Max Aaron quad Axel attempt | Golden Skate

Max Aaron quad Axel attempt

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think this should be buried in his fan thread. Liza's 3A got a thread of its own! :p

Now, granted, he's in the pole harness and it's not around (at least, not that I can see - I think it might be <?). But still! What fun!

Maybe some birthday fun for Max?

I'm trying not to blow my top at the fact that the very first comment underneath it is one of those whiny blah blah blah he needs to work on... people. SERIOUSLY?

BlackPack

Medalist
That's awesome!

I believe Yagudin and Plush practiced 4a's too? (in harnesses at least)?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I'm trying not to blow my top at the fact that the very first comment underneath it is one of those whiny blah blah blah he needs to work on... people. SERIOUSLY?

The good news is that an upbeat reply from Tom Z led the same person to then say something positive :):

CH: Nice attempt, but he needs to back off and work on some overall skating quality.

TZ: He's doing that, too!

CH: Cool. Can't wait to see it all come together!!

And "Miki Ando" (don't know whether she's "the real" M.A.) commented: "Wow!!!!! So cool!!!"

HanDomi

Record Breaker
That's awesome!

Yagudin stopped, I think I saw somewhere some info that he almost broke something practicing it. I don't remember now.

Plush I don't know.

Orser somewhere in interview mentioned that Hanyu may be able to do quad axel in future, but they are not rushing it.

Great attempt though :rock:

Last edited:

makaihime

Final Flight
That's awesome!

Yagudin said he stopped because it was so dangerous he felt it might break his neck. Plushenko never really practiced it, but has probably attempted it. I did not like it when I heard Gachinski and Hanyu were trying it and I'm not liking it now....I don't mind it when its on harness like this since its safer but I hope none of these guys will seriously practice this jump. I want them all to have long careers. :hopelessness:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yagudin said he stopped because it was so dangerous he felt it might break his neck. Plushenko never really practiced it, but has probably attempted it. I did not like it when I heard Gachinski and Hanyu were trying it and I'm not liking it now....I don't mind it when its on harness like this since its safer but I hope none of these guys will seriously practice this jump. I want them all to have long careers. :hopelessness:

Actually I think for Hanyu it's not so dangerous overall. Axel is easiest for him, but Orser doesn't let him practice harder quads too often, which is good

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I get so tired of all the people being negative about Tom Z students working on fun stuff like Mirai's 3A and now Max's 4A. You have to let skaters work on what they enjoy as well or they will get burned out. I suspect stuff like this helps them keep the love for the sport and get through the tedious stuff.

I love the attempt, and I love seeing it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I get so tired of all the people being negative about Tom Z students working on fun stuff like Mirai's 3A and now Max's 4A. You have to let skaters work on what they enjoy as well or they will get burned out. I suspect stuff like this helps them keep the love for the sport and get through the tedious stuff.

I love the attempt, and I love seeing it.

Not to mention, there comes a confidence when you realise you can even attempt a 4A in training, so your 3A becomes that much more assured.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Not to mention, there comes a confidence when you realise you can even attempt a 4A in training, so your 3A becomes that much more assured.

And it likely helps them to feel like they have room to grow and improve and more to accomplish rather than feeling plateaued.

It gets so old seeing the comments like that, why would you assume a 30 second clip posted means that is all that is being worked on. . . it makes no sense at all to me. It's just more fun to post jumps online. While many of us would likely drool over videos of working on skating skills, I suspect the overall views and reception would be less warm than a jump.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Max is just an awesome guy! :rock:

IMO, he's put a lot of work into improving his PCS, that he doesn't seem to get the credit for. Even if he decides to focus more on the jumps again instead of working on transitions, I'd say go for it. Max was the best when he was simply having fun out there.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
And it likely helps them to feel like they have room to grow and improve and more to accomplish rather than feeling plateaued.

It gets so old seeing the comments like that, why would you assume a 30 second clip posted means that is all that is being worked on. . . it makes no sense at all to me. It's just more fun to post jumps online. While many of us would likely drool over videos of working on skating skills, I suspect the overall views and reception would be less warm than a jump.

It's just haters. If he improved artistically those same people would be wailing that he isn't pushing himself technically. :rolleye: