What Figure Skater Should Taylor Swift Date? | Golden Skate

What Figure Skater Should Taylor Swift Date?

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Time for a fun thought exercise.

I’ve been watching the NBC telecast of the Jets/Chiefs game for a couple hours now, and I’ve lost count of the many attempts to promote/profit off, the alleged relationship between Taylor Swift and a Chiefs player. Various statistics have been bandied about how many tickets, jerseys, what have you, have been sold as a result of this alleged connection. So, I can’t help wondering—

When Taylor Swift does move on, what if she were choose a figure skater as her next conquest? Think what THAT could mean for our favorite sport!

So here’s my question. What current skater do you think might be a good candidate?

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As long as she keeps her hands off my man she can date who she wants.:rofl: Seriously, I don't know..it would increase viewership, but no one would ever be able to get a ticket to anything ever again.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ain't no "alleged" about it, as far as I know. ;) I think the NFL is smart, smart, smart, smart to plug the heck out of this, good for them.

USFS did also plug Gracie's hang-outs with Taylor back in the day, as I recall.

If Taylor does break up with Trav, I'll be sad as a Kelce Brothers fan, but if a figure skater decided to make a play (hahaha see what I did there) like Trav did, than I sure as heck hope USFS takes advantage of it too. :)

icewhite

Record Breaker
For marketing reasons? Junhwan.
Although I think she and Loena could form a glamorous couple with lots of eye catching photos and her dating one of the Taschlers might massively improve their programs.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS did also plug Gracie's hang-outs with Taylor back in the day, as I recall.

If Taylor does break up with Trav, I'll be sad as a Kelce Brothers fan, but if a figure skater decided to make a play (hahaha see what I did there) like Trav did, than I sure as heck hope USFS takes advantage of it too. :)
Taylor posted Gracie's short at Worlds 2016 and I think probably millions of people watched it.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Was trying to stay out of this thread but couldn't help myself. First of all - she's either 5'10" or 5'11" which eliminate 99% of the male figure skaters who would probably just about come up to her chin.

Out......
You worried about height. I thought first about age. She's 33, and few figure skaters are anywhere near that old. Once you consider height, age, and level of success (only the best for TS) there aren't many possibilities. Also, with her track record she needs someone who is dating her strictly for the publicity. All things considered, I wouldn't wish it on my least-favorite skater!

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
You worried about height. I thought first about age. She's 33, and few figure skaters are anywhere near that old. Once you consider height, age, and level of success (only the best for TS) there aren't many possibilities. Also, with her track record she needs someone who is dating her strictly for the publicity.
Johnny Weir. Think of the headlines! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't think either Travis Kelce OR Taylor Swift needs more publicity. They are both superstars in their own right in their profession. The media is out of control - as usual.

Just popping in to say that I had never heard tell of Travis Kelce until @el henry started a thread about a film about him just over a week ago.

And I only went into the thread because when I saw the title I assumed it was a foreign language film, and was intrigued to find out what language it was in (my first thought was Turkish), and what the title meant in English.

Before this week, he was a complete unknown over here. Apart, perhaps, to those that are into his sport. (And there aren't many that are. As I know nothing about American Football or it's players, I don't know if he would have been a recognisable name to fans of the sport over here). But, the publicity from being linked with Taylor has suddenly catapulted him from a nobody to somebody that is being talked about.

So, in that respect, he did need the publicity.

CaroLiza_fan

noskates

Record Breaker
First of all - the film El was referring to was about his brother - Jason Kelce. I would be curious to know how many American football players are actually well-known outside of this country. I believe - especially at this point in time - Ireland is the top seed in the Rugby World Cup, but I couldn't possibly name one single player on that roster. But I can name Niall Horan, Michael Flatley, Sinead O'Connor and other celebrities who hailed from Ireland. I honestly don't think you can compare sports to concert performers as it's more country-centric. I know that anybody who follows pro football in the US definitely knows who Travis Kelce is but many of them (as evidenced by posts on social media) couldn't name one song that Taylor sings. Travis is also in quite a plethora oF commercials and has many sponsors. I'm including State Farm and Nike among others. His celebrity star is quite bright - especially after winning his second Super Bowl. I do think that anyone who presumes these two are together for publicity is living just uninformed.

Last edited: