Anyone going to Skate America? | Golden Skate

Anyone going to Skate America?

Layback11

Record Breaker
I am, and I know of a couple other people who are, but I'm wondering, who's going? This thread is for chat of all types pertaining to attending SA.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Me! For all-event! And I'm SUPER pumped and excited!!!

Me too! We got the all-event and this is especially exciting because it's going to be my first time seeing a men's competition live (we skipped it at Nats to save money because I wasn't that interested). Because there's something I want to see on both of the sessions that the men are skating on, I'm going to all of them.

w4300

Rinkside
I am going to SA for all events. Went for the first time last year and got hooked. Last year was right in my back yard, this year fairly close,it is only about 1 1/2hr drive.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh boy! So maybe six of us? I hope we can get some more of you charactors at nats and WorldTeamCup!
Perhaps there are those who just have enough time and money for Worlds......
Chris who isnt going to worlds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pondering if I should bring my homework, laptop, and hotspot into the arena so I can get at least a bit of homework done like during ice resurfacing. Lol.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm pondering if I should bring my homework, laptop, and hotspot into the arena so I can get at least a bit of homework done like during ice resurfacing. Lol.

I'm definitely bringing my laptop (to the event, prob not the rink) so I can blog! I'm doing a special blog series live from SA and it is like nothing ever seen before. Hehe...;)

Hint: it involves a badger. Stay tuned. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm definitely bringing my laptop (to the event, prob not the rink) so I can blog! I'm doing a special blog series live from SA and it is like nothing ever seen before. Hehe...;)

Hint: it involves a badger. Stay tuned. :)

Sweet! Well Luckily I don't have any tests or take-home lab reports due the following week (Thank goodness).

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am going to Skate America!! Still can't believe I talked my husband into this trip. It is amazing what talks of bucket lists and promises of good WI beer can do!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Have fun everyone! Milwaukee is a fun city (spent the summer of 2002 there) and of course it's fun to see live skating.

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I will be there Saturday, but will be in the Milwaukee area all weekend. Oh, and I just noticed that the "official" hotel is the same one that my company will be using for our convention that week. Can't wait!

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am going to Skate America!! Still can't believe I talked my husband into this trip. It is amazing what talks of bucket lists and promises of good WI beer can do!

And dont forget to tell him the Harley Museum is just a few blocks away..... LOL!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Friends dont let friends do homework during resurfacing! Oh, wait...Homework? Now my college nightmares are all coming back.....argh.....:no:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I dont suppose we have anyone here who is a local who knows the eateries within three-four blocks?
Subway and Applebys are know chains but dont know about the others on Google maps....