Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://vk.com/topic-64889146_31647477

Dear fans!
Anna asks you to help her decide on the programs for the new season. In order to help Anna, you need to: 1. Upload music 2. Costume Photo 3. If the image is taken from the movie, attach to the message the film. We kindly request - do not send multiple program options one message.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yay! Remember when I suggested that a skater should ask their fans to help them pick music for their season? Glad somebody is actually doing it! :clap:

Great way for Anna to get her fans involved, create some buzz around her in a saturated Russian ladies field, and avoid doing another warhorse that doesn't work for her (sorry, Firebird).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yay! Remember when I suggested that a skater should ask their fans to help them pick music for their season? Glad somebody is actually doing it! :clap: ...

She is the latest, but not the first to do so.
I don't remember specific past examples, but they have cropped up here and there for at least the past few years. :cool:

ETA, but it is true that perhaps she is the first to ask fans to do some of the heavier lifting -- going so far as to request uploading of the music and a costume photo.​

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, gallavich! Thank you so much for letting us know about this.

I am loving some of the suggestions made already!

Since joining this forum, I've made no secret that I would love to see another Jurassic Park programme (last one I can think of was Tonya in 1994). Well, somebody has suggested it! :cheer: (And even included a video of the ENTIRE film!!!)

Plus, I LOVE the thought of Anna wearing the Pocahontas dress (or even the other dress) that somebody suggested to go with some panpipe music. (Wasn't too keen on the music itself, though...)

This is going to be really fun to follow! :cool: :biggrin:

Hey, I might even make a suggestion or two myself...! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yay! Remember when I suggested that a skater should ask their fans to help them pick music for their season? Glad somebody is actually doing it! :clap:

Great way for Anna to get her fans involved, create some buzz around her in a saturated Russian ladies field, and avoid doing another warhorse that doesn't work for her (sorry, Firebird).

What I know Plushenko asked his fans to advice in 2010. That video is on Youtube even today. And if I right remember Lipnitskaya also asked help in last year....:think:
I hope she will receive good advices, but I like the Firebird SP.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Oh, gallavich! Thank you so much for letting us know about this.

I am loving some of the suggestions made already!

Since joining this forum, I've made no secret that I would love to see another Jurassic Park programme (last one I can think of was Tonya in 1994). Well, somebody has suggested it! :cheer: (And even included a video of the ENTIRE film!!!)

Plus, I LOVE the thought of Anna wearing the Pocahontas dress (or even the other dress) that somebody suggested to go with some panpipe music. (Wasn't too keen on the music itself, though...)

This is going to be really fun to follow! :cool: :biggrin:

Hey, I might even make a suggestion or two myself...! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

I like the Pocahontas idea!!!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I'm guessing one has to have a VK account to contribute? :think:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Is Doctor Who at all known in Russia? Someone needs to tell her how much she looks like Billie Piper/Rose Tyler and run with it. Plus she could have a lot of freedom in costume choices as it is a time travel show, so she could pick any number of looks that Rose wore as inspiration for the costume.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm guessing one has to have a VK account to contribute? :think:

Yep. You do.

But, I would recommend anybody to create a vKontakte account anyway. It is just like Facebook used to be, before they started messing everything up.

In fact, were it not for the fact that most people I know are on Facebook, I would be off to vKontakte full time in a shot!

That said, I still think Bebo was the best social network of the lot... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is Doctor Who at all known in Russia? Someone needs to tell her how much she looks like Billie Piper/Rose Tyler and run with it. Plus she could have a lot of freedom in costume choices as it is a time travel show, so she could pick any number of looks that Rose wore as inspiration for the costume.

Billie Piper was my first singing crush!!! :love:

"Honey To The B" was the first album I bought!!! And I bought it as a tape AND as a CD!!!

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Billie Piper was my first singing crush!!! :love:

"Honey To The B" was the first album I bought!!! And I bought it as a tape AND as a CD!!!

CaroLiza_fan

You have good taste!

That would be an interesting mix. Billie Piper music mixed with Rose's theme from Doctor Who. Maybe Voronov's choreography could make it work.

MalAssada

Medalist
I checked Rose's theme, but much prefered Doomsday. I think it is more Anna's style, and would make me weep just by listening to the music. With the right choreo and costume :drama:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I checked Rose's theme, but much prefered Doomsday. I think it is more Anna's style, and would make me weep just by listening to the music. With the right choreo and costume :drama:

Strange, I listened to Doomsday several times this morning. ;) She could still reasonably portray Rose skating to Doomsday.

Rose's theme is not my favorite theme, but she just looks so right for it. Doomsday could really be an amazing skating piece if done right.

While we are at it. I really want to see a step sequence done to this section.

witcher

Match Penalty
Come on guys, it's 2015 - how hardcore figure skating fan could possibly have no VK account? :biggrin:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm happy that Anna is doing this. I think it shows she really gives importance to the artistry side of the sport and she cares about people's wishes. :cheer2:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You have good taste!

Why, thank you!

Although both of them are very attractive girls, personally, I can't see any similarity.

That would be an interesting mix. Billie Piper music mixed with Rose's theme from Doctor Who. Maybe Voronov's choreography could make it work.

To be honest, I don't think there are many Billie songs that would be suitable for skating to.

One song that might work is actually my favourite song from the "Honey To The B" album, "Love Groove".

The funniest thing is that it was only a few months ago that it dawned on me what this song was actually about! :eek::

Erm, 16 years is a bit too long to work that one out! :laugh:

So, although I think the music would be good for a skating routine, interpreting it could be tricky... :slink:

Dreams do come true :shocked:

You know, when you wrote that, "Dreams" by Gabrielle instantly popped into my mind. And I then thought "Nice song, but not skating music".

But then, when I went looking for the video to link to, I found another song, "Dreams Come True" by Rebecca Holden and Jon Secada. This would be PERFECT for skating to!

And if you don't like the lyrics, the music is actually Johann Pachelbel's "Canon and Gigue in D Major"

Whether any of these are Anna's taste or not is another matter...!

CaroLiza_fan

Layback11

Record Breaker
I think something a bit more lyrical in nature could help her spread her artistic wings. Not sure what, but I'd like to see her take it on.