Holiday eating tips | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Holiday eating tips

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I love baking and cooking, but baking is my favorite (I actually wanted to major in culinary and do baking and pastries). We always bake TONS of Christmas cookies and I'm actually about to mail a package to Keegan Messing and his family with coconut macaroons, home made oreos, and spritz butter cookies (please don't tell them!! shhh, it's a surprise). I am a pretty awesome baker, and I love to make new things, so if you guys have any awesome cookie recipes, I'd love to see them :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh sure send them to your OTHER Alaskan friend... *pouts* :laugh:

I love baking so much more than cooking... will be doing that in the next few days actually... as well as candy making (I just do chocolates, am too afraid to try sugar)

ryanbfan

On the Ice

I love baking so much more than cooking... will be doing that in the next few days actually... as well as candy making (I just do chocolates, am too afraid to try sugar)

Haha!! I have so many packages to mail... Keegan's and to my pen pal in Japan!! You don't want what I'm baking right now anyway... I'm a little sick LOL. I was gonna send them the macaroons I made tonight but I decided to wait since I am a little sick, I don't wanna get in trouble for infecting their household haha!!

I feel like I'm better at baking than cooking, but I love to cook too. I love making different types of pasta :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just don't wait too long... Alaska post gets really bogged down this time of year LOL

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I know haha, I better do both packages this weekend or they're not getting there in time!!

Hey, Tonichelle, if you do chocolates, what need is there to branch out to any other kind of candy?

What kinds of chocolate do you make?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's actually the almond bark, and I do both white and milk "chocolate" (I prefer white). I do suckers mostly... my bff who is a chef does the truffles and bonbons...