What are your favorite and hated moves in figure skating? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What are your favorite and hated moves in figure skating?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Excuse my lack of skating terminology!

Favourites:
"Flying" 3 Axel
A nice step sequence (electric or soft) without too much curving-blade-work
The spin position that looks like a diagonal pearl-drop held with one hand
YuNa's 3-3's (teehee)

Least liked:
Fan spiral (it's always looked kind of stupid to me :frown2:)
The spin position with the leg held up in front of the face, a common finishing move
--neither of these moves look graceful at all!

What's a fan spiral? Is that the one where the skater sort of sticks their rear out and leans to one side and lifts their leg up? If so, not one of my favorites either.

I think the second one you are trying to describe is the I-spin. As I've said, for me Sasha is the only one who I think pulls it off.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

prettykeys

Medalist
What's a fan spiral? Is that the one where the skater sort of sticks their rear out and leans to one side and lifts their leg up? If so, not one of my favorites either.
LOL Yes! What is that supposed to be???

I think the second one you are trying to describe is the I-spin. As I've said, for me Sasha is the only one who I think pulls it off.
Sasha's version is the least unattractive, I guess. :laugh:

prettykeys

Medalist
I posted it in the post before yours. :p
I mean I know what it physically looks like...but...what is it supposed to convey or paint a picture of? LOL It just reminds me of a dog getting ready to pee. :biggrin:

I know this speaks volumes about my immaturity...

Layfan

Record Breaker
I mean I know what it physically looks like...but...what is it supposed to convey or paint a picture of? LOL It just reminds me of a dog getting ready to pee. :biggrin:

I know this speaks volumes about my immaturity...

:chorus::rofl::laugh:

I always feel more like I'm getting mooned.