Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya Requests Your Help With Next Year's Programs

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Why, thank you!

Although both of them are very attractive girls, personally, I can't see any similarity.

To be honest, I don't think there are many Billie songs that would be suitable for skating to.

One song that might work is actually my favourite song from the "Honey To The B" album, "Love Groove".

The funniest thing is that it was only a few months ago that it dawned on me what this song was actually about!

These photos, especially the first one is where I really see it. Yes they are their own people, but I still think she could cosplay an awesome Rose Tyler.

http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/allresp/752520.html

And glad I am not the only one that re-listens to stuff and has stuff dawn on me about the lyrics.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I wish skaters whom I really like and struggle with finding suitable music would do this, particularly Adelina and Gracie.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Khaleesi Pogo Targaryen! Power + Speed, mother of dragons. Mhysa, liberator of slaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cvwnah43_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvyP-_POJH0

These theme tracks with the right edit can be an all empowering blockbuster program for her that has complementary qualities to her skating (wild, raw, powerful, emotional but reserved and dignified) and enough rich ideas and unfamiliarity (to general figure skating fans) to be unique and interesting. There are enough concepts behind the music which a thoughtful girl like her may perhaps get inspired by and skate with purpose like she does with her Gala.

Not enough people made good creative incorporation of vocal music last year. (Karl Jenkins can perhaps considered more often). Between the 2 tracks, there are enough textures, shades, variations to build into something interesting and all empowering. (The girl need more confidence and self believe. She has the goods just need to make realistic steady progress bar injury.)

If anyone would be kind enough to forward the suggestion on, please send my regards. I am a big fan and wish her best of luck next season.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Come on guys, it's 2015 - how hardcore figure skating fan could possibly have no VK account? :biggrin:

It might be a little intimidating for people who don't read Russian, maybe? I would be lost if I didn't have Google Translate (not that it even works all of the time, but it beats nothing). But as CaroLiza_fan said, it's far better than Facebook & there are many interesting FS communities...definitely a must for any fan of Russian skaters.

So I listened to a bit of some of the suggestions on her page...some good ones, some eh. I like the suggestions for Eduard Artemiev and Alfred Schnittke. And Amelie...I know there have been several Amelie programs, but mostly by the men, afaik (I admit, I didn't pay much attention to ladies until recently). Or something else by Yann Tiersen could be quite charming.

I also quite like the song "Rose in Morocco" by Keiko Matsui someone posted there...sort of jazzy/new agey, but with some drama, which I think would fit Anna. I could see her skating to Secret Garden as well. And I love this monarch butterfly dress someone suggested - of course it would need some modification, and I'm sure a lot of people would rather see her in something more conservative, but I happen to like her taste in costumes as it is.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Someone suggested Jurassic Park? I like! I thought that theme really suited Tonya Harding (her 94 nationals costume was nasty though).

I really want someone to skate to this song:

Blur - The Universal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs&feature=youtu.be

A loooooong time ago a group of us skated to this song, an exhibition raising money for charity. I have such fond memories of that, plus it's a beautiful song, soaring and epic towards the end.

Last edited:

Lenny318

On the Ice
Great way for Anna to get her fans involved, create some buzz around her in a saturated Russian ladies field, and avoid doing another warhorse that doesn't work for her (sorry, Firebird).

Plot twist: she chooses a warhorse anyways.

No but seriously this is a great opportunity for her to examine other options of music/themes that she probably wouldn't normally consider. I like the Doctor Who and Game of Thrones suggestions I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Amei

Record Breaker
I think something a bit more lyrical in nature could help her spread her artistic wings. Not sure what, but I'd like to see her take it on.

One of Anna's issues (IMO) is her lack of grace/polish- her arm movements often seem awkward and distracting from the program. On one hand I think something more lyrical may help, by forcing her to address the problem or on the other hand it could highlight the problem and make it look worse.

Alba

Record Breaker
http://vk.com/topic-64889146_31647477

Dear fans!
Anna asks you to help her decide on the programs for the new season. In order to help Anna, you need to: 1. Upload music 2. Costume Photo 3. If the image is taken from the movie, attach to the message the film. We kindly request - do not send multiple program options one message.

I don't quite understand the "costume photo" part. If I have a certain image in my mind, they want me to design it and post a picture of it? Just an example.

As for the music I would say Da Vinci's Demons soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOvYUIQjak&list=RDj_ymDF3CdBc&index=5
I also would love to see her skate to GoT. There are many versions on youtube, I love the metal one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czjokOkOMpY
Combined with "The Rains of Castamere" theme could become a great program. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SIS6wBxpI

or if it's a softer piece, Downton Abbey suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ULKKJ5UpI

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I think, combined with the next sentence, that the photo is supposed to be what will inspire the costume from the media the music is taken e.g. a character shot from the film, dance program, TV adaptation, video game etc.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think, combined with the next sentence, that the photo is supposed to be what will inspire the costume from the media the music is taken e.g. a character shot from the film, dance program, TV adaptation, video game etc.

Yes, that I understood but what if someone has his/her own image in mind. Anyway, I was just curious because my suggestions are from tv series so that is easy.

p.s. Is it about both programs, SP and LP so two options, or is it only one option we should send?

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Yeah, then I suppose one would have to make a quick sketch... unless they want you to run a sample off on your trusty sewing machine! Either way, they'd not get anything wearable from me- can't draw or sew well at all! :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yeah, then I suppose one would have to make a quick sketch... unless they want you to run a sample off on your trusty sewing machine! Either way, they'd not get anything wearable from me- can't draw or sew well at all! :laugh:

Me neither. :laugh2:
Thinking of it though. I suppose there are many talented fans who know how to design. This could be a nice opportunity for them. :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Me neither. :laugh2:
Thinking of it though. I suppose there are many talented fans who know how to design. This could be a nice opportunity for them. :)

Some of the people that have replied have actually been posting drawings of dress designs. And they have been VERY impressive!

And I have to be honest, that part of the request is kinda putting me off submitting music. Like most guys, I haven't a clue when it comes to dresses! The best you can get out of me is "Yeah, I like that" or "Nah, I don't like that" when I see one! :laugh:

Same here!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
It's totally useless to ask fans though. Some simply refuse to read or understand a clear and simple message. :rolleye:I'm seeing like 10 options from same users given. :hopelessness: They are not helping, just creating a mess. :disapp:

That's what happened to Yulia last seasons as well, when she asked the fans for her FS music. They had to close the topic within few hours. Oh well, I did sent my two options, for SP and LP. Good luck to Anna.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I'd love to watch Anna skate on Albinoni's Adagio in the SP and some parts from Rossini/Respighi's Boutique Fantasque in the Long Program...

Alba

Record Breaker
I'd love to watch Anna skate on Albinoni's Adagio in the SP and some parts from Rossini/Respighi's Boutique Fantasque in the Long Program...

She did skate to Albinoni's Adagio this season, although not the classical version.