Smuckers Skating Spectacular | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Smuckers Skating Spectacular

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do you remember approximately where this happened during the broadcast?

It was in the second half hour, I think -- maybe about thirty-five or forty minutes in.
Pretty sure that it aired after Max's exhibition ... but not immediately after.

IIRC, it was bumper video going into a commercial break??

Pls know that I don't expect you to go to any trouble to find it. It was only a few seconds long, but it was cute. And it was nice to see Max feeling playful even after the emotional rollercoaster of the FS that barely had ended.

Thx again.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh ffs i was going to tape this and fell asleep and just woke up as it was ending. :mad:

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I put together all the interviews & fluff I could find from the broadcast:

https://youtu.be/OCYThbK0fEw (as always, YT probably still converting to higher quality HD)

(Max interview at 3:18. Bumper clip at 5:40.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

https://youtu.be/OCYThbK0fEw (as always, YT probably still converting to higher quality HD)

Many thanks, sabinfire for not only meeting my request, but also far exceeding it. Very glad to have all the interviews as well.

So I think Mirai :luv17: was the only skater who is not going to Worlds but whose exhibition NBC showed.

Fits with my theory that NBC was getting an early start on its promotional push for Worlds coverage. And replayed the free programs to show the caliber of the top US competitors in Boston.

But too bad that we did not see more of the exhibitions.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
sabinfire:

Any chance I could persuade you to upload those few seconds of bumper video of Max goofing around and pretending to box with the camera?

Would love for karne to see it.

:love: Thankyou golden!!! :love: You know I'm always up for cute Max. I totally forgot this would be shown today, but finding a stream could have been tricky anyway. I just wait for IN to put the whole thing up :yes:

sabinfire is god as usual :points:

Oh my god he is fifty different kinds of adorable.

Last edited:

boo69

Rinkside
I think promoting coverage of home Worlds in Boston could be the reason for replaying entire free programs of the winners??

Recycling the Tara/Johnny fluff pieces from the NBC website is the only thing that is really bugging me as an indefensible waste of air time.

(Wayfair is a sponsor, so the promotion of Wayfair is understandable to me. At least it was promotion of philanthropic efforts by Wayfair.)

I think every year they replay the free programs of the winners either during the gala or the airing of the next discipline. I think Gracie Gold's free was aired 2 extra times: once during the mens' free and during the gala. That is really annoying. I wish that in the future they would stop re-airing winning free programs during the gala so that we get to see more skaters during the galas.