Question for you techies out there | Golden Skate

Question for you techies out there

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Does anyone know how I can transfer the digital recordings in my DVR box (similar to tivo) onto my computer as video files?

Any hints would be great.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Hi,

I just asked my bf, who is the biggest dork around. He says this might be difficult because of companies looking out for piracy. You'll probably have to hack your DVR box. The best place to find out about that stuff would be some kind of techie forum...maybe there is one just for you machine. Good luck!

heyang

Record Breaker
I have TiVo. It doesn't have any ports to enable hooking up directly to a computer. However, the TiVo can be hooked up to a VCR/DVD recorder. So you might be able to fake the DVR out by 'recording to VCR' and having your VCR output to the computer.

I bought a DVD recorder which I've managed to hook up to the TiVo and TV. I haven't actually tried recording because I don't have time right now to actually sit and watch the ice skating that I want to off load to a DVD.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Thanks for the help guys, I've been doing some research on the net... looks like it might be more trouble than its worth to get it directly from the dvr onto my computer... but I have had success with playing recordings off the dvr and taping in on a vcr.

So my new question is does anyone knows how to take a regular vhs tape and turn it into digital video media?

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Again, I asked my dork bf. He says you need a tv turner or capture card for your puter.

OT, we have one and I can't wait to use it. Before I just didn't have the space on my hard drive. But my new 120 gb hard drive is on its way. Hurry up UPS! And then I will have so much fun turning my old skating tapes into DVDs and recording skating right onto my computer. Yay!!