Shoma Uno | Page 701 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi everyone! I’m new here (first time poster, but long time lurker)
I so enjoy seeing everyone’s support of Shooms and those around him, so I hope to contribute to that in some small way as well.

23. What is your favorite EX skate?
I thought This Town was super sweet :) and I really liked the suaveness of Time After Time.

28. What is your favorite program?
Loco! Loved how intense and dynamic it was. I always enjoy watching how Shoma gives his entire self when he skates, but this program stands out to me in particular.
Ladies in Lavender is a close second.

Thanks and sorry for crashing the party everyone! ��

Welcome! The more, the merrier! This thread is awesome :)

rabidline

Final Flight
19. Do you own any Shoma merchandise? (i.e. Colantotte necklace)?

Nope, I only wear earrings for jewelry, and that — rarely, but I will buy a Japanese flag if I get my chance to see Uno skate live.

Congrats lariko for getting post #14000! :agree:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
19. Do you own any Shoma merchandise? (i.e. Colantotte necklace)?

Nope, I only wear earrings for jewelry, and that — rarely, but I will buy a Japanese flag if I get my chance to see Uno skate live.

:hap10:What better post for Post 14000 than a post about Shomerchandise?! :hap10: And you reminded me -- when I answered question #19, I forgot to mention my precious flag! How could I forget?! :drama: https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/897314223050686465?s=20

:dbana: :dbana: :dbana: Welcome dramasocks!!! You're joining us at a great time! Fasten your seat belt for a wild ride. Things are about to get REALLY interesting. :dbana: :dbana: :dbana:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
If our buddy Jack Gallagher is to be believed, GP assignments are going to be announced around midnight Thursday, Japan time. I'm 14 hours behind that. https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/1141316740074262528?s=19

Midnight on Thursday, Tokyo Time sounds like a name of a thriller. :)

Wow, I got the 14K post, did not even notice, it was so early for me. But yay for Uno’s memorabilia, that signed flag is awesome!!! My kid told me she would cover mine in anime drawings when we get it. I wish she could draw the skaters, but it’s going end up like Fullmetal Alchemist... v. weird, but nothing for it.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It must be true Arriba you know how Jack loves to scoop.:scratch2: Problem for me trying to figure out what exactly is he scooping. ;)

True -- like I said elsewhere, the scoop is that there's no scoop! :yawn: :laugh2:...I would like to announce a scoop -- I'm having cottage cheese and blueberries for lunch. (oh wait, I guess that's not a scoop!) Come on Jack! :furious:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the way it looks like something is growing out of his head in that first photo. And what's with the eyes?! :laugh2: Surprised she didn't call him peach. I can see where it really fits!

Imov

Medalist
12 midnight in Asia has passed where are the assignments?
I wanna know where can I get a glimpse of Shomita

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone said midnight Thursday in Japan? - which I assume means tonight... 1 am for me.

rabidline

Final Flight
I like the way it looks like something is growing out of his head in that first photo. And what's with the eyes?! :laugh2: Surprised she didn't call him peach. I can see where it really fits!

I think one of the Shoma Chinese fans on Twitter did mention that Sui did call him "peach" ("momo") as that's his nickname from his Chinese fans? But ice cream fits well too doesn't it?

12 midnight in Asia has passed where are the assignments?
I wanna know where can I get a glimpse of Shomita

https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/stat...074262528?s=19

Jack Gallagher's tweet said "Thursday night" which he estimates to be midnight in Japan.

I presume by "midnight in Japan" he means the midnight from Thursday to Friday in Japan, which makes more sense since that would be the Thursday night in the other parts of the world. (As opposed by the midnight from Wednesday to Thursday in Japan, where in other places it's still Wednesday night).

But this is Jack and he didn't cite any sources, so... guess we'll all see tonight! Well, tonight in my side of the world, at least.

Edited to add: NHK Trophy Twitter updated that they will release their list of competitors tomorrow on 21 June 2019!

https://twitter.com/NHKTrophyFigure/status/1141602402350456837

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, well, it is a bit disappointing that the date was wrong, but I thought from the beginning that if the meeting is on 19-20June, the press release will be on the 21st. So, tomorrow!

20. If they made a biographical movie about Shoma, what actor would you want to play Shoma?

Oh, Ed Skrein, he is a shoe in for Uno!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, well, it is a bit disappointing that the date was wrong, but I thought from the beginning that if the meeting is on 19-20June, the press release will be on the 21st. So, tomorrow!

Seems to me when they've given 2 dates like that, a couple times the assignments have been given on the first date, so I am surprised it's taking this long. They just like to torture us! :gaah: :curse: :console: :hpull: :bang:

ADDING -- Ok, this one I trust. I'm expecting something at 10 am my time which is in less than an hour. https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/1141697396767907840?s=19

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
aaaaaaaa both events in Europe, Shomajesty is officially ours now :laugh: Ofc my predictions were quite wrong, I was expecting IdF but not CoR
I'm sorry Arriba and Iariko, I know how much you wanted to see him at SC/SA. But I'm really happy that he'll have more time to get the programs ready