2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ

bramweld

Record Breaker
I agree. It certainly was a broken Hallelujah. Practice will not fix it. The concept does not meet the given requirements Somewhere in there there has to be some music that sounds like a waltz. And there isn't.

While I don't adore Paul and Islam's program, at least the waltz section is a waltz.

I liked Tobias & Tkachenko's SD better than either of these programs.

Funny, I thought T/T looked cheesy and juniorish. I really preferred P/I and H/D. But say what one person's meh is another's wow;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If you look carefully they are cleverly working with very, very long edges for the entire dance. Their is also no change in character for the entire dance almost, hence it looks so clean. At first when I saw H/D it reminded me of V/M. I think Lauzon's group is sending a subtle message to Zueva, "Whatever you can do, we can do it better." But now I'm really curious about three SD's the Shibs, P/I and S/K. They all seem to be going for a somewhat similar theme; balletic pieces. It'll be interesting to compare in the GP season.

Except that they can't. Zoueva may be in a bit of a rut, but at her best she's a far better choreographer than anyone in Lauzon's group. Even P/C's marvelous Mozart FD choreography was essentially taken from the original dance.

I thought there had to be a full stop somewhere in the dance before the change to a different rhythm. Did they forget this for H/D? Besides the fact that calling Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah a waltz is streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching it.

Sorry, I'm totally with Snow and Doris with this one. Thumbs down.

Marta25

Medalist
Except that they can't. Zoueva may be in a bit of a rut, but at her best she's a far better choreographer than anyone in Lauzon's group. Even P/C's marvelous Mozart FD choreography was essentially taken from the original dance.

I thought there had to be a full stop somewhere in the dance before the change to a different rhythm. Did they forget this for H/D? Besides the fact that calling Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah a waltz is streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetching it.

Sorry, I'm totally with Snow and Doris with this one. Thumbs down.

I wonder what the ISU judges will do with this. Am I wrong or wasn`t there any change of rhythm to a polka, march or foxtrot? H/D always struck me as a team, who try to be different, but I don`t think this is working.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Funny, I thought T/T looked cheesy and juniorish. I really preferred P/I and H/D. But say what one person's meh is another's wow;)

Tobias always brings the cheese--that's a HUGE part of her charm. She goes out there like she's won 2948334 gold medals and struggles her way through the technical elements whilst emoting to the rafters. I ADORE her. :)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
On re -watch, that's a 4/4 sandwiched in on Hallelujah.. I guess the song is actually 6/8 ? This may not spell doom, though..The judges didn't seem to care about that so much the last time a waltz was used IIRC...

caitie

Medalist
Did anyone recognize H/D's music? Sounds like a movie soundtrack?

Nm it's adagio for Tron.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
(sigh) No P/I.. more waiting to see what they've come up with.. (unless I somehow missed them..)

But, But, But... H/D fans, we surely have to be pleased with that FD ? I think it could wind up a thing of absolute beauty. (More lift deductions?)

bramweld

Record Breaker
(sigh) No P/I.. more waiting to see what they've come up with.. (unless I somehow missed them..)

But, But, But... H/D fans, we surely have to be pleased with that FD ? I think it could wind up a thing of absolute beauty. (More lift deductions?)

True, but they don't bring much variety. That FD could be an extension of the FD. It reminds me of Klimova and P.'s choreo from OG 1992.

I completely and utterly take back what I said abut Zueva. Watching FB/S was like experiencing deja vu. Come on guys :confused:

Last edited:

sses1

On the Ice
H/D's FD didn't grab me. My biggest problem is the music (which sounds like a move soundtrack, and not in a good way), it was a little bit too unmemorable for me. They most likely got deductions for the lifts again. I sense there's a story going on there but it needs time to develop.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
No, you didn't miss them - they really did not skate. I read (on the other forum I guess) already some time before the FD competition that they were not going to compete their FD here. Apparently not ready to show it to the public yet, just like Beaudry/Sorensen were not ready to show their SD.

Yes, it could turn out to be really beautiful. Right now, though, I feel like the music and overall idea are grand, but the execution is not up to par yet, and also the choreography itself doesn't have enough highlights throughout for me (more of them in the second half), although there are some really beautiful elements. As to what I said about the execution, I think they don't have enough speed in this program yet for it to have the right impact more than anything, but that will very likely change.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
To me it feels like H/D have done this FD before to different music, albeit their elements look to have improved. I just can't remember the year, Nocturne Into Bohemian Rhapsody.

Last edited:

Marta25

Medalist
To me it feels like H/D have done this FD before to different music, albeith their elements look to have improved. I just can't remember the year, Nocturne Into Bohemian Rhapsody.

That was their FD for the 2013/2014 season. I really loved that one.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Found the video, thank goodness for youtube!! Their tricks are really cool and they are really accentuating their long lines which is awesome but it isn't quite there yet. That big lift was awesome but I thought it was wasted on the music, that is a "ta-da" move. Will be fun to watch the dance evolve. And is she supposed to be a butterfly?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
from ffs dara 's channel on youtube

Senior Ice Dance

Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_1n_CQNbg

Hubbell & Donohue FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO6rjguyc8

Paradis & Ouellette FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8hzRcXDG_A

Junior Ice Dance

Fukase & Tateno FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9voLKH0K1hU

Howland & Malette Paquette FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6XoMj1pKxBI

Meng & Meng FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um1mCeOynuA

Lauriault & Le Gac FD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLi9DwibWLs

Senior Pairs

Séguin & Bilodeau FS
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n8K0h0kyT5Q

Last edited:

elif

Medalist

I think it had to be before partial waltz sequence. They did a pose on the ice before but that can't be stop. :confused:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
To me it feels like H/D have done this FD before to different music, albeith their elements look to have improved. I just can't remember the year, Nocturne Into Bohemian Rhapsody.
Maybe some transitions remind of that FD, but the overall feel is different, more dramatic, whereas their Bohemian Rhapsody FD was more lyrical, gentler. And there are definitely some moves that are different from that FD. After all, both FDs don't have the same choreographers, so it would be strange if they really looked that similar.

It's just that Marie-France Dubreuil and the whole team seem to be good with a particular style that is flowing, smooth, lyrical and/or dramatic, maybe not always very original in terms of choreographic moves that are not elements (with a few exceptions), and the Bohemian Rhapsody FD was done in the same vein. I would like to see something light, fun and maybe just a little quirky from this coaching/choreographing team for a change. Otherwise almost all their teams FDs from this and the previous season feel a bit similar, even though they do contain different moves and elements apart from the many similar transitional moves. While Beaudry/Sorensen's FD is at least different from their previous season's FD, Paradis/Ouellette's FD seems a bit too close to their previous FD in style upon first watch, the only difference being that it doesn't have the same emotional impact on me (at least yet).

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Found the video, thank goodness for youtube!! Their tricks are really cool and they are really accentuating their long lines which is awesome but it isn't quite there yet. That big lift was awesome but I thought it was wasted on the music, that is a "ta-da" move. Will be fun to watch the dance evolve. And is she supposed to be a butterfly?

If they could give this more sharpness, speed and character it would be awesome. Listening to the music again and watching the video on youtube, this is supposed to be more edgy than lyrical, closer to Carmina Burana than an Bocelli opera. Their movements are too soft. But I must say their lines are impressive.