Daisuke Takahashi | Page 97 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
A gorgeous tribute to Dai's artistry, musicality, step sequences, layback spins, and just everything that makes him an unique skater, made by LightHair7. His footwork got the first ever level 4 in the history of men's skating at the 2005 NHK Trophy and it's mentioned by the Japanese commentator at the beginning of the video, during his Rachmaninoff step sequence.

It is also a collection of various commentaries (including the famous British ESP ones), put together with a medley of some of his most beautiful programs. Save for the end, the video doesn't have any jumps and this just proves what many people have said, including in this thread, that he is one of the very few skaters that don't need any jumps to create magic.

http://youtu.be/AefCcE5ZoTk

Just watching this, to me it's becoming clearer that from now on there won't be anybody like him in the men's field and that alone is the equivalent of an Olympic gold medal for his entire career.

cdngirl

On the Ice
A gorgeous tribute to Dai's artistry, musicality, step sequences, layback spins, and just everything that makes him an unique skater, made by LightHair7. His footwork got the first ever level 4 in the history of men's skating at the 2005 NHK Trophy and it's mentioned by the Japanese commentator at the beginning of the video, during his Rachmaninoff step sequence.

It is also a collection of various commentaries (including the famous British ESP ones), put together with a medley of some of his most beautiful programs. Save for the end, the video doesn't have any jumps and this just proves what many people have said, including in this thread, that he is one of the very few skaters that don't need any jumps to create magic.

Just watching this, to me it's becoming clearer that from now on there won't be anybody like him in the men's field and that alone is the equivalent of an Olympic gold medal for his entire career.

Thank you for finding this. It is incredible and spellbinding to watch his movements. I agree with everything you said but especially the bolded words. He certainly is an international treasure and one of a kind. I don't think anyone will ever be able to match his skating skills and artistry.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Wonderful video! :love: Passion. pulchritude, and poetry on ice. Thanks as always ionap for sharing such gems. One can readily see (much like you) LightHair7's great love for Daisuke and extensive knowledge about his skating performances in the video cuts and the choice of commentary.

I agree with you and cdngirl that Daisuke is a unique and special talent. Obviously one notices at once his movement, feel for the music, artistic expression, but he's no slouch in the technical department either and can certainly hold his own when uninjured in this quad jump era.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Dai did a surprise appearance at The ICE today! He's been the talk of the internet for the last few hours because he showed up wearing pink shorts and skated on Mambo. He did a dance battle with Charlie White then skated on Kissing You. His 3F and 3Lz were as smooth as always.

Picture of Dai and Mai Asada

No pictures of his pink shorts yet but somebody did a drawing so we know what to expect.

ayarose

On the Ice
Dai did a surprise appearance at The ICE today! He's been the talk of the internet for the last few hours because he showed up wearing pink shorts and skated on Mambo. He did a dance battle with Charlie White then skated on Kissing You. His 3F and 3Lz were as smooth as always.

No pictures of his pink shorts yet but somebody did a drawing so we know what to expect.

Now I wanna see pics or vids of him in his pink ensemble. :popcorn:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

:laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
And the report from those who attended The Ice says that Dai's black shirt underneath was not a T-shirt but A-shirt (tank-top, sleeveless) actually. :biggrin:
But was he wearing an illusion mesh underneath his tank top? :biggrin:

I even saw people saying he dyed his hair red so I think by the time we actually get some pics, others will start saying he was wearing a bra. :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think he looks good in the striped shirt and navy shorts. He changes his look every other day so if you don't like one, just wait a bit...:) I do wish he would shave, though.