Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships

kikakiks

On the Ice
Whilst all of the above is true, there were also things she was not good at:

She had slightly raised and rounded shoulders, producing a 'turtle neck' effect.

Her lines weren't always fully extended.

Her movement was not executed in time to the music a lot of the time.

Her movement was quite generic. It lacked style and character, appropriate to the music. It wasn't very sharp or staccato (which the music was) and I didn't see any 'Spanish characetr' in it. If the music was off, would you be able to guess what kind of music she was skating to (not judging by the dress)? I don't think so.

Wait for Liptniskaia...they are leaving place for her...

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
look at the other end of the field: McCorkell is last qualified with 39.59, which is an extremely low score to qualify for the best 24 at Euros after the SP.
There were 6 skaters within 1.17 points of her.
Dasa Grm, for example, who fell on her 3T3T, fell on her 3F and Dasa Grm'ed her Axel (that's my new term for popping an Axel), would still only have needed 1.07 points more to qualify. :disapp:
There's going to be a lot of :bang::bang::bang: going on tonight for those ladies.
Cool for Anne-Line, not only to qualify, but even make it to the 2nd warm-up group! :agree:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Whilst all of the above is true, there were also things she was not good at:

She had slightly raised and rounded shoulders, producing a 'turtle neck' effect.

Her lines weren't always fully extended.

Her movement was not executed in time to the music a lot of the time.

Her movement was quite generic. It lacked style and character, appropriate to the music. It wasn't very sharp or staccato (which the music was) and I didn't see any 'Spanish characetr' in it. If the music was off, would you be able to guess what kind of music she was skating to (not judging by the dress)? I don't think so.

That sounds rather nitpicky, don't you think? :sarcasm:

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I think Julia will outscore Caro as well. This is what I expected given Caro's struggle this season and Russia's build-up to Sochi, and this will likely happen again next month.

elif

Medalist
Adelina: Overscored

Carolina: Underscored

-Skating Skills

Carolina: 8,43

Adelina: 8,32

Really?

Whats wrong with her skating skills? She is fast as Carolina. Carolina and Adelina both get 8.07 for transitions which is :rolleye:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya should not score over 30 in PCS. 28-29 at maximum.

But I am afraid this won't happen.....

I think she's earned the right to score a 30 or even 31...but if they get into 32+ then they are out of line.

I think Adelina's PCS were pretty much fair here; the judges lowballed Carolina. She should have scored between 34 and 35 considering she usually gets 68 and 69 in PCS...

Please. Her PCS are ridiculous given all of her shortcomings.

Especially in direct comparison with Kostner, who doesn't do as many crossovers to gain speed and has beautiful posture. Too high.

I really do love Leonova's perk.

Kinga

Medalist
My 2 cents:
Glebova should be in front of Meite and Gede.
Carolina's SP is beautiful, very very promising, but I found it empty at times. I guess its work in progress.

Adelina, a bit frantic here and there. I am not entirely sure whether I am sold on this program. There is something about Adelina's programs that bothers me and I do not know what that is. I wish she got better programs!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good luck to all the girls in this group, but particularly Julia and Valentina!!!

Great shot of Elene there at the end of the warm up! I don't blame her one bit phoning everybody telling them "I did a good skate!!!"

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU WEARING JOSHI???!!!

CaroLiza_fan

mateusp1

On the Ice
Whats wrong with her skating skills? She is fast as Carolina. Carolina and Adelina both get 8.07 for transitions which is :rolleye:

Skating Skills are not only about speed.

Also, Adelina is nowhere fast as Caro.

Carolina has better edges than Adelina. Smoother, deeper.

Carolina also has better blade control.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hello everyone :), I've just back from my classes and I haven't expected that I'll be back just to watch the last group of ladies, my luck...As I see Adelina had quite a performance, hmm...We'll see if this will be enough for Julia

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG!! I fell asleep around the 2nd Zamboni resurfacing!! I've missed so much. Come on Julia!!! I'm so nervous for her. I'm know I'm in the minority but I'd say she tends to get underscored on occasion. Especially on her SP.

Moment

Final Flight
The judges saying a resounding no to CaroK. "Sorry, your chance to an Olympic medal is gone."

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
eta

Alena delivers it so far, at least in tech side...And I just love her jumping technique...Her jumps look so crisp and fast when she does them in a proper way