Volosozhar and Trankov to miss Russian Nationals | Golden Skate

Volosozhar and Trankov to miss Russian Nationals

anyanka

Record Breaker
From International Figure Skating:

http://tass.ru/sport/1657917

Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov will not compete at Russian nationals which start next week. Trankov is still receiving treatment for his shoulder injury.

whatif

Medalist
Kawaguti/Smirnov will also miss Nationals AND the Russian boards are reporting there is a possibility that they have decided to retire all together.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Kawaguti/Smirnov will also miss Nationals AND the Russian boards are reporting there is a possibility that they have decided to retire all together.

What??? Oh no!! If you get a link to a story can you please start a new thread? I don't them to retire, although they had floated that possibility since the 2009/10 season. If Moskvina retires it does make sense though :(

kinoriH

Final Flight

I don't know about K/S , but V/T are not retiring. Their programs & costumes for this season are ready- they just didn't have the chance to compete due to Maxim's injury.
In this parcticular interview Mozer says: ""Tanya and Max - so want to compete, it would be unbearable for them to watch while others skate , knowing that now they can not do this."

;)

borzaya

Final Flight

That's not true! There was such a rumour right after the GPF - but Kavaguti/Smirnov will take part in the Nationals and they are not going to retire yet - http://itar-tass.com/sport/1648658

As for V/T, it has been known long ago, that they are skipping Nationals... Max is still treating his shoulder, he will come back from Germany on December, 24.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
That's not true! There was such a rumour right after the GPF - but Kavaguti/Smirnov will take part in the Nationals and they are not going to retire yet - http://itar-tass.com/sport/1648658

As for V/T, it has been known long ago, that they are skipping Nationals... Max is still treating his shoulder, he will come back from Germany on December, 24.

Maxim is being treated by Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt in Munich, so I have read. This doctor "Mull" is the guru of the sports doctors world. He treats the top footballers of the German National team and Bayern Munich :) and if "Mull" says Maxim is ready, then he is...until then we have to wait.

whatif

Medalist
Sorry, I may have jumped to soon on the rumours I was reading. I am glad they have been denied.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I refuse to believe this. They had such a great GP season! One bad competition at the GPF (where they pretty much landed the quad throw) and they call it quits, especially after working so hard to get back to form?

LRK

Record Breaker
I refuse to believe this. They had such a great GP season! One bad competition at the GPF (where they pretty much landed the quad throw) and they call it quits, especially after working so hard to get back to form?

Hopefully it is just a rumour of the sort where what started out as supposition became "fact" - "Suppose they quit now?" - "I think they ought to quit now." (there's always someone who thinks this) - "I've heard they are going to quit." - "They're going to quit."

noskates

Record Breaker

Okay, that makes me sad. I think they had the most interesting pairs program I've seen in a long time. Their age, I think, is starting to kick them though. Still skating pairs in your 30's after injuries has to be very challenging. I hope this is just a bad rumor.