2010 Grand Prix Assignments | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2010 Grand Prix Assignments

Sylvia

Record Breaker
In fact, 3 Novice pair teams from 2009 US Nationals competed in a JGP last season and returned to Novice for 2010 Nationals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Slightly off topic, but are the only test available in the States those to complete? Or is there also a testing stream for those who are not interested in competing at a high level?

There are also the ISI series of tests in the US. ISI is a separate organization from USFS.

http://www.skateisi.com/site/sub.cfm?content=testing_requirements

They have levels one through 10.

Freestyle 10 is actually harder than the USFS senior gold medal

2A2T combination
3Lp or 3S (skater's choice)
Death drop
Four alternativing axels in a row or your choice of 3T, 3F, or 3Lz
Double jump to the right and double jump to the left (i.e clockwise and counterclockwise) or your choice of 3t2Lp, 3F2Lp or 3Ltz2Lp
Three Arabian cartwheels in a row or three butterflies in a row
Creative dance step sequence.

Rohene Ward passed ISI 10, AFAIR.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
June 11-12 are the dates I've heard for the Grand Prix selection meeting in Barcelona, right before the ISU Congress there.

I can't wait for the selection!! :) I'm chomping at the bit, waiting to see who gets what. Thankfully I am going on vacation so time will pass quicker :)

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Thank you for the info on the American system. I always just assumed it was more or less the same as in Canada.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
"Rohene Ward passed ISI 10, AFAIR. "

Rohene is the most amazing skater. I miss seeing him at our rink in Mpls; I heard he moved to Chicago. That man is such an artist -- as well as an athlete...the ability to turn in both directions. And that spiral! Unbelievable.

Because this topic is ISU GP Assignments so I am attempting to tie your question to the thread. Not everyone here is in the US, so to say that testing is required to skate Junior is not necessarily true for this topic, it only applies to US Nationals since people who were previously competing Nationally in the US as Novices can be sent to JGP events and could even potentially skate at US Nationals as a Novice again if they do not test (this is a very unlikely scenario, however)
So,please stop using my post as a spring board by copying it into the Reply. You can start a new Reply without it. When you use my post, it looks as though I am a fool, and do not know the system.

Doris - Are Arabian Cartwheels permitted nowadays. I haven't seen one except for Kulic in exhibition. It is a very difficult trick!

sorcerer

Final Flight
June 11-12 are the dates I've heard for the Grand Prix selection meeting in Barcelona, right before the ISU Congress there.

So it's now getting very close.
Are we sure Yuna will join the GP series? .. I havn't followed the news lately.
What about Joannie, Evan, Plush and Johnny?
Was it that the federations are now responsible for assuring ISU who's joining and who's not?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I thought Johnny and Stephane said no more competing, and Plushenko just went back on training after germany hospital, wont compete also, at least for next season.

seniorita

Record Breaker
ha. ha. ha :rolleye:

I thought he said he would skate until Sochi for sure? Hospital? what happened?
Well you never know with Plush, but I doubt that right now. I cant find a link but I m sure I read this for next season.
About surgery, he did sth like surgery on both knees - meniscus in Munich right after KOI shows ended. I think it was scheduled after the season would end, he stayed there for 2 weeks in May. The Hundai korean show was the first time i saw him on ice and he didnt look well jump-wise.

here he talks ab forthcoming surgery between other things
-What do you plan to do next?
- Thruthfully, I would like to continue skating as long as possible. Making me and my fans happy. How long that'll last, I don't know. Later, it's possible I'll become a coach. Time will tell. Right now I want to rest for a bit and take care of myself. More precisely, my injury. I have damaged my cruciate ligament. Therefore, I'll finish skating "Kings on Ice" and go to Munich and surrender to the mercy of their doctors. They have real magicians working there. It's not the first time I've dealt with them and I know what kind of miracles they are capable of. They'll tune me up and fix me where I need to be tunedup and fixed.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Final Flight
From what I have heard, the current status is the following.

All national Fedrations whose skaters qualified for guaranteed events (1 or 2) are requested to inform the ISU about: 1) who of their qualified skaters will compete in the SGP next season and who will not compete (retired, split, misses the season, etc) and 2) who will stay in Juniors and who will move to seniors.

The Federations are supposed to send this information to the ISU by mid May. After that the lists will be cleaned and will include only those who will compete in SGP (now the lists include everybody who qualified e.g. belbin/Agosto, Domnina/Shabalin, etc but it's the responsibility of the National Federation to officially announce who retired, split, etc).....

If the USFSA has really done this, then it should mean that Evan and Johnny will compete in the GPs, no?
Will the skaters' ponderings to the very last minute end today? The selection seems to be tomorrow.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
here he talks ab forthcoming surgery between other things

Well, I'm glad he's putting his health at a priority. He seems to push his body so much, it's good to hear he's going to rest and just "heal" for a little bit.

gkelly

Record Breaker
I expect that at least some skaters will keep their options open by accepting GP assignments now and then withdraw during the summer or fall after they decide not to compete any more.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I always thought Plushenko might keep in shape and train but not compete until the actual olympic season for Sochi because he wouldn't want to injure himself at Euros 2011 or 2012 and not be able to compete in Sochi.