Nam Nguyen | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Nam Nguyen

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
his 4T in the SP was so amazingly strong... that's fine with me :) 4t X 2 3A X 2 is plenty

4rkidz

Spectator
So far one of the strongest practices of the men at skate Canada this morning, his ice dance extra training he had is really paying off in his carriage an glide, he also had consistent quads an triple axel..

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
My stream froze in the middle of his performance and I only saw Nam land his quad and his combo (?), did he land his axel?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Justice for NAM!
Any definite reasons given yet for Skate Canada ignoring Nam for the Gala?
It seems totally illogical for them to do that.
Nam has fans, you know, that would like to see him. He's a great show skater. :sad46:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
That is weird, considering that they invited almost everyone else who was Canadian. Also, I like his FS this season and Buttle's choreography.

ficelle

On the Ice
Me too, I would like to know why they didn't invit him...:mad:
I hope it's just some stupid error or something, and not "intentional" because Chan came back...after all, Nam is still the national champion, and furthermore he is the future for canadian skating. Even if he is still not perfect, give him 2/3 years to refine his skill !

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who decides - officials at Skate Canada? Or does Jeremy Ten (choreographer) have some say? I wonder if Jeremy has a problem with him.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, I don't want to speculate because I would hate to think an adult like Jeremy would refuse to work with Nam or any other skater for one day - that would be very unprofessional. And for all we know, they get along great (they sure seemed to at the WTT) & it was someone higher up who made the (extremely poor) decision. I wonder how the locals felt who purchased tickets - I'd be really irritated that the national champion was left out while lesser skaters were included.

sses1

On the Ice
Jeremy trained with Nam in BC and Jeremy was kind of a mentor to him. It was the decision of SC officials to not include Nam in the gala.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy is an extremely nice and positive person and would not pull anything against Nam even if he had such power, not to mention Nam is a much bigger star and power within Skate Canada than Jeremy. No, I don't understand why Nam was not in the Gala but it's definitely nothing initiated by Jeremy.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Jeremy is an extremely nice and positive person and would not pull anything against Nam even if he had such power, not to mention Nam is a much bigger star and power within Skate Canada than Jeremy. No, I don't understand why Nam was not in the Gala but it's definitely nothing initiated by Jeremy.

If anyone has power in Skate Canada is...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I don't believe it was any anti-Nam attempt by any skater if that's your implication. Skaters had enough to focus on and are not event organizers. I don't see anyone that petty either.

Conspiracy theory FTW... I´m kidding... I do think only three people in Canada had that power, and 2 of them are already retired.

I think Skate Canada was in the very wrong side by skipping Nam, and I´m not even that big of a fan... How they remember to invite a Jeremy who is retired, isn´t that popular and never achieved lot in the international field and forget their champion that was skating in the competition and did a decent job?

Anyway, hope they at least have the delicacy to give Nam a phone call and give him an apology

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Me too, I would like to know why they didn't invit him...:mad:
I hope it's just some stupid error or something, and not "intentional" because Chan came back...after all, Nam is still the national champion, and furthermore he is the future for canadian skating. Even if he is still not perfect, give him 2/3 years to refine his skill !

I doubt it has anything to do with Patrick. It's not as if they insisted Nam not be assigned to SC, where Patrick was, or at any other competition. It's just the Gala. No idea why he wasn't there, but I will assume Nam had to turn down the offer for some reason until I hear otherwise. I don't want to think the organizers were actually absurd enough to not invite the current Men's Canadian Champion.. :angry2:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I doubt it has anything to do with Patrick. It's not as if they insisted Nam not be assigned to SC, where Patrick was, or at any other competition. It's just the Gala. No idea why he wasn't there, but I will assume Nam had to turn down the offer for some reason until I hear otherwise. I don't want to think the organizers were actually absurd enough to not invite the current Men's Canadian Champion.. :angry2:

Nam already said that he wasn´t invited, it was in the Gala thread