Ashley and Four Continents...should she go? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ashley and Four Continents...should she go?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well Ashley made the decision not to go. I am sure she has her reasons just like Polina has her's for that incredibly bad fs dress and Chan's unexplainanble non skating coach. We will find out if it is the right or wrong decision in two months I guess. Who knows folks she may be injured and keeping it on the down low. I think what is more interesting as this is two years before th enext Olympics this is the year skaters make decisions - who will retire? (skaters tend to stick in for one moreyear if there is a eyar before the next olys.).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her prerotation is ridiculous and consistently called incorrectly, but unfortunately I don't see that changing anytime soon- the tech panel seems concerned only with the jump landing not the take off prerotation. I do sincerely hope this may someday change since I think it's an embarrassment and grossly unfair to skaters who take off correctly, but as of right now the situation is what it is.

I realize we're in an Ashley thread so I'll insert this :eek:topic: and even a "please feel free to ignore this post" ;)

I actually feel terrible that the video I'm about to post has like 2,500 plus views. My goal isn't to launch vile or dislike at Satoko. I really want to like her and root for her as I feel I do with all skaters when they take the ice. That long and boring disclaimer aside..... She is under rotating too. I feel the video I made shows she is actually short of a full double jump and getting credit for a triple. I like Satoko but her scores are not fair when you consider other skaters are getting dogged for UR's like Ashley, Mirai, and Polina to name a few. What's worse is the pattern is clear and consistent yet not being called.

If we're going to hold Ashley to the UR standard as we should, then if you want to see people like me on Satoko's bandwagon, as I feel I should and want to be, than she needs to be held to those standards also. It's not only pre-rotation she's getting away with in my less than humble opinion :)

http://youtu.be/nZOTRsyspAw
Sorry Satoko fans :slink:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I dig the music (I own that Air album!). So you should watch it just for that. :thumbsup:

FTnoona

Final Flight
I realize we're in an Ashley thread so I'll insert this :eek:topic: and even a "please feel free to ignore this post" ;)
http://youtu.be/nZOTRsyspAw
Sorry Satoko fans :slink:

Sorry to continue the off topic, but a genuine question. How are you counting her UR? For me when I am looking at where her boots are facing when she is suppose to take off (ignoring pre-rotation), I only see 90 degree UR. Doesn't make it any better since she does pre-rotate badly.

Back on topic. I think it would have been beneficial for Ashley to get one more shot at her SP before worlds since she's been struggling with that, but it's her call and she knows herself best. I am excited that Mirai gets one more assignment this season though.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to continue the off topic, but a genuine question. How are you counting her UR? For me when I am looking at where her boots are facing when she is suppose to take off (ignoring pre-rotation), I only see 90 degree UR. Doesn't make it any better since she does pre-rotate badly.

From when the toe pick touches down to the final edge and angle out of the jump she takes ? I always imagine jumps taking place on an arc...if that makes sense.

Last edited: