Michelle working with new coach/ LA Times article | Golden Skate

Michelle working with new coach/ LA Times article

It's interesting that she is going to work on the 3x3 jumps. Why she didn't really think of that before the last Olys is beyond me. I guess this guy knows his jumps, Sasha Abt does has nice jumps and both he and MK are the lyrical flow type skaters. I would like to see at least one 3x3 at the Nats even if she misses. At least she'll be trying. I'm sure she will be held up anyway.

As for Williams, he not only made her solid, he got her spinning so much better. If she could, I think it would be advantages to keep both coaches.

Of course, it's nice to have her around for the 2006 and 2010.:)

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joe ... I don't really think that the 3/3 for this years Nationals is very important. In fact, I would prefer she not try it unless she's having success with it in practice.
I believe Michelle has worked this thing perfectly. She has paced herself the past two seasons (and still won Nats and Worlds!) ... so as not to burn herself out ... now she has two seasons to intensify her training leading up to Turino. And to me, has lost almost nothing to the rest of the field.
I loved her work with Scott, and my guess is she will still have some input from him.
This is so exciting ... I haven't heard this kind of fire from her in awhile and it certainly will make the next few years very interesting!

Bynx

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
It's interesting that she is going to work on the 3x3 jumps. Why she didn't really think of that before the last Olys is beyond me.

Actually she did!
She was working on the 3L/3l during the fall of 01' with Rafael..
She was doing them quite well in the practices at Skate America and Skate Canada. She then simply settled for the 3L/2l for the rest of the season after a failed attempt at Skate Canada.
Now, that she is working with him again and has been with Chris Johnson for about a year or over a year to strengthen her core it wouldn't surprise me if she picks this combination up again.