for essentials and wait for the check from insurance. I helped a family get a rental today, and they had to bring a BIG FAT CASHIER'S CHECK to the signing of the rental agreement. I have no idea when they will be reimbursed. In the meantime, they need to rent furniture, buy basics for kitchen, bathroom and, of course, clothing and toiletries. In the meantime, they are still responsible for their mortgage AND property taxes, which are currently due! The bank doesn't care that there is no longer a house on the property!

Many of the Valley Center victims had NO INSURANCE. I hope FEMA will step in with assistance.

Our school district is trying to mobilize to assist victims. We know of seven families who lost homes. The total number of Scripps Ranch homes lost is 343. Unbelievably, I personally know six of those families--and it is horrific. Yes, I did see the picture in the North County Times... I saved it actually. I want to look at it whenever I get an urge to feel sorry for myself for whatever...
:cry:

Lcp88

On the Ice
YIKES! Good luck everybody. BTW, did you hear that Lake Arrowhead, home of Ice Castle and MK, also had to be evacuated? Hope everything works out okay there...
Laura

kzarah

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu
On the Ice
Well, I stepped out my door this morning and said I wish it would rain. Just then, it did. It didn't rain much and it lasted only a few minutes but, I willed it to rain. Your welcome.
It looks like the fires are being contained. Either the smell of smoke is clearing out of the air or I am getting use to it. I can't help thinking that there are people out there saying, "I have nothing but the cloths on my back." And I know I'm a freak but I also can't help but think about all the scared little animals out there. At least as people we know what fire is. A lot of these little creatures have never seen fire.
Daniel and Little Lulu
I would also like to add that Jay Leno is not funny. I never watch the show but I turned it on just to see if he had the gall to make jokes about the fires. He did. He is an ass.
D & LL