Team Russia Fan Page | Golden Skate

Team Russia Fan Page

GF2445

Record Breaker
Welcome to the official GS Forum Fan Page for Team Russia @ the 2015 World Team Trophy :cheer2::cheer::dance::hb::party2:

Alexander Smirnov is team captain.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I think Russia have a really good chance this year. I think US and Russian teams will be competing for gold and silver medals with Canada and Japan close behind. The men will be deciding factor.

CutieP

On the Ice
Go Lena, Liza, Maxim, Sergei, Yuko and Sasha, and of course Other Lena and Ruslan!!!!:cheer2:

:party2: Team Russia all the way, baby!!!:cheer:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Could this be Kavaguti/Smirnov's last competition? If so, I hope it'll be a magnificent one for them :cheer2:
And, even if I'm not a big fan, I hope Elena and Ruslan will be finally able to skate their FD well in a major competition after the diasters at Euros and Worlds :yes:

LRK

Record Breaker
Could this be Kavaguti/Smirnov's last competition? If so, I hope it'll be a magnificent one for them :cheer2:
And, even if I'm not a big fan, I hope Elena and Ruslan will be finally able to skate their FD well in a major competition after the diasters at Euros and Worlds :yes:

I believe they have said that they mean to continue.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Can their men deliver?

I hope they do their best and jump like the rent is due tomorrow!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sergei will do fine if he isn't in pain still. Maxim might be better here since it's less pressure, but we'll see.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Interesting how Russia never medalled at WTT (yet some people say their team gold was predestined no matter what happened? :laugh:).

Hopefully they can go straight to gold this year.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Interesting how Russia never medalled at WTT (yet some people say their team gold was predestined no matter what happened? :laugh:).

Hopefully they can go straight to gold this year.

But that's because wtt is so skewed to singles. 2009 for example Russia had no men or ladies! Zero. Well maybe leonova. It only had pairs and dance which matter less than at Olympics. Even 2012 ans 2013 no men really. Sotnikova was at wtt and always bombed her long programs.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
But that's because wtt is so skewed to singles. 2009 for example Russia had no men or ladies! Zero. Well maybe leonova. It only had pairs and dance which matter less than at Olympics. Even 2011 no men really.
True. At the Olympics, Russia was able to keep one consistent skater for the singles events, and switch out pairs/dance instead. They also had a much stronger team than they ever fielded at WTTs (Yulia, Plushy, on-form I/K and B/S, 2014 form S/K), and everyone delivered. Their teams at WTTs were not only weaker, but people also didn't deliver (e.g. Liza in 2013). I was only pointing out that the "didn't deliver" part could've happened at the Olympics too, though thank goodness it didn't. :)

They could medal/win this year, but it's still not quite the team they fielded at the Olympics. My optimistic scenario has Liza/Lena placing top two (12+11), K/S placing 2nd (11), I/Z fourth (9). 43 points in the bank. I have no idea what will happen with the men, but even if they only earn ~5 points between them, that could be enough for bronze. (Of course, Liza and Lena could be exhausted and not do so well, and K/S could place 3rd if China and Canada both send strong pairs that skate well, but things don't look so bad this year).

IleK

On the Ice
I am worried for Liza. I think she should have said pass to this. It is just too much. She seemed exhausted at worlds, so did Lena.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Excited to see how everyone will do :popcorn: Go Lenas! :biggrin: