2014 Cup of China Practice sessions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Practice sessions?

lbc2138

On the Ice
TV Asahi reports

Hanyu tried the 4S six times, three of them were hand down or rotated falls
so he landed three times successfully?

Hmm, I remember him saying that whenever he has a bad practice for certain jumps he usually lands it during the competition, lets hope it holds through!

And I'm loving Han Yan's new FP, way better than last season's.

I wonder how Kovtun will do, he's always either a full on hit or miss (hopefully the former).

Good for Nam! Pretty good senior debut so far if you ask me.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I saw this on Kovtun's VK page: Some Tweets from Asahi TV's Correspondent. https://twitter.com/figureskate5ch Kovtun is planning 5 quads total in his short and free. He landed 4T twice. He popped His 4S A few Times But Also Landed A few. He Landed A 4S-3T Beautifully. ________________________________________ Translations: Kovtun plans only 5 quads in the short and the long program, he sang -dy 2 4t, 4c several times with a landing, very nice performed 4c-3T!

I'm not really a fan of his, but I'm also extremely curious to see how he will do. He didn't skate at the Russian test skates or any competitions this season, and supposedly he had/has boot issues. Part of me would like to see him do well just because I'm afraid he may be the only chance for a Russian man in the GPF.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports. I am looking forward to seeing what Ricky Dornbush can do here, love his FP.

adelia

Record Breaker
I saw this on Kovtun's VK page: Some Tweets from Asahi TV's Correspondent. https://twitter.com/figureskate5ch Kovtun is planning 5 quads total in his short and free. He landed 4T twice. He popped His 4S A few Times But Also Landed A few. He Landed A 4S-3T Beautifully. ________________________________________ Translations: Kovtun plans only 5 quads in the short and the long program, he sang -dy 2 4t, 4c several times with a landing, very nice performed 4c-3T!

I'm not really a fan of his, but I'm also extremely curious to see how he will do. He didn't skate at the Russian test skates or any competitions this season, and supposedly he had/has boot issues. Part of me would like to see him do well just because I'm afraid he may be the only chance for a Russian man in the GPF.
I don't like him. But I'm quite confident he will finish on the podium at this event. And I don't think he will even need to land all 5 quads to get a medal.

Kittosuni

Medalist
I want to reserve my judgement about I/Z dance but one thing really struck me is that they really got the spanish feel/flair. Yulia's always beautiful i just wish she holds her positions longer

MizukiS

Rinkside

I love the music - 'A Time for Us'. I hope Yulia will have a good program w/ this. She looks good in practice. I'm just a bit bothered w/ other skaters skating so close to her in some area. Shouldn't they at least give her enough space since it's her music being played?

Alba

Record Breaker
I love the music - 'A Time for Us'. I hope Yulia will have a good program w/ this. She looks good in practice. I'm just a bit bothered w/ other skaters skating so close to her in some area. Shouldn't they at least give her enough space since it's her music being played?

Yep, I was a bit bothered with them as well.
Anyway, I didn't know what to expect from her LP.
I had no idea about the music cut and how the choreo would look like. But like it very much, from that little I can see of course.
I hope she does well. :)

Icey

Record Breaker

That always bothers me too. It is really surprising there aren't more collisions. Seems there ought to be some way to restrict the other skaters to a certain portion of the ice, maybe the outside edges.

flying camel

Medalist
I was just saying that. She looked to be fighting for space at times. But I love that music also. Its so beautiful.

MizukiS

Rinkside
Yep, I was a bit bothered with them as well.
Anyway, I didn't know what to expect from her LP.
I had no idea about the music cut and how the choreo would look like. But like it very much, from that little I can see of course.
I hope she does well. :)

It's a cut from Romeo & Juliet OST. The program seems promising and with this type of music, it's easy for me to like it. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Gorgeous ina bauer too!

Alba

Record Breaker
It's a cut from Romeo & Juliet OST. The program seems promising and with this type of music, it's easy for me to like it. Can't wait to see the whole thing. Gorgeous ina bauer too!

Yes, but it's not the same cut she used for her junior LP, if I'm not mistaken?
There were interruptions here so I'm not sure, but it looked different to me.

It is really surprising there aren't more collisions.

I was on the edge the whole time. :slink: