Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skate

Moxie

On the Ice
Intersting fun fact! But at least they didn't wear black for both the SP and LP!

OT: At least while I wait to get the feed back for Tatz and Stans, I get to watch the medal ceremony for the Men's Moguls!

Extra good, plus plus points for the omission of feathers, snakes and weird bendy tubes. ;)

gold12345

Medalist
That's a very big score for E/L considering the mistakes. I'm thinking S/Z, S/S, and K/S are going to be breaking some scoring records tonight.

Back to the Americans for a second.. The judges looked quite a bit more favorably at E/L than D/B in this free skate, even though both teams had a couple mistakes each. At what point do the U.S. judges catch on that D/B have a ton of work to do in terms of polish and skating skills? They just lost by a lot to a team that up until this point, hadn't been well received internationally either.

Anyway, I'm starting to get nervous for all the top teams coming up. I hope the judging is fair and that it's not a splatfest!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Not bad, huh?

And he ALMOST landed it.

And how they did the thr and that lift with the music hightlights, nice!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
David Peletier announced that he (Morosov) was retiring so that she (Volosozhar) could find another partner to medal (presumably because she can't with him, which I think is a fair assessment. He's extremely strong, though).

mhu714

On the Ice
Damn NBC stopped showing the flight after E&L. The Russian pair had neg EOA's for their throws and at least one jump but they still scored higher than D&B, who had their 3 toe downgraded. It looked ok on TV, so which of them messed it up?

ARipp42014

Medalist
Finally, BBC put skating back. Italians are on! Oh boy it's "The Mission". Aliona & Robin (and Matt Savioe) owns The Mission!

Kinga

Medalist
Wow, Tatiana is sooooooooooo spot on with everything..And her death spiral position is so much better than Aliona's.
Good skate from Morozov. Only one jump messed up (3T). I am not sure whether he doubled the 3S though

ARipp42014

Medalist
Bad start, strong finish for the Italians! I kinda underestimated them after watching the short. This might go ahead of Amanda & Mark.

As for Tatz, I hope she gets an amazing partner next season. Any guy would love to have her as their partner.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Whomever paired Della Monca and Kocon has an unusual sense of humour. They're practically the same size, so those lifts are just terrifying.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Penultimate flight is on! Too bad I'm gonna miss D-square since I'm driving to work.

1) Tatz & Stats
2) Amanda & Mark
3) Baby Russians

Last edited:

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
Next to last warmup group on the ice; rather noisy, both Canadian pairs are in the group. Given how high the marks are ... this could be an interesting couple of flights coming up ... let's hope for judging that doesn't make the skaters AND the commentators very obviously go "hmmm...." and squirm uncomfortably.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
That's a very big score for E/L considering the mistakes. I'm thinking S/Z, S/S, and K/S are going to be breaking some scoring records tonight.

!

That's what I first thought too. Im very happy for E/L they've outdone themselves, but if that kind of long program is getting 114 points. The final flight teams will be getting 140+ at worst.