Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 European Championships

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Really beautiful SP for Valentina. The 3S-3T may have been UR and also a step out on the 2A, but overall it was a lovely performance.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
eta

ok, big challenge time, we'll see...

that was definetly SOMETHING...today I really felt this program, she is born to skate

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh wow, I have always thought clean Adelina beats clean Julia. I am thinking I might actually be wrong. I feel like the judges were leaving room for her PCS wise (rightly or wrongly) and now she has delivered.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
her edge on Lz and F are really borderline... but she got the job done!

tulosai

Record Breaker
her edge on Lz and F are really borderline... but she got the job done!

Yup especially the lutz...

I am glad Adelina is still winning, it makes me feel like there is justice in the world (and I say this as a huge Julia fan).

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Great score for Julia, PCS seem fair.

I think the only person that got screwed here was Carolina in terms of PCS. She should have been first, followed by Adelina and then Julia.

Great skating from the top ladies!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sotnikova's PCS is shameful

Julia underscored in PCS :disagree:
should score in 32+ range

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Great score for Julia, PCS seem fair.

I think the only person that got screwed here was Carolina in terms of PCS. She should have been first, followed by Adelina and then Julia.

Great skating from the top ladies!

I think what gave Adelina an edge is the crowd seemed to really get into her program. Her presentation is definitely more extroverted than Carolina; it reminds me a bit of Kwan. Not that I'm justifying the higher PCS because although Adelina is probably my favorite I do acknowledge Carolina is better. Just saying that the judges are human and can be persuaded by an audience reaction.

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Sotnikova's PCS is shameful

Julia underscored in PCS :disagree:
should score in 32+ range

:laugh: I was wondering when you'd pop your head into this! Aren't you excited to see the results? Headcase Sotnikova skated perfectly! Julia skated perfectly too, a great program...aren't you pleased with the results? Don't they make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? I know you're celebrating just like I am! :yay: