Junior Worlds: Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Junior Worlds: Predictions Game Round 2

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter we will still be accepting predictions for each discipline up until the start of their Short Programme.

That is what I will be doing for the Singles categories. (Men is nearly finished. Don't know when I'll get onto Ladies, though...)

Please Note: As per the new Rules introduced to the Nationals Game for American and Canadian Championships, if you want to change your predictions after the first SP has started, you have to post the amendments IN A NEW POST. Editing your original post will invalidate your predictions.

CaroLiza_fan

randomfan

Record Breaker
I am afraid that the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter we will still be accepting predictions for each discipline up until the start of their Short Programme.

That is what I will be doing for the Singles categories. (Men is nearly finished. Don't know when I'll get onto Ladies, though...)

Please Note: As per the new Rules introduced to the Nationals Game for American and Canadian Championships, if you want to change your predictions after the first SP has started, you have to post the amendments IN A NEW POST. Editing your original post will invalidate your predictions.

CaroLiza_fan

I have a question regarding this (for future reference :biggrin:). If I wanted to change my predictions after the start of the first SP, and I made a new post, would I have to add a note (and therefore edit) on the original post saying that I have a new post, and that the original should not be counted? Or should I just leave the original post with no notice of a new post?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have a question regarding this (for future reference :biggrin:). If I wanted to change my predictions after the start of the first SP, and I made a new post, would I have to add a note (and therefore edit) on the original post saying that I have a new post, and that the original should not be counted? Or should I just leave the original post with no notice of a new post?

No, do NOT touch the first post at all. Because then it would come up that it has been edited, and we would not know what exactly has been edited (only the poster themselves and Mods can see the edit history).

Don't worry, the scorers will be able to spot the new post and realise your intentions.

But, if you want to make sure they realise, you can put a message on the new post spelling out that this is the one you want to be used.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Florencito

Medalist
I can't believe I forgot this one :bang:
Only Ice dance and ladies for me.

Ladies

1) Turskaya
2) Sotskova
3) Kucvalska
4) Shiraiwa
5) Higuchi
6) Fedichkina
7) Tursynbayeva

Ice dance

1) McNamara/Carpenter
2) Loboda/Drozd
3) Parsons/Parasons
4) Popova/Vlasenko
5) Shpilevaya/Smirnov
6) Lauriault/Le Gac
7) Abachkina/Thauron

randomfan

Record Breaker
No, do NOT touch the first post at all. Because then it would come up that it has been edited, and we would not know what exactly has been edited (only the poster themselves and Mods can see the edit history).

Don't worry, the scorers will be able to spot the new post and realise your intentions.

But, if you want to make sure they realise, you can put a message on the new post spelling out that this is the one you want to be used.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks! :)

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Men:
Pairs:

1. Borisova/Sopot
2. Duskova/Bidar
3. Mishina/Mirzoev
4. Oganesian/Bardei
5. Gubanova/Sintsov
6. Hoffman/Chudak

lol at my pairs prediction :laugh2:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I came to do the Ladies Predictions this morning, and saw that there were so many entries, I thought “Oh drat! I’ll never get this all done in time. I’ll have to only do the last 4 groups”.

But, I knew I’d feel guilty if I did that and missed out somebody who was really good, but was starting early because they hadn’t done many international competitions. So, I did order the whole field.

This was really hard! Because, I like practically all of the girls that have the 15 highest absolute PB scores. And I wanted to put them all into my Top 6!

As you should know by now, I don’t like Tsurskaya’s style of skating. But it is so effective at getting the points! I much prefer Sotskova. Both of them achieved their absolute PB’s at Senior Nationals in December, and there was 5 points in difference.

But, I took a chance in Pairs by going with my heart regardless of what the numbers said, and it paid off big time. So, I am going to do the same here.

Rounding off the podium, I have my favourite Junior skater from last season, Wakaba Higuchi. Now, although she is in third place in the absolute PB list, I am taking a risk with her because I haven’t seen that much of her this season compared to last season. So, I don’t really know what form she is in.

The next 3 on the absolute PB list are 3 skaters whose absolute PB’s are quite close together. And I have liked all of them this year! So, choosing an order was difficult.

With Yuna Shiraiwa, both her ISU PB (which is her absolute PB) and her National PB were scored this season, and they are practically identical. The National PB was scored at Senior Nationals, but her Junior Nationals score was only 2 points lower. Although her other 3 scores were lower, there is a consistency. Oh, and she won both of her Junior GP’s. However, in the Junior GP Final, she could only manage 5th.

Alisa Fedichkina is in a similar boat. Again, both her ISU PB (which is her absolute PB) and her National PB were scored this season. And like Yuna, her absolute PB was scored at the Spanish Junior GP, and her National PB is not much lower (the difference is a bit bigger, but still less than 2 points). But, her lower scores this season have been better than Yuna’s lower scores. However, she has only won one competition, the Junior Coupe de Nice. Significantly, Alisa was 2nd and Yuna was 1st in the Junior GP that they both competed in.

But, Alisa is so endearing that you can’t not want her to do as well as possible. So, I gave her the nod over Yuna.

But the highest absolute PB of this group belonged to Tyler Pierce. HOWEVER, this was achieved at this year’s Nationals, and all her other scores this season were considerably lower. Her next best score, from the Tallinn Trophy, would drop her to 10th, splitting the Latvians. So, seeing how much I rate Kuchvalska, I decided to do just that.

However, she did not end up as low as 10th by the end of things, because I dropped the next girl on the absolute PB list down further, for the same reasons. Now, don’t shoot me, but this was another American. Bradie Tennell scored her absolute PB at Senior Nationals, but this was an absolute monster score compared to every other score she has had this season. In fact, if you take out last year’s Junior Nationals winning score, it is a monster score compared to anything she has ever scored before.

That Junior Nationals score from last season would also have her splitting the Latvians, but would have her ahead of where I put Tyler. But, given that Tyler’s scores have on the whole been better, I went with Bradie’s second best score from this season, which put her behind the Latvians.

Now came the dilemma – who to have as my alternate. Honda or Tursynbaeva?

When it comes to absolute PB’s, Marin’s (from this season’s Croatian Junior GP) is 2 points higher than Elizabet’s (from this season’s Autumn Classic). They’ve both done loads of competitions this season and, on the whole, their scores from them are pretty well matched. The only thing where there was a big difference was on ISU World Standings, but that is because Marin didn’t do many international events before this season. (She’s only 14, after all!)

In the end, I went with Marin. It wasn’t because her absolute PB was higher, although that was a factor. It was more to do with the fact that she is 2 years younger than Elizabet, has far less international experience, and yet is consistently matching her scores.

Next on my list was a girl that I would have loved to put on the podium, because I really like her and she has been doing so well in the Senior ranks this season. But, the irony is that the Junior field is so strong that Kuchvalska is probably going to struggle to get near the 4th position that she achieved at Europeans. Her score from Europeans, which is her absolute PB, would only put her in 10th when the skaters here are ordered by absolute PB. She has moved up my predictions because of moving the Americans down, but 8th is still not near enough to 4th to be happy with.

I’ve already explained why I put the Americans where I did. For the rest, I left them in their absolute PB order. (I would have liked to have moved Galustyan up, because I like her. But it was hardly worth it, seeing I wouldn’t have been able to justify moving her up many places).

So, that's it. Predictions finally all done with more than half an hour to spare until the Ladies start.

CaroLiza_fan

JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Maria SOTSKOVA, RUS
2. Polina TSURSKAYA, RUS
3. Wakaba HIGUCHI, JPN
4. Alisa FEDICHKINA, RUS
5. Yuna SHIRAIWA, JPN
6. Marin HONDA, JPN

Just for fun
7. Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA, KAZ
8. Angelina KUCHVALSKA, LAT
9. Tyler PIERCE, USA
10. Diana NIKITINA, LAT
11. Bradie TENNELL, USA
12. Viveca LINDFORS, FIN
13. Anastasia GALUSTYAN, ARM
14. Ivett TOTH, HUN
15. Amy LIN, TPE

Jombi

On the Ice
WHAT THE *BLIP* MEN RESULTS (official results)

Running away with a solitary GOLD and 45 points here we have... Marin!!!
SILVER with 40 points: dia, voolfee, debra, CaroLiza
BRONZE with 35 points: HanDomi

:hap10:

PS: Zero "Tomoki Hiwatashi" in the top 5 predictions: such a way to step up to the occasion!! Brief interview with TSL at US Natotionals.

