2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet- Great recovery after that nasty fall. I was so caught up in her skating that I almost forgot there were suppose to be jumps. She's a diamond for sure. I only wish she'd get a new dress because that one is too juniorish for my liking.
her dress is the one she used for her EX last year,i dont mind it much but i hope she will change it too, one of many things that impress me is her landing position, her arms,her back and free leg, its just so beautiful and makes the jump complete and controlled,as Kurt said its both athletic and artistic :love:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Senior Ladies SP - top 3

Gabrielle Daleman (CAN)

Purple halter dress, silvery racerback
Music: If you cant sing it youll have to swing it (mr paganini) by Dee Dee Bridgewater

3Lz+3T - big lutz, but looked 3T<
LSp
FCSp
2F* - !
2A
StSq
CCoSp3p

54.02, 1st

---------------------------------------------

Elizabet Tursynbaeva (KAZ)

Pink one-shoulder baby-doll dress, purple flower
Music: Send in the Clowns (vocals Susan Boyle)

CCoSp3p
StSq
3Lz - hard fall, looked <
3S+3T
2A
FCSp - bit slow
LSp

51.02, 2nd

---------------------------------------------

Eri Nishimura (CAN)

Lavender bare-shoulder choker dress, flower appliques
Music: Life is Beautiful incl. Beautiful that way by Noa (vocals)

3F+2T - landed, looked at least 3F<
3Lo
FCSp
2A
StSq
LSp
CCoSp3p

47.64, 3rd

jlmart

On the Ice
Country
Canada
The Novice Men Free is just starting. Stephen Gogolev is the first skater of the second group. This is his first year skating novice and after the short he is 10 points in the lead. The question seems to be will he put his 3A in his free programme.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
The Novice Men Free is just starting. Stephen Gogolev is the first skater of the second group. This is his first year skating novice and after the short he is 10 points in the lead. The question seems to be will he put his 3A in his free programme.

another Brian's student, he was great at Skate Detroit, but i think its very early for him to try 3A, i hope he wont :hopelessness:

smasma

On the Ice

Stephen had a solid SP yesterday. I hope he put his 3A in his FS too!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yeah noticed they mentioned it below the protocol jusst couldnt be sure cause Gabby's didnt look << :biggrin:
congratz on your 5000th post :cheer: and thanks for your hard work! :cheer:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
He was a lot better yesterday though.

yeah, saw the protocols, i wonder if 3A affected the rest of the program, its very impressive though and not normal for 10 (or 11 already?) years old :laugh: he is a monster but very cute one :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a downgrade. Watching the stream, I thought both looked at least < in real time, so << is probably realistic.

Edit: This is my 5000th post :cheer:

Congrats on #5000. I so look forward to your competition posts because I can never tell which jump is which (well with a few exceptions--even weakankled me knows an axel when I see one!). :)

smasma

On the Ice
yeah, saw the protocols, i wonder if 3A affected the rest of the program, its very impressive though and not normal for 10 (or 11 already?) years old :laugh: he is a monster but very cute one :biggrin:

Maybe the 3A tired his body?