Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 288 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

Dina

Spectator
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum and I love reading your posts. Nessie, thank you for sharing so much about their practice sessions. Have you uploaded that video you took anywhere?

filyaaaa

Spectator
When I watched Kovtun and Kolyada this past Friday that they both practiced hard again and both did their long programs from start to finish and then worked on specific elements. They are very different skaters. Kovtun seems to be calculating and measuring his program, executing it in a technical and intellectual way as he skates. Kolyada seems to be more involved emotionally in his skating, though maybe I am fooled because their programs are so different.

Kolyada’s program is kind of loose, with a few wacky, unusual positions and uncommon music. When he jumps he seems to hang in the air a long time like a creature that belongs in the air. He’s a little more animal-like.

Kovtun seems not to hang in the air as long and is not quite as high off the ice as Kolyada – it’s hard to explain. He’s more machine-like. Kovtun jumps with a kind of dry precision and practices hitting his jumps over and over (sometimes six times in succession) with excellent timing.

I’m not sure either skater “sells” his program as much as he should but maybe it’s only the discipline of ice dance where skaters tend to connect with the audience. After all this isn’t the Ice Capades!

I hope they both skate well – and wish them the best.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Nessie

On the Ice
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum and I love reading your posts. Nessie, thank you for sharing so much about their practice sessions. Have you uploaded that video you took anywhere?

I have not. I've been spending so much time writing notes on this forum that I have to get back to my work! I'll try to do it, but I was pretty far from them when I took the video. But we'll see...... Thanks -- glad to have you "aboard..."!

Sfey

On the Ice
I read on another forum that showing up later to events is not unusual, especially since the pairs don't start until Friday. They probably want to get in as much training time as possible rather than be restricted to the official practice times. Apparently the Canadian teams aren't there yet either.

monwara

Rinkside
I read on another forum that showing up later to events is not unusual, especially since the pairs don't start until Friday. They probably want to get in as much training time as possible rather than be restricted to the official practice times. Apparently the Canadian teams aren't there yet either.

Agree with you, the Canadians are not there as well. They arrived after pairs practice session (from Eric twitter).
The Russian girls arrived Boston already, I saw Tanya likes their pics in Instagram, so the pairs will be next to arrive.

Anyway, Tatiana just posted a photo of the Sun in her IG too, it looks great

Sfey

On the Ice
According to Tanya's Instagram, all the Russian pairs have arrived in Boston! Looks like S/K will be healthy enough to compete. Let's hope for a V/T victory and great skates from S/K and T/M! :cheer::cheer::cheer::

monwara

Rinkside
According to Tanya's Instagram, all the Russian pairs have arrived in Boston! Looks like S/K will be healthy enough to compete. Let's hope for a V/T victory and great skates from S/K and T/M! :cheer::cheer::cheer::
Totally agree with you, I wish V/T will win😁😍. However, I'm glad that they have fun before big day.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to you😄😉

Sfey

On the Ice
Totally agree with you, I wish V/T will win😁😍. However, I'm glad that they have fun before big day.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to you😄😉

Thanks!!

I'm no athlete so I don't know what a good training regime involves, but I imagine it's helpful for them to have a few hours downtime in between practices so they don't start overthinking and psyching themselves out. They've done this plenty of times, they know how to prepare. :)

I hope we get some practice reports between now and the SP.

TatiMax

On the Ice

Something is very strange, it looks like Ksenia is avoiding them or they are avoiding her.

TatiMax

On the Ice
Sorry
They always write #teammozer but all are present sans one so I thought it was strange :)
Never mind
Go Tatiana and Maxim :cheer:
:cheer:

Sfey

On the Ice
The SP draw is up, V/T are skating last in the second to last group. Is this a good draw? I'm sure they will do great regardless.

My anxiety is rising now... This is my first Worlds and I'm not handling the stress well. :p

TatiMax

On the Ice
They need to have season best and go to free with good score this is what they need.
Their short program is good to the crowd all they need excute it well.
:cheer:

TatiMax

On the Ice
The SP draw is up, V/T are skating last in the second to last group. Is this a good draw? I'm sure they will do great regardless.

My anxiety is rising now... This is my first Worlds and I'm not handling the stress well. :p

Not bad or good. Just another draw.