Check your points also here. If you find mistakes do let me know :)

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
well, i got the winner right for men, thats the most important :biggrin:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker

PS: Zero "Tomoki Hiwatashi" in the top 5 predictions: such a way to step up to the occasion!! Brief interview with TSL at US Natotionals.

OMG gold :yahoo:

skatemd1

On the Ice

Also zero predictions for Parsons/Parsons to win in ice dance, but they have a great chance. I like that there are surprises. More fun to watch that way, although based on previous PB scores, this one shouldn't have been such a surprise. The two top US teams are so good and so close to each other, could be either of them for the gold. Others will fight for bronze, but P/P just might come out on top this time.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Medalists for Ice Dance:

GOLD: Layback11, Poice and Sugarpova with 65 points!
SILVER: apgold, Debrah, Florencito, Hyena, ines42575, Marin, rosacotton, Silverfoxes, sunnystars and voolfee with 55 points!
BRONZE: CaroLiza_fan, dia, matmuh, Nathan13, sequinsgalore and Sneakers with 50 points!

:hap10::hap93::hap10:

Congratulations!

Nobody had Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT in their Top 5

If there are any mistake, please let me know

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Medalists for Ice Dance:

GOLD: Layback11, Poice and Sugarpova with 65 points!
SILVER: apgold, Debrah, Florencito, Hyena, ines42575, Marin, rosacotton, Silverfoxes, sunnystars and voolfee with 55 points!
BRONZE: CaroLiza_fan, dia, matmuh, Nathan13, sequinsgalore and Sneakers with 50 points!

:hap10::hap93::hap10:

Congratulations!

Nobody had Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT in their Top 5

If there are any mistake, please let me know

I won? :jaw: yay!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Looking forward to see the Ladies' winner.

Your wish is my command!

The ladies scores were interesting. 7 of us (myself included) put both Tsurskaya and Fedichkina in our top 6 and didn't bother to include a 7th prediction, so we only had 4 predictions to score. I don't know about the rest of you but I'll be doing at least 7 or 8 predictions for each event in the future. :laugh: Only 2 didn't have Tsurskaya in first place. Once Tsurskaya and Fedichkina were taken out, only 4 players had Honda on the podium and only 1 (dia!) had her in first.

Enough rambling, here are the medalists:

GOLD: A tie between dia and apgold with 55 points!
SILVER: Debrah, Florencito, and CaroLiza_fan with 45 points!
BRONZE: invisiblespiral, Latvian, Hyena, sequinsgalore, and JuliaHols with 40 points!

I definitely could have made a mistake, so please let me know if you spot on!

Debrah

On the Ice
I couldn't find the result for the pairs or the overall prediction results and I am not clear how the scoring works so can't figure it out unless some kind soul tells me how...

tulosai

Record Breaker
I couldn't find the result for the pairs or the overall prediction results and I am not clear how the scoring works so can't figure it out unless some kind soul tells me how...

I'm scoring pairs. It's been a very busy few months for me so I am a few days behind everything, but the event did just end a few days ago so please be patient with me (though the other scorers are obviously amazingly fast :clap:) I am about halfway done with scoring and should be able to post all the scores tomorrow.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs scores are up. Thanks for everyone's patience and sorry for the great delay especially when I said I thought I'd be able to get them up a week ago :( Better late than never though, I suppose!

Scores in general were, honestly, a bit low. We did have some standouts though :)

Sharing the GOLD MEDAL, with 40 points each: Marin, voolfee, sneakers, sequinsgalore :)
Sharing the SILVER MEDAL, with 35 points each: Tyranid, sunnystar, silverfoxes, The Finn, sugarpova, CaroLiza_fan
Sharing the BRONZE MEDAL, with 30 points each: invisiblespiral, Jombi, dia, Hyena,

Let me know if you have any questions or see any mistakes :cheer: