Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 91 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope Liza will have a loooooong rest after this season. And I assume the funding to Mishin school will be much better next season right?

Lipea

Final Flight
So it makes 15 competitions in total -wow! Am I correct that Lisa fell only twice - in sp at Bavarian Open and WTT for the whole season (both on 3A) that must be a world record...

Congratulations on the triumphal season and a looong holiday is sure in order! I am probably alone in that I don't care about 3A as much as I should, and that my favourite Lisa's programs this season were at Euros. She was at her best there - confident, free, joy to watch. A 3A though is a massive achievement did take away a lot from her performances. Sure it will work better next season.

Meanwhile here are some nice photos of Lisa put together:

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/snow_leopard/769222.html

Sorry, melissa_ire, let me correct myself: she had 14 competitions total. So 13 after the Russian Cup. But it is nevertheless absolutely AMAZING, and something I haven't heard of. :bow:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, back in ye olde days, they were allowed 3 GPs and also had some cheesefests like Campbell's. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in that era competed a crazy number of times (but even then, I suspect Liza's 14 is a WR).

I would agree with melissa_ire that her Europeans performances were the best of the season (though her best SP was probably Nationals). So free, effortless, and champion-like. Nonetheless, the late-season inclusion of the 3A has already paid off better than I ever expected. That 4-triple SP is going down in the history books, and unlike stuff like "highest ladies' score at Europeans," this one stands forever. She proved at WTT that she can come back after falling on a 3A, and she can handle a first-time 3A LP pretty decently considering her exhaustion.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

No likey.

Well, those ones anyway. Too big for her face. (And I should know - I have been guilty of that in the past as well).

I remember seeing a photo of her wearing a smaller pair about a year ago, and they really suited her.

Now, if only I could find the link...

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the photo I was thinking of, but here is a photo of Liza wearing glasses in 2012, but which she didn't put up on Instagram until January 2014.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
No likey.

Well, those ones anyway. Too big for her face. (And I should know - I have been guilty of that in the past as well).

I remember seeing a photo of her wearing a smaller pair about a year ago, and they really suited her.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the photo I was thinking of, but here is a photo of Liza wearing glasses in 2012, but which she didn't put up on Instagram until January 2014.

CaroLiza_fan

I actually like her with those round glasses. I thought they gave her a more softer look and a modern youthful vibe. :biggrin: Those rectangle glasses though, I am not fond of them on her.

YMMV, I guess :agree:

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No likey.

CaroLiza_fan
Same here. The big round glasses look too much like "Hollywood tries to turn attractive girl into a nerd--just add glasses!" The smaller rectangular ones suit her much better.

John King

Final Flight
Elizaveta must have something going for her when she can play the serious diva in one program, and the playful kitten in the next! And yet, in interviews she comes across as rather shy (and not just in those where she's speaking in English, and being a language self-awareness thing, she's the same way in Russian interviews). Quite a study in contrasts!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I actually like her with those round glasses. I thought they gave her a more softer look and a modern youthful vibe. :biggrin: Those rectangle glasses though, I am not fond of them on her.

YMMV, I guess :agree:

To be honest, neither of those pairs are perfect for her. The rectangular ones are too wide, but at least they don't totally take over her face like the round ones do.

For me a narrower pair the same height as the rectangular ones would be a better size. And maybe with thin metal frames rather than thick plastic. Something like what Maxim Kovtun is wearing in this picture. (Which, incidentally, is practically identical to what I wear!)

By the way, when looking for that photo of Maxim, I made a discovery. You know that photo that sparked this conversation, which Ekaterina Riazanova put up a few days ago. Well, it's an old photo. Because the exact same photo was posted by sisinka on here back in January 2014:

I saw Tukhtamysheva with another glasses

http://i39.tinypic.com/adhkdf.jpg

I also found a comment I had posted, which contained a colour version of the photo of the rectangular glasses, as well as a different photo of Liza wearing the round glasses.

The rectangular glasses are RED???!!! :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

Same here. The big round glasses look too much like "Hollywood tries to turn attractive girl into a nerd--just add glasses!" The smaller rectangular ones suit her much better.

Hadn't thought of that, but you are totally right! That is EXACTLY what it is like! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Moving onto the tattoo conversation.

Liza and Maxim Kovtun at...the tattoo parlor?!! "With the best tattoo artist in Russia"

https://instagram.com/p/16n1bcCBbR/?taken-by=maksim_pavlovich

Think she got something done?

Probably in an area that none of us will ever see.

Ankle, I'm thinking of course. ;)

Behave, you!

And anyway, we all saw her ankles a few months ago, when adelia posted a link to a photo of Liza at the Russian Nationals draw!

(Cannot get over the fact that this thread has mushroomed from 45 pages to 121 pages in the four months since Russian Nationals! WOW!!!! :eek: )

Kovtun posted a photo of some new ink on his back, so maybe she just went with him to hold his hand. :rofl:

Funny, but that was the exact same thought that popped into my head when I saw your post with the photo!

Great minds think alike, eh! ;) :biggrin:

I really hope Liza hasn't got anything done. Why would she want to spoil that perfect body...?

(Goes into daydream)

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I really hope Liza hasn't got anything done. Why would she want to spoil that perfect body...?

(Goes into daydream)

A lot of people like to get tattoos to commemorate special events. Becoming a World Champ could be a reason? :shrug:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, what is Liza doing on Page 2 of the Fan Fest Forum?! :confused:

Gotta bump her up! ;) :biggrin:

Right, we have established that the photo with Ekaterina Riazanova where Liza is wearing the round glassses is an old photo.

HOWEVER, over the past few days, they have both been posting lots of new photos of them together, as they are doing a show in China.

26th April: We are ready to fly!)) see you soon Chinese people 😉 (Liza Instagram)

27th April: Lovely first day in China!!! Walking with my love (Ekaterina Instagram)

27th April: Going out.. ❤️😈 (Ekaterina Instagram)

28th April: With my beautiful Katusha ❤️ (Liza Instagram)

29th April: Just a cute foto☺️❤️ (Liza Instagram)

30th April: With my love and super star!🌼⭐💛❤️💋 (Ekaterina Instagram)

And some group photos (In the case of them both uploading the same photo, the link is to whichever version was uploaded first).

27th April: Finally we are together! Yay... Such a great day with friends... (Ekaterina Instagram)

28th April: Before the practice today 😄 (Liza Instagram)

28th April: Русские в Китае 😋 в процессе с девулями и Денисом Петровым.. 😏😋 (Ekaterina Instagram) (Denis Petrov, Ekaterina Riazanova, Liza Tuktamysheva, Anastasia Martyusheva)

28th April: We had so Tasty chines lunch today 🇨🇳🍜🍲 (Liza Instagram) (Can't be bothered trying to identify everybody. So if anybody can be bothered, answers on a postcard to...)

Finally, some lovely photos of just Liza, from her own Instagram page.

29th April: (No caption)

29th April: Good night and Sweet dreams 💫✨😘

30th April: I with myself from 2010 till 2015 ))

I just LOVE that middle one! She looks so angelic! :love: (And sleepy!)

Both Liza and Ekaterina have other photos up from their trip, of course. But I have just selected these ones to link to on here.

Anastasia has her Instagram set to private, so since I'm not on Instagram, I can't access it. But, she has it linked to her Facebook account, and by the looks of things on there, she has only uploaded one photo anyway. And it is of herself.

CaroLiza_fan