Adian Pitkeev | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Aw. I'm not used to him making statements like that. :cry: He only really needs to forgive himself...it's a learning experience, and he can only go up from here.

And yes - his math abilities are wonderful! His training mate Sergei zayak'd a time or two early in the season, so maybe Eteri drilled it into him not to make the same mistake.

Last edited:

paulusfr

On the Ice
On the morning training Adian perfectly landed all the jumps, including quad toe. It played a cruel trick on him I think. And nerves, responsibility... It's really a shame. I'm sure he'll back much stronger next season.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
On the morning training Adian perfectly landed all the jumps, including quad toe. It played a cruel trick on him I think. And nerves, responsibility... It's really a shame. I'm sure he'll back much stronger next season.

I hope so!!!!!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Eh... Sima looks very fierce while Adian looks very calm.

Yeah, by Adian's standards he looks dangerously close to cracking a smile. ;) He has one of the best stonefaces in Russia, and there's no shortage of competition. :laugh:

borzaya

Final Flight
So sorry for Adian :cry: But this is experience, too, I believe it will make him stronger in future. Good luck to the kid in the next season!

paulusfr

On the Ice
Well, now its time to see the Fed's verdict :p

Honorary President of the FS Federation of Russia, Valentin Piseev.

"Pitkeev is very interesting guy, really promising, but something was wrong in his skate, he fell from beginning quadruple and then couldn't recover and couldn't show his usual skating - Piseev said by phone. - Pitkeev have opportunities/abilities and I think he will be revealed [1] in the near future, at least I would hope his abilites will be used at the full strength. Pitkeev and Petrov are very promising skaters, but unfortunately they not so stable [2]
"The chinese and two japanese impress me, so its evident the competition between the boys is very big. We need to work hard to keep up with the development. Now we should have not only stable quadruple toe loop. The Chinese also has a quad salchow, so we need to make the programs more difficult and stably perform them."

[1] I don't know how it should be correct, it means ~ "to become better in every aspects, become free from problems"
[2] lacks stability

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150308/813049008.html

Last edited:

paulusfr

On the Ice
What is Adian said after his skate (for the mass media):
I was ready - I can do everything. I really wanted (to perform well). I just need to gain experience. We will work.
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150308/812888269.html

CEO of FS Federation of Russia, Alexander Kogan:
"Our boys skated worse than they can. The only thing that I can note is that three athletes (from Russia) could skate in the next year at the JWC. The boys show good skating this season, they have shown good results. They were good in the short program at this World Cup, but not in the FS."
http://fsrussia.ru/news/884-aleksandr-kogan-ni-odin-iz-sopernikov-ne-pochivaet-na-lavrakh.html

The President of the Technical Committee of the ISU, Alexander Lakernik:
Of course, we hoped for a different result in boys. Based on the level of our athletes, they could fight may not be for the first-second places, but for the third. What about Adian Pitkeev - may be higher. Why they couldn't, its not easy to understand. But it is necessary to understand. We see, in the men's competitions, at senior and junior level, the ability to fight. What exactly is lacking Russians.
It is necessary to fight, don't give up. Popping/falling one element, it is necessary to fight for the next one. And in this case age does not matter. Just it's necessary to clearly understand it is necessary not only to make the elements, but also to fight for the skate. The sportsman must do what he can. If a skater does not show it in competition, everything else is meaningless, - explained Lakernik.

http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/883-ale...vnovaniyakh-to-vse-ostalnoe-bessmyslenno.html

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
From what I've seen of Adian in other competitions, he normally is a fighter. So he didn't bring his A-game this time - there isn't one skater out there that hasn't had a bad competition, particularly so early in their career. That includes legends like Yagudin, Plushenko, Joubert, etc. People don't remember them by their bad skates (I mean, who cares that Plushy came in 6th at his first Junior Worlds?), and someday I'm sure this one will be forgotten too.

I think you have to experience failure a time or two, at least, to learn how to avoid it in the future.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
From what I've seen of Adian in other competitions, he normally is a fighter. So he didn't bring his A-game this time - there isn't one skater out there that hasn't had a bad competition, particularly so early in their career. That includes legends like Yagudin, Plushenko, Joubert, etc. People don't remember them by their bad skates (I mean, who cares that Plushy came in 6th at his first Junior Worlds?), and someday I'm sure this one will be forgotten too.

I think you have to experience failure a time or two, at least, to learn how to avoid it in the future.

I agree with you. Adian has great potential and Petrov has too. They will fight, they have two great coaches. They need experiences. I'm sure they will be very good in next season.

paulusfr

On the Ice

They caught him unawares ;) He just survived a shake-up. Take it easy, you want too much from him. He smiling and opening up when he is with friends or just glad because of something.

And yeah, recently at some qualifying russian championship, one fan talked with Eteri. And do you know what she said? He does not smiling because he thinks he is not handsome. You know, for the most of Russian fans it was a shock :biggrin: Because who is handsome, if not he? Of course, he has some problems with his teeth, but it can be solved.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
And yeah, recently at some qualifying russian championship, one fan talked with Eteri. And do you know what she said? He does not smiling because he thinks he is not handsome. You know, for the most of Russian fans it was a shock :biggrin: Because who is handsome, if not he? Of course, he has some problems with his teeth, but it can be solved.

:eek: Wow! I was thinking all weekend that even if this skating thing doesn't work out (heaven forbid), he should become a model. They don't need to smile much. ;) And he's absolutely striking and photogenic.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They caught him unawares ;) He just survived a shake-up. Take it easy, you want too much from him. He smiling and opening up when he is with friends or just glad because of something.

What is Adian thinking?! Of course he is! I'm feeling guilty thinking how attractive he looks cause I'm a legal adult :p

This shows that females aren't the only ones who are self conscious. Because generally the public think that girls are the only ones who worry if they're not pretty enough or they don't think they're pretty at all.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
What is Adian thinking?! Of course he is! I'm feeling guilty thinking how attractive he looks cause I'm a legal adult :p

This shows that females aren't the only ones who are self conscious. Because generally the public think that girls are the only ones who worry if they're not pretty enough or they don't think they're pretty at all.

:laugh: I know the feeling.