2011-2012 Program Stuff | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Program Stuff

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
By the way, I don't remember ever seeing a pair skate to Tosca. Does anyone know if it was ever used in pair skating. I know ice dancers have used it.

E Lucevan Le stelle was once used by Watson/Oppegaard

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
E Lucevan Le stelle was once used by Watson/Oppegaard

they did indeed, but only as part of a "medely" with other selections of music. There was no attempt to convey to story or even the emotion of the music.

If you were unable to find it yet Olympia, here is Susanna R. ad Petri K, with their "La Strada" their first world medal in Chiba 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KopcVIyZe_w

Their interpretation and expression is a stand out, and back those days the lifts were not mandatory, only highlights, so younger fans might be unaware so do not get surprised as they are not as difficult hnor intricate.
Nonetheless, the lifts were beautifully blended into the choreo. This team imo, was undermarked for most of their careers.

Belated thanks for locating and posting this! I can't wait to get home and watch it at leisure. I certainly agree with you that they were undermarked for most of their careers. I think the risks they took in their interpretation probably did something to lower their marks, but they clearly thought it was worth the sacrifice to skate in an utterly individual style. I know I'm not the only one who's glad they did it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those two put Finland on the map in skating. I'm so glad they finally won Europeans and medaled in Worlds. They were a breath of fresh air in ice dancing, and what a great little actress she was as well as being a splendid skater.

npa

Match Penalty
Belated thanks for locating and posting this! I can't wait to get home and watch it at leisure. I certainly agree with you that they were undermarked for most of their careers. I think the risks they took in their interpretation probably did something to lower their marks, but they clearly thought it was worth the sacrifice to skate in an utterly individual style. I know I'm not the only one who's glad they did it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those two put Finland on the map in skating. I'm so glad they finally won Europeans and medaled in Worlds. They were a breath of fresh air in ice dancing, and what a great little actress she was as well as being a splendid skater.

I remember, Tsaikovskay said during TV translation - R-K could have better place at WCh if they show traditional program on La Strada music

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wouldn't necessarily say that B/L's music is boring. I did like the music they picked last year. I think the problem is that they do not skate very well to that music. I can imagine some other pair skating to The Man In the Iron Mask and skating with power and beauty. When this pair skates, though, they seem really weak. Her lines are pretty but her skating has no spark. She just skates. And Bazarova's jumps are so bad, every time I think she is about to fall down.

By the way, I don't remember ever seeing a pair skate to Tosca. Does anyone know if it was ever used in pair skating. I know ice dancers have used it.

You're totally right about Bazarova.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ralph & Hill
SD Latin Combo
FD is music from "Walking Life Tango"

Gilles & Poirier
SD "Put it in a love song" by Alicia Keyes with Beyonce

Paul & Islam
FD Music from Elton John. The song might be "Tonight"

I've added this to the other thread.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
[SUB]Plush might use Roxanne for SP. Rumors from his camp in Italy.[/SUB]

No official announcements on Plush programs yet.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^i hope it is just rumors then.

Bazarova fixed her jumps a lot the last season though and live they are really awesome to watch, she has perfect posture and i like their chemistry, my only problem with MITIM choice was that i had Yagudin flashbacks whenever i saw them.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mirai is skating to a Tango for her SP and Adagio from Spartacus for the Freeskate.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IN did an interview with the Canton dancers, and V&M's programs are now announced.

The SD will be a remix of their FD:
HipHip ChinChin by Club des Belugas, Temptation by Diana Krall (for the rhumba, and Mujer Latina by Thalia. I'm surprised they are going to stuff all 3 selections into the shorter format.

Their FD is to the 1957 musical Funny Face

Shibutanis
FD soundtrack of the 1941 Sonja Henie film Sun Valley Serenade, including "Chattanooga Choo Choo"

Chock & Bates
FD A jazz version of "Chopin's Prelude in E Minor"

Lichtman & Copely weren't happy with Dark Eyes for their FD, and are changing music.

SD "Mambo Number 5" and "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps."

Tobias & Stagniunas
SD Shakira medley
FD medley of jitter bug, twist and 50's rock n' roll tunes.

cornell08

Final Flight
Shibutanis
FD soundtrack of the 1941 Sonja Henie film Sun Valley Serenade, including "Chattanooga Choo Choo"

Lichtman & Copely weren't happy with Dark Eyes for their FD, and are changing music.

SD "Mambo Number 5" and "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps."

SO glad L/C changed their FD. Not sure Shibs should have chosen such a vanilla piece, and really not branching out from their program last season. Guess they're playing it safe with what works (at least, what worked last season)...hard being a sibling team, but I feel like they should be a bit more audacious.

russell30

Final Flight
Christina Gao

SP - To Love You More performed by Lucia Micarelli
LP - Libertango by Astor Piazzolla - version unknown at this stage

russell30

Final Flight
Have to say the Pairs and Ice Dance teams music choices so far are pretty awful, same old stuff coming out, Historia D'amour, La strada

I blame the choreographers :disapp:

Thanks to Christina for her SP - To love you more by Lucia Micarelli - that has not been used before

Also Mirai's SP to Danzarin by Tango Lorca also not used before

Lets hope they work out and stick with them :biggrin:

russell30

Final Flight
Maybe I will send a letter or e-mail to ISU to introduce some kind of bonus for new music used, seems a good idea and incentive

Within the PCS mark say 1-2% bonus on new creative music/idea/choice

LeCygne

Final Flight
Thanks to Christina for her SP - To love you more by Lucia Micarelli - that has not been used before

It's a violin arrangement of the Celine Dion song, which Sasha Cohen used as an exhibition in 2000. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMbqh5B6sLM I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm usually against all-strings arrangements for skating, but this could be good if the choreography and expression are there.