Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

aurora100

Final Flight
Wow don't know how D/D got season's best with that performance. What's going on? They did much better at Nationals and got lower? Is this event being over marked? And I am a Canadian.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
The costumes for D/D? Could they be any less special? I agree, they look like off the rack Gap. Whoever is making artistic/presentation decisions for this fine team is not working hard enough. To saddle these two fine atheletes with the heavy drudgery of Requiem for a Dream SP has some taste issues.

evangeline

Record Breaker
☆Genie;466743 said:
121? seems somewhat inflated.

Somewhat? I would say definitely inflated. Personally, I would've placed D/D behind M/T, and probably not much above V/M. But I suppose we should be grateful that the judges didn't inflate their scores enough to pass Z/Z.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Wow don't know how D/D got season's best with that performance. What's going on? They did much better at Nationals and got lower? Is this event being over marked? And I am a Canadian.

National events don't count. So of the three events, they had an error filled TEB, an error filled SC, and this. And scores go higher as the season progresses, regardless of actual progress (it seems).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Somewhat? I would say definitely inflated. Personally, I would've placed D/D behind M/T, and probably not much above V/M. But I suppose we should be grateful that the judges didn't inflate their scores enough to pass Z/Z.

Yeah, I'm startled that M/T didn't pass them. And it's not like M/T are a great couple. The scoring tonight... well, it hasn't been great.

gold12345

Medalist

They got a season's best because EVERYONE is getting a season's best. The scores are about to go through the roof for the top couple of pairs, I imagine.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I thought Dube/Davison were egregiously overscored in the SP. But not so much in the long program. D/D is the first pair in the last few flights to display any sort of musical feel and nuance. They did have a lower LP score than M/T, and M/T made mistakes, too. They also have lower TES and PCS than M/T, and I actually think they deserve higher PCS than M/T. It is entirely D/D's crazy SP score that is keeping them where they are now.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I thought Dube/Davison were egregiously overscored in the SP. But not so much in the long program. D/D is the first pair in the last few flights to display any sort of musical feel and nuance. They did have a lower LP score than M/T, and M/T made mistakes, too. They also have lower TES and PCS than M/T, and I actually think they deserve higher PCS than M/T. It is entirely D/D's crazy SP score that is keeping them where they are now.

I love how contrary you can be (but in a good way :D)

evangeline

Record Breaker
I CANNOT believe that the final group in figure skating is getting shafted in favour of watching some Team Canada hockey practice. ARGHHHHH

magicalwords

On the Ice
Ridiculous judging even in the Olympics, if this continues throughout all events then I kinda wish FS to be kicked off the Olympics. This kind of judging goes against the Olympic spirit (no matter how much remains these days), and it's such a shame that teams are getting robbed just because of home advantage/whatever.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
I love how contrary you can be (but in a good way :D)

I'm honestly not being contrary in this particular instance. I enjoyed D/D's skate on an emotional level more than any other performance tonight, save maybe Mark and Evora. I can see why D/D's TES should suffer from the splats and the bobble on the SBS spins. But looking at the protocols, it's clear even with the mistakes, which got the necessary deductions, their TES was still competitive. And with a decent PCS, which I think they not only deserved, but deserved higher, they were marked right.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Ridiculous judging even in the Olympics, if this continues throughout all events then I kinda wish FS to be kicked off the Olympics. This kind of judging goes against the Olympic spirit (no matter how much remains these days), and it's such a shame that teams are getting robbed just because of home advantage/whatever.

What are you talking about? Can you please explain your frustration?

Kinga

Medalist
Find me a score tonight that isn't inflated - especially from the last five or six teams.

I think V/M were not overscored.

One general positive thing about pairs skaitng - sbs spins became ok to watch - most pairs must have worked very hard on unision.

And the nbc judge game is GREAT!!!