Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Venue in Paris is Accorhotels Arena, Bercy

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Looks like the Judges' side are sections E and F. Do they even sell tickets on the Judges' side?
In the past, the judges' side seemed to be only available to French federation, French clubs, VIP's etc.

But last year's competition in Bordeaux, they did sell tickets for the judges side... but not until quite some time after tickets sales started. (Perhaps they've always done this, and I just never noticed before)

Is that row 26? I cannot seem to select anything lower than that.
Yes, seat numbering is strange - "row 1" is furthest from the front, apparently due to the "modular" seating that may extend over the rink for some events.

Row 26 is the one I suspect is the front row for this event (but that's only a guess! Don't rely on my word!)

On a other subject, I'm quite surprised that the seats for Friday are numbered. This is new!
Yes! I am pleased about that!

Not sure if FFSG site will sell tickets - but if they do, probably only unallocated seating? (they don't seem to have the facilities for booking allocated seats?)

mestickets... they don't actually sell tickets do they? I thought it was just an info site, for finding the places that do sell tickets?

francebillet and ticketmaster often seem to sell tickets for events at AccorHotels arena, so if tickets are available elsewhere (who knows?), those are the ones I'd expect.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes, but why the heck aren't we allowed to select seats "lower" (high numbered) than row 26? If they're supposed to be Gold seats, I would expect to be lower to the ice. That is, assuming those rows even 'exist' in the actual figure skating arena.
I don't know how things might have changed since the arena was refurbished, but in the "old" Bercy arena, there weren't any seats right down to ice level. The front row of seats were a few meters back and quite high above the ice. If you can find some TEB videos from 2013 or earlier, you'll see what I mean...

Perhaps row numbers higher than 26 (closer to the ice) are not available when the arena is in "figure skating" configuration?

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how things might have changed since the arena was refurbished, but in the "old" Bercy arena, there weren't any seats right down to ice level. The front row of seats were a few meters back and quite high above the ice. If you can find some TEB videos from 2013 or earlier, you'll see what I mean...

Perhaps row numbers higher than 26 (closer to the ice) are not available when the arena is in "figure skating" configuration?

Judging from the colored picture on the first page, it doesn't look like they change the configuration of the seating. The first row looks above ice level.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Okay, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a miss... I'm not too interested in sitting opposite the judges area and that far from the ice. And I'm already going to Paris in March, too, and it's not like I desperately want to go to Paris twice in half a year.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Okay, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a miss... I'm not too interested in sitting opposite the judges area and that far from the ice. And I'm already going to Paris in March, too, and it's not like I desperately want to go to Paris twice in half a year.
That would be a shame, seems like a fantastic list of competitors to me...!

I found this image... I guess there's no guarantee that's the layout we'll actually see, but assuming it's at least close:

The seats on sale are shown on the left side, and counting the rows from the back (row 1), to the ones nearest the rink... row 26 doesn't seem bad to me, if that's front row? I think it would be closer to the ice than the "old" arena layout?

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
They seem to have tidied up the seat map - lots of seats disappeared.

It now seems clear that row26 on the side opposite the judges, is indeed the front row... (assuming the seats currently available ARE opposite the judges!)

Judging from the colored picture on the first page, it doesn't look like they change the configuration of the seating. The first row looks above ice level.
In that picture, it also looks like there will be "gold" seats on both sides of the rink ie. judges' side as well...

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish they would just put up all (or most) of the available seating like SA and SC did :gaah:

solene1

Rinkside
Tickets are available on other websites now (France Billet and Fnac) with more seats, but I could not manage to choose on the map. So it's probably better to buy on accorhotelsarena.com

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Really good seats, i.e. low, and on the judges' side, is a hard requirement for me for this particular event.

I'm gonna wait and see if other seats come available. *fingers crossed*

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tickets are available on other websites now (France Billet and Fnac) with more seats, but I could not manage to choose on the map. So it's probably better to buy on accorhotelsarena.com

Do you have a link to the other sites?

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
I'm strongly considering flying from the USA for this. The travel prices are right and the lineup looks impressive. Does anyone know if an all-event ticket is for sale through any channels? Hope to see some of you there.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm strongly considering flying from the USA for this. The travel prices are right and the lineup looks impressive. Does anyone know if an all-event ticket is for sale through any channels? Hope to see some of you there.

No. You have to buy the tickets separately. I'm flying from the US too. From Washington, DC!!!! My first trip to Europe!

Still haven't bought my tickets yet to this event :laugh:

Last edited:

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
No. You have to buy the tickets separately. I'm flying from the US too. From Washington, DC!!!! My first trip to Europe!

Still haven't bought my tickets yet to this event :laugh:

Will be flying from Boston here if I'm lucky enough to have my boss approve the time off on Monday or Tuesday. Yay us :)

UPDATE: I booked air/hotel and event tickets today. I got the tickets through the AccorhotelsArena website. They seem fairly decent. Two weeks ago my only booked-plan was Helsinki for World's. Excited to be attending two events this year, each in combination with first visits to both respective countries.

In related news my savings account has taken a huge hit haha. What do they say? You only live once? ;)

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Does anyone know the schedule (date and times) of events for men's, women's pairs, etc I? can't find it anywhere only the dates generally November 11-13.

Caustica

Final Flight
Bought my Eurostar tickets, hotel booking and figure skating tickets :dance3: So excited!!! (Gala price made me weep a little though.)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Encouraged by Misha's strong outing this weekend, I am suddenly considering about attending this one and started looking around. Ok, so the tickets are sold a la carte only, no all-event if I understand correctly? Does anyone know how attending practice sessions works? do they sell separate tickets for that as well, or any ticket holders can go in???

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
well crap, all the decent seatings (= judges side) seem to be gone already, so much for the idea :palmf: