Argentina Nationals (17-18 october 2014) | Golden Skate

Argentina Nationals (17-18 october 2014)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you

There is quite an accomplished senior skater representing Argentina, Denis Margarlik.

http://www.goldenskate.com/2014/08/denis-margalik/

We had an article about him this fall. He was interested in doing Jr. and Senior Worlds.

Denis Margarlik ARG
SP Introduction from "The Lady and the Hooligan" by Dmitri Shostakovich, Tango by Dmitri Shostakovich; choreo by Lori Nichol, Andrei Berezintsev
LP Lee Loos' Tune performed by Maksim Mrvica; choreo by Lori Nichol, Andrei Berezintsev

He has been the Canadian junior men's champion.

At the 2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic,

in the SP
9 Denis MARGALIK. ARG 61.94 29.34 32.60 6.35 6.55 6.65 6.45 6.60 0.00 #6

in the FS
6 Denis MARGALIK. ARG 131.50 65.10 66.40 6.75 6.40 6.90 6.55 6.60 0.00 #7

So he has the TES for the FS for both jr. and sr. Worlds., and is ok for either Jr. worlds or 4cc's.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How do you manage to find all these championships, Nirti?! :bow:

I didn't even know there were ice rinks in Argentina, never mind figure skaters! :laugh:

With this in mind, I am VERY impressed with the number of skaters there were taking part in the Argentine Championships. 4 boys and 58 girls!!!

Given the levels these skaters are currently competing at, it will take a while until we see any of them competing at Junior or Senior level internationally. But, it will be something to look forward to, to see another country represented on the international stage.

All the best to them all for the future

CaroLiza_fan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nope. Check above. We should see Denis Margarlik at Jr. Worlds this year, and probably at 4cc's.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I didn't even know there were ice rinks in Argentina, never mind figure skaters! :laugh: ...

Thx to Nirti. :bow:

CL_fan, something that might interest you:
The ISU publishes a Communication covering all countries with national championships. The list has "the names of the five best Ladies and Men Figure Skaters, the five best pairs and the five best couples in Ice Dance and the five best Synchronized Skating Teams based on the results of National Championships."
For the 2013/14 season:

Nirti

Medalist

I didn't even know there were ice rinks in Argentina, never mind figure skaters! :laugh:

I take a look at all federations websites, and some of them are good made :)

I've updated the ISU wikipedia article with the list of federations and links to their webpages : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Skating_Union#Pays_membres
That's in french but more complete than the english article "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_figure_skating". It could be interesting to merge this article with the english ISU one, but I don't dare to do it with my full-of-mistakes english!

lennartm

Spectator
Thank you for all the updates, Nirti, and please keep up the good work!

For interested readers, be aware that the ISU document with the five best national results mentioned in one of the replies is not always correct. Just as stated, the ISU asks each member federation to list the top 5 skaters "based on the results of National Championships", but apparently some member federations use a liberation interpretation of that. The two most common errors are moving up skaters from Junior or Novice results to complete a top 5 list if there are too few Senior results, and adjusting the result to what the federation would have liked to present if everybody had taken part at Nationals. There have even been cases where skaters listed in the top 5 report had a broken leg at the time of their Nationals, and of course they did not compete!

So, all of you who put down lots of work to dig out the original sources of the results, please continue to do so!