Rika Hongo | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Rika Hongo

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
WOW!!
I cried too... the audience loves her. Man in the front row was on his feet almost before the finish!:biggrin: :love: Good Luck in the free Rika!!! Great music choices for her.. they suit her.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Is there any Japanese speaker who might be gracious enough to give a summary of what Rika said in her post-skate interview? I know translating is a task and a half (I do it myself, just not for Japanese!) but if someone would be willing to take the time I (and I imagine all of Rika's other fans!) would be very appreciative!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
WOW!!
I cried too... the audience loves her. Man in the front row was on his feet almost before the finish!:biggrin: :love: Good Luck in the free Rika!!! Great music choices for her.. they suit her.

I got teary too. The audience at the arena also gave her the loudest cheer of the night I think.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Rika gave me and herself as evidenced from her reaction so much joy in this SP! I just could not get over that for a longer while. My heart melted.

Fingers crossed for LP.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
She looked regal and skated with passion and purpose that made people simply believe her. I do feel that all help and trust in hard times she got from coach Nagakubo made her so confident and powerful - he stood by her, regardless of results, today her skating said more than any words could say 'thank You' I feel.

Her performance felt simply magnetic for me, so much of energy and this dramatic, majestic vibe of the music translated so soundly into skating... Hats off to Rika, that's how you create a moment to remember:bow:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Is there any Japanese speaker who might be gracious enough to give a summary of what Rika said in her post-skate interview? I know translating is a task and a half (I do it myself, just not for Japanese!) but if someone would be willing to take the time I (and I imagine all of Rika's other fans!) would be very appreciative!
As always, please comment if you spot an error.

Interviewer: In the arena, the audience gave a standing ovation and a big, big applause, now that it's finished, what do you think?
Rika: I was very nervous, I was able to deliver what I had trained including the first jump, I was able to skate full-on till the end. The audience really cheered for me and I was so happy. I was able to do a good SP, (what I had trained) so I want to continue and concentrate on my Free, and do my best so that I can deliver everything I have trained.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Thank you @Interspectator!! I didn't think she looked nervous at all, she must be a very good actress! So glad she finally got to show off all the hard work she's been doing in training.

Alifyre

On the Ice
A little fluff piece on Rika that I found while poking around on Youtube. While I don't speak much Japanese, it's pretty clear she's pretty torn up about having to part with her coach (and there's some super adorable pictures of itty bitty Rika with Nagakubo-sensei!). It was a nice look into her background, I haven't seen too much about her outside of competition before.

Good luck in the free skate Rika!! We're all cheering for you!! (And I'm sure Nagakubo-sensei is too!)

klutzonice

Rinkside
Dropping by to say well done to Rika for giving it her all yesterday. It wasn't the skate she wanted but I hope that's not the last we see of her! I love her skating so much and I'll never stop saying it...

And seeing those images of Coach Nagakubo and tiny Rika made my teary!

Alifyre

On the Ice
It looks like Rika is getting a new SP this year -- Kill Bill! I'm very excited, I think she does great with energetic music. Nothing yet on her free, but I'm hoping she keeps Frida. I want to see that program performed to its full potential.

mikeko666

Final Flight
It looks like Rika is getting a new SP this year -- Kill Bill! I'm very excited, I think she does great with energetic music. Nothing yet on her free, but I'm hoping she keeps Frida. I want to see that program performed to its full potential.

While I really love the Frida FS and once wanted her to keep the program to next season, I now feel like it may be better for her to get a new FS and have a fresh start as this season was very tough.

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm so happy that Rika took Kill Bill as SP, she always was a skater who stands out and I'm glad she continues on this path.

Unlike many I had loved her Lawrence of Arabia but if she felt uncomfortable with this program she was right to do it, and for me his Riverdance is one of his best, good luck Rika for next season.