Jason Brown | Page 589 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just watched Jason’s interview at ACI (thank you, katmari!). His sincerity and endearing personality come across in spades. I appreciate his honesty and straightforward answers, e.g., on his transitions to new coaches and a different choreographer and program style — essentially, the difficulties of getting out of his comfort zone—and on his goal of making the world team. I’m really looking forward to seeing and cheering for him live at Skate Canada!

Imov

Medalist
I just followed Jason's instagram and saw a post sayng his dream was doing the best air split/russian split.
Well he is totally doing and living his dream.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ted Barton tweeted that he is going to comment on SC practices while filming. Ted and Jason:luv17:

:yes2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I’m so excited to meet Ted! He had mentioned his plans at ACI, but glad he confirmed it again!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I’m so excited to meet Ted! He had mentioned his plans at ACI, but glad he confirmed it again!

We met him briefly at ACI - he is very nice. Good news that he will comment on practices, as I doubt they are streamed.

Hopefully Mrs P will add her insights, too!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We met him briefly at ACI - he is very nice. Good news that he will comment on practices, as I doubt they are streamed.

Hopefully Mrs P will add her insights, too!

I think they are going to stream them! They did last year. Ted is a streaming video guy.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Guys I just went to Jason’s IG and I think he got hacked by a spam account! [emoji33]

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yikes! Well a lot of people told him, I’m guessing he has to be traveling or something, I find it hard to believe it’s been up this long.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's been hacked since this morning (or at least since I checked)

It's not that easy: have you ever tried to reclaim a social media account? He may have a blue check, for real, but it's not like he's Taylor Swift and if he's trying to fix it, it's Sunday.

Poor Jason:eeking:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He's been hacked since this morning (or at least since I checked)

It's not that easy: have you ever tried to reclaim a social media account? He may have a blue check, for real, but it's not like he's Taylor Swift and if he's trying to fix it, it's Sunday.

Poor Jason:eeking:

Honestly he just has to report it and change his password. The key thing is not to click on any links.

But yeah, what a hassle.

Edited: https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/1051570823138603008?s=21

As always a good sport about it. :) The gif is funny!

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason is handling this with his usual good humor:cool:

But when I was locked out of my Facebook account a few years ago, I had to send them a copy of my drivers license. Of course it was Facebook who thought I wasn’t me;) Considering how many obviously fake accounts for middle aged single retired military men who want to be my friend, (like why me:laugh:), you think it would be easier....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw Jason's tweet on the bus this morning and had to smother a case of the giggles!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has his IG back!

And the dust off my shoulder GIF to announce it is too cute as well:biggrin:

skateflake

On the Ice
Rarely get to see Golden Skate so of course missed the Instagram hack. I swear Jason Brown could find the bright side on the dark side of the moon!

skateflake

On the Ice
Notice to choreographer(s): Could we please see the "problem solved" move (wipe the brow, dust off the shoulder)in a future Jason Brown skating program?

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...follow-jason-brown-grand-prix-series-q-a.aspx
Q&A with Jason. For some reason the sound isn't playing for me :scratch2:
ETA: The audio works on my phone :)

Same for me. It works just fine on my phone but no sound on the computer. The last video he did was posted to youtube by US Figure Skating so hopefully this video will show up there soon.

Jason replied to questions (including some that were posted by JasonFF regulars :hap36:) about his training, his long program, how it was working with David instead of Rohene, etc.