Your Favorite non-Medal programs at 2015 J&T Banka JGP? | Golden Skate

Your Favorite non-Medal programs at 2015 J&T Banka JGP?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Which programs were your favorites here, especially ones that were by skaters who did not earn a medal?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I loved both of Kim Cheremsky's programs...on the men's side, Daniil Bernadiner's 4 Seasons & Koshiro's Chaplin program. Alessandro Fadini's programs were also pretty good (although I can't stand Sam Smith), thanks to Lambiel's choreography.

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Emily Chan (both), Rin Nitaya's FS, HS' SP, SH's FS, Kim Cheremsky (both), Daichi Miyata (both)... I think that's all...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed SD from the French team. They're my new favourites, hopefully they will improve technically :)

From those who medaled my favourite was Tsurskaya's 'Chess' FP and L/D waltz part of their SD.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
When it comes to artistry and spins, Emily Chan was in a league of her own at this event. The maturity she skates with in contrast to the other skaters is astounding, and her spins are world-class. I loved watching her here!

I also really enjoyed Biechler & Dodge's FD-it was a very passionate performance and they are a very artistic team. I didn't watch the part where they were announced, so I didn't know it was them until they got their scores-well, I was mightily pleased to find out they were the other US team!

Kim Cherensky, however questionable her SP costume choice was, is spicy little bugger and an absolute joy to watch-her SP in particular. I will be very excited to see how she progresses! Also, anyone who uses Je Suis Malade gets automatic "Good-Taste-In-Music Points" from me. :laugh2:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
for me its definitely Koshiro Shimada's LP !! he performed it really well, very musical, not just skating but living the character :love:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Koshiro won over pretty much everyone on chat by his LP :biggrin: Also, I'm another one who enjoyed Kim Cheremsky's & Emily Chan both programs very much. Ladies event was on very high level & exciting!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed Julia BIECHLER / Damian DODGE. I thought their SD was charming and a contrast to the Parsons' Cinderella.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Koshiro Shamada (LP- what a cutie!); Daichi Miyata (both but esp. SP- lovely light skating); Nurullah Sahaka (both- nice presence on ice) and Alessandro Fadini (both- beautiful flowing lines).

I didn't get to see all the ladies, but- Malika Sharshenbaeva ( SP- it ran out of steam, but it was fun and I liked seeing something different in music and costume) and Emily Chan (esp. SP- such beautiful skating and spins, but sigh, not sure those jumps can be fixed).

I didn't get a chance to see dance, unfortunately.

Last edited:

samm22

On the Ice
I really liked Rin Nitaya's programs, as well as Emily's. They are both more mature and it shows in the choreography and execution. I was pleased to see an italian, Lucrezia Gennaro place well! It's nice to see that smaller federations have up and coming skaters, and she had pretty decent jump technique! I also liked Koshiro's lp. I hand't seen dance yet, but I'm excited that an american team won!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Lee and Kam impressed me too. I had never seen them before and they seemed really happy with their placement. Hope they keep up the hard work!

euroskate

Final Flight
Amanda stan both, swiss girl short Programm, chan sp first i thought o my god how dare you take this peace of music but it is perfectly choreographed and very well skated

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Lee & Kam's tango. (Gorgeous)
Lee & Kam's short dance. (Gorgeous X2)
Koshiro's short program (I know--the mistakes--but it was my favorite anyway. Love the extension.)
Koshiro's free skate
Cheremsky's short
Anna Gordienko's short & free skate

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
for me its definitely Koshiro Shimada's LP !! he performed it really well, very musical, not just skating but living the character :love:
I only just caught up with this competition (so many fun things in life, so little time...), and saw his LP, and fell completely in love with the kid. So young, and such charm and wonderful skating skills! Then I saw this thread. Your comments echoed my own thoughts, so a big + 1 here. :dance